Why did I get up early this morning to read? Now I'm depressed too. Or at least sad and uncertain. Neil may be paranoid and prone to exaggeration, but in the case of his dad he has good cause. Even Todd didn't see fit to point out Phil Rosewood's mistake in confusing gays and pedophiles with each other to the bigot's face. Why does he think Neil can do it?

• Like 2
On 1/4/2015 at 2:08 AM, impunity said:

I only read one chapter today.

LOL I meant there was also a sad chapter in another story I'm following. But the last two chapters of Leopards have been pretty depressing - even if Liam pining after Neil is sort of funny, in a karma is a bitch way. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.

LOL I meant there was also a sad chapter in another story I'm following. But the last two chapters of Leopards have been pretty depressing - even if Liam pining after Neil is sort of funny, in a karma is a bitch way. :lol:

I know. :) I meant that I wasn't aware of any other sad chapters in other stories because I hadn't read any. I cut down on my reading on the site when work got really busy recently. Other than this one, I am currently following only a couple stories.

I love that Liam is pining after Neil. Can't wait to see how that turns out. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Thanks, Bleu :*) I like different points of view. This is only my second third-person POV novel and I'll admit that I have the same problem that I had with Heart of The Tree -- with so many potential points of view, it can be a challenge to work out whose point of view best serves the story.

• Like 1

I'm kind of dreading tomorrow, fearing the worst and hoping the best. Not that there is much good to hope for, except perhaps Liam sighing for Neil. But even that is sort of sad and pathetic. Damn it, why did I even start reading this before it was done? You'd better be grateful to all of us for sticking with the story, Graeme. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Not long to wait, but I'll admit that the last few chapters have been tough. Unfortunately, there really wasn't much of a choice -- the situation with Dave doesn't make for light reading :( There are, however, other things happening in the story that aren't as dark as that....

• Like 3

Plenty of great things are happening: Ty's, Charlie's and Dean's stories are all positive (except for Ty's crappy dad, but I have confidence that Graeme will ensure his comeuppance). Though, I'm still hoping for good things for Paul.

There is nothing sad and pathetic about Liam's sighing over Neil. It is pure irony of the best sort. Maybe Neil will get his own stalker. :lol:

Graeme's characters are a community: complex, down-to-earth, and occasionally flawed. Just like real people. And that's a very good thing.  Plus Ollie and Helena's antics make for brilliant comedy. :D

Edited by impunity
  • Like 3
On 1/10/2015 at 3:49 AM, impunity said:

There is nothing sad and pathetic about Liam's sighing over Neil. It is pure irony of the best sort. Maybe Neil will get his own stalker. :lol:

You were SO right. :D

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

The publication got messed up. I'll make it active now (early)....

EDIT TO ADD:

Should be okay. Let me know if you still can't see it.

Edited by Graeme

Oh, yeah I saw it. was almost the last thing I read before going to bed.

Fun chapter, Graeme, but tense too. Hilarious watching Liam going through all the contortions of stalking Neil and nice to see Neil become a happier person as a result of his secret friend Alf.

But the underlying tension of disaster waiting to happen is preventing this from being all fun and games.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Reply from Graeme (author)

The Neil-Liam situation is fraught with problems. But while the illusion lasts, they both seem happy. Surely, no one will be so cruel as to hope it ends?

The guy at training wasn't technically a scout. He was a selector for the state team. There's an annual match between the various state competitions and he was trying to pick who would be in the Victorian team.

Ah, right. That is still pretty exciting as anyone selected will get a lot of visibility. But there were real scouts before who were turned away by Ty's crappy dad. I hope we get to hear more about that soon.

And, no, Liam and Neil are far too entertaining to hope for anything that dire.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Just in case anyone is interested, here's a report from the AFL website about what one American hopeful is doing to try to get into the AFL:

American hopeful Alex Aurrichio doing everything possible to make it to the AFL

It will also give some idea of the level of training and fitness required at the AFL level.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Ice baths! Yikes!   :o

A comment in one of the player biographies I've read was "The support staff swear by them. The players just swear." :P

• Like 2

Less than 12 hours before we get more Leopard fun. Wonder where the focus will be now?

• Neil and Liam - the stalker stalked,
  • Deon and Dave - two guys with anger and girlfriend problems,
  • Jim and Tony - the happy couple,
  • The brat and his bastard of a father,
  • or something else completely?
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

It's not in the middle of the night here. I'm not currently in Australia -- I'm in New Zealand (for work), which is two hours ahead of Australia :boy:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Just in case anyone is interested, here's a report from the AFL website about what one American hopeful is doing to try to get into the AFL:

American hopeful Alex Aurrichio doing everything possible to make it to the AFL

It will also give some idea of the level of training and fitness required at the AFL level.

In case anyone is interested on an update...

American Aurrichio gets VFL shot with the Blues

Also, in a GA exclusive, I can report that the Lilydale Leopards also tried to sign him for the 2015 season, but sadly missed out :(

"He was an exciting prospect," Eric Blackman, President of the Lilydale Leopards Football Club said yesterday. "We're really sorry he decided against coming to join with us, but we wish him all the best with the Northern Blues. His height and athleticism would've made a great addition to our 2015 team, and he would have been warmly welcomed into the Leopards family. On the good news front, this leaves us with some space in our salary cap for an additional player. We're looking across Australia at the moment for that next new star, and invite any overseas prospects to contact us if they are interested in joining a great club."

:boy:

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 2