... not many of us.

It's nice to see good guys get the leg up they deserve, but it's getting sort of lonely in the purple box.

Question: can we, as Promising Authors, recommend others for promotion? Like in the same way you nominate people for writers awards and so forth?

Congratulation to all you promising and signature author out there, but do you really need a title to get people too read your work, I like to see author get recognised but everything in this world is about title. if I was still an author and I was ever promoted to be a promising or signature author I would refuse and if I the computer automatically adjust your profile when you are promoted I would delete that account and set up another, and repost my story, title cause problems of all sorts. But well done to all you promising and signature author out there I will continue to read your story but not because you have a title just because there amazing stories and I enjoy reading them.

I don't think people read because someone is a Promising or Signature Author - I think they become Promising and Signature because people read them! Read them, like them, review them, follow them, and support them.

I know who I would put my money on to be the next wearing purple!

• Like 5

Congratulation to all you promising and signature author out there, but do you really need a title to get people too read your work, I like to see author get recognised but everything in this world is about title. 

Nothing everything in this world is about titles, otherwise as Kitt said, we would see people becoming Promising or Hosted Authors. We get that way because people read our work already.

Your reply was incredibly hard to read due to the inordinate amount of simple and basic errors and your continual refusal to engage with the universe of punctuation. I recommend that if you wish people to take your opinions seriously, that you work on this.

• Like 1

Scotty, I think you missed the point.  Kitt is right!  A title isn't going to get readers to flock to a story like mindless sheep.  Readers are smarter than that.  Authors that excel and have engaged readers and followers and reviewers determine which authors get promoted.  Showing your support for your favorite authors not only encourages great writing but gets them noticed.

Anyone can nominate an author to be considered for promotion.  Right now there are several newer authors with tons of talent.  I'm sure a few of them will be promoted to promising very soon.  :D

• Like 2

Congratulation to all you promising and signature author out there, but do you really need a title to get people too read your work, I like to see author get recognised but everything in this world is about title. if I was still an author and I was ever promoted to be a promising or signature author I would refuse and if I the computer automatically adjust your profile when you are promoted I would delete that account and set up another, and repost my story, title cause problems of all sorts. But well done to all you promising and signature author out there I will continue to read your story but not because you have a title just because there amazing stories and I enjoy reading them.

When I read this comment, it sounds suspiciously like you are suggesting that people here write solely in order to be awarded a promotional title. Most are here because they enjoy writing and interacting with readers. In fact I would say that probably all the Signature and Promising authors were recognised because they love what they do and have a bit of skill to boot. It's not to get accolades for it, or for GA to give them a shiny badge.

... though I'm not gonna deny the shiny badge is pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with K.C. I can foresee probably a few more Promising promotions in the near future. There is certainly space in the ranks for active Promising authors. The numbers are looking a bit thin!

Edited by Stellar
  • Like 5

The numbers are looking a bit thin!

Tell me about it!

i'm gonna come right out and say that I think Aditus, Thorn Wilde and Cole Matthews would all make excellent company in the purple room for a start. I miss the muppet already. and Mann, but then, who doesn't miss Mann?

• Like 4

As KC said, any site member can nominate an author for promotion.

If you have read or follow an author who you think is deserving of promotion, then speak up.  There is no point in following an author and thinking that they are deserving of promotion, yet you keep that information to yourself and hope that they will be promoted as if by magic.

There are a large number of authors and stories on site, and even with best will in the world, the members of the Author Resource Team cannot read every single story by every single author on site.

• Like 1

Tell me about it!

i'm gonna come right out and say that I think Aditus, Thorn Wilde and Cole Matthews would all make excellent company in the purple room for a start. I miss the muppet already. and Mann, but then, who doesn't miss Mann?

Sasha, I would suggest that you PM an admin (Cia) or a member of the WST for nominations.  Putting nominations in a forum thread makes it too easy for them to be overlooked.    

• Like 1

Sasha, I would suggest that you PM an admin (Cia) or a member of the WST for nominations.  Putting nominations in a forum thread makes it too easy for them to be overlooked.    

I was just being publicly congratulatory and supportive, but yes, I think your idea is good. i might put something rather more formal together though...

And then there was . . . one more :)

Time to start giving those signature authors a real run for their money :gikkle:

:lol: I think Mr Mann will like this :P

Edited by slytherin

I do!!! :D

I knew I should have put money on this!!! :D  The purple has gone to the Wilde side!!! :P

LOL :lol: So, who will be the nex promising author ? Wanna bet ? Are we allowed to bet ? :P