Sign in to follow this  
LJH

Welcome our newest Editor and Beta Reader; Kev de Cauchery

On behalf of the Editing Team, I'd like to introduce, and welcome our newest editor / beta reader

Kev de Cauchery.

I'm sure Kev will make a valuable contribution to the GA Editing/Beta team. He is all set and ready to take on new authors. His favourite genres are romance and drama. He doesn't mind editing / beta reading 2nd drafts. He fully understands that Beta Readers are paramount to spotting logic, plot problems and consistency of character traits among other things.

When asked what comes first, plot or character  his opinion was that there is no hierarchy there, but characters are the ones who push the plot, and the plot should be aligned with character traits.

Welcome to the team, Kev.

Happy editing / beta reading.

But, mostly, happy writing.

• Like 2

Woo! Welcome, Kev! :)

Welcome Kev.

This GA member has already benefitted from Kev's beta reading :)  **one very very last minute rush on the anthology story yet again**

Glad you're on board! :)

Thank you guys. :)

I'm happy I can contribute to the site in some way again. 

• Like 1

Welcome, Kev! Authors helping authors... it's awesome!

Welcome Kev!

Welcome Kev. :)

Welcome Kev! :)

Welcome, Kev.  There's plenty of work for everyone.  

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ashi
      Hello, hola!
      I am currently writing a final chapter of the story, oh, I almost gave out the spoiler....  Anyways, I need someone who can speak speak Spanish natively and knows Latino/Latina culture.  The story won't use a lot of it but I am currently thinking I should write everything out, even dialogues that are "behind the scenes," so even if I cut those dialogues out, the entire flow would be authentic.  MC doesn't speak Spanish much (I'll say he speaks as much as me...), but his bf/fiance does.  There is this little segment where the BF is having a little family interaction, and MC doesn't know what they're talking about.  Anyways, it's going to be a very San Francisco story so this has to be very authentic, so I need experts!  Don't want to write something badly researched and be offensive unintentionally.  Please help me.  Thank you.
    • By Ashi
      The Scandalous Affair of His Honorable Beofred of Chauserley is a very light and fluffy RomCom which I spent relatively very little time writing (I watched way too many British dramas, so the dialogues come naturally).  I am hoping if there are people who are interested in beta and editing such story.  Someone who is very well-versed in Jane Austen type of language (Regency English) is preferred as the editor.  Beta reader doesn't need to be, as I want to see if the language is too confusing to general audience or not.
      Right now there is only one (10-page) chapter, with rough idea of a second chapter.  It's kind of soapy at this point, with potential to serialize.  I will only write more if there are interests.
      The story is not super serious historical fiction, but I did a little bit of research, particularly on costume accuracy and hierarchy of peerage and service staff (think Downton Abbey).  It's something I write to take my mind off my other project, so some details might be a little anachronistic.  People's names are intentionally corrupt and funny (MC is called Beofred.  Beo from Beowulf to mean intelligent, and -fred suffix to mean peaceful ruler).  The story is more accurately described as a generic fantasy setting, but the characters happened to be speaking and dressed up appropriately to the Regency Period.  It is not meant to be 100% historically accurate.
      There will be some reference to Austen stories (particularly Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion), Vanity Fair, and Othello (which I know..., is Shakespearean, not Regency).  Any resemblance of Jane Austen characters, Becky Sharp, and Iago is ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL.  LOL  It is a parody after all.
      There is no graphic depiction of sex "in front of the screen."  Main character happens to be gay and his parents don't give a flick about it, but somehow everything is still blown out of proportion big deal.  LOL
      Please consider joining the team.  If you know someone who might be interested, please let them know as well.  (*curtsy*)

• By LJCC
      I'm looking for a beta reader or an editor for my story
    • By DarkBishop
      Arcadia: Blood Stains (Book One)
      I’m currently looking for any beta readers that would like to beta read chapters before they’re released publicly. I’m just starting out and I currently have someone doing the proofreading, but I would like to have someone that can look at the chapter and the structure and make sure everything sounds good. You will also have access to the story Master File where the story is being built. 
      If you would like to be a beta reader please send me a private message. Looking for two if possible. 
      Thanks

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..