[Sasha Distan] Redemption's A Bitch

I guess I don't see how it's Kieran's business how unspeakably tiresome Rebecca is with her !@#$% gardenias. I mean, he was sort of overstepping his bounds by speaking for Shastan about him and her and their love, etc.  As awful as Rebecca is, some couples express their devotion by one partner making an enormous foofarah over every little thing and the other one being patient and indulgent.

That's why I want Shastan to grow a pair and tell Becca how he honestly feels about the way this wedding has gone overboard. She can still do what she wants, but she needs to acknowledge it's for her sake and not because it's 'important'.

Becca: “Everything in the wedding needs to be considered. It’s important.”

Kieran rocked up from the sofa.

“It might be important to you, but it certainly isn’t important to Shas. The only important things are you and him and the fact that you love each other. Everything else is just… fluff. What do you want exactly? A marriage? Or a wedding?”

Rebecca sneered at him.

“Because the city’s biggest playboy is such an expert on love and commitment. Stick to what you’re good at Kieran.”

But I hope Kier takes revenge when he holds his best man speech. :evil: I hope he talks about how much Shastan loves Becca and the best proof being the way he has indulged her (and her mother) on the whole wedding deal. And that he sincerely wish she will make as much effort to keep her husband just as happy in the future, because then they'll have a long happy marriage.

But I'm sure sasha can come up with something a lot more subtle and cutting :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Hey, EASY there tiger XD 

In fairness, I see no reason for Kieran not to be just as much of a whiny little snit in his best man speech as he is at all other times.  Can he consult Shastan first before he makes digs at his wife at their wedding?

• Like 1

I guess I don't see how it's Kieran's business how unspeakably tiresome Rebecca is with her !@#$% gardenias.

Because all of this... femininity is happening in his house. Can you imagine living with that? No thanks...

Bystanders telling Bridezilla to think of her groom never did anyone any favors.

Point!

It's times like this I wish i was not several chapters ahead of you all!  My tongue is getting very tender!

*hands Ma ice cubes and watermelon chunks* It'll be OK Ma, I'm sorry.

New fan here and I'm up to date on all the posted chapters.

I'm at the hate/love part with my feelings on Kieran. Honestly though, you can't put all the blame on him for the way he is. These guys he uses allow themselves to be used; case in point, blowing him in a bathroom stall or a coat room. Most of these men come up desperately to him with those sexual offers.

Robin is just the kind on person he needs in his life. I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't read the newest chapters. Just know that Robin is a rare gem and not as impressed by Kieran as everyone else. He's really Kieran's salvation basically, so lets give Kieran the chance to better himself ✌

• Like 2

I'm at the hate/love part with my feelings on Kieran. Honestly though, you can't put all the blame on him for the way he is. These guys he uses allow themselves to be used; case in point, blowing him in a bathroom stall or a coat room. Most of these men come up desperately to him with those sexual offers.

We like you, you can stay. and you make a very valid point. Most guys would not, unlike Matty, allow themselves to get screwed over the back of a motorbike in the driveway of their house with a guy who can't remember his name - that's kinda desperate. Poor Matty.

• Like 1

Wow... you guys are even talking about kilts over here. Irri you should consider that we tend to have wooly legs so we don't really notice and kilts are loose in comparison to pants so there is less direct contact however as Kitt stated we are unspeakably brave.

• Like 3

Irri you should consider that we tend to have wooly legs so we don't really notice and kilts are loose in comparison to pants so there is less direct contact however as Kitt stated we are unspeakably brave.

But Dughlas, the... you know, the male bits. The less hairy one. How can you put a layer of wool over that and stick a sporran over THAT and then just run around caber tossing all day? It's like, the stuff of nightmare. I can't even put cashmere around my NECK.

Edit: Ugh, I must take to my fainting couch in a cloud of chiffon.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

Well, I assume Scotsmen have all their natural parts (unlike the barbaric custom in the US), so this helps too. Or maybe the cold air coming up the kilt makes things shrivel up and hide. I've only tried wearing a kilt once as a kid and underwear was definitely used, so no personal experience of dangly parts in a draft.

<wonders when Mann puts in his two bits>  or what ever the expression is....

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Tim, if you can tell me that everyone always wears underwear the whole exotic custom will seem a bit less awful. Only a bit, because regardless of dughlas's airy reassurances, wool does stuff to human skin no matter how hairy you are (someday I'll post a photo of my father-in-law's legs: he wears wool socks and the hair on his legs stops exactly 4" above the ankle bone). But I don't think you can even give that much pro-kilt support. All evidence suggests that it's a total free-for-all under there.

Edit: 

token girl of girlyness.

Well, but seriously, Sasha, when there's men running around in kilts, can you blame some of us for retreating into extremes of floral arrangement?

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that Robin uses the scary words to prevent himself from caving in to the attention from Kieran and forgiving him too soon.

And in any case what is this 'effort' Kier insists he's made? Picking up Robin because he was asked to and not talking to him during the rehearsal dinner ? Not good enough, Kier, just not good enough. :no:

Oh and I'm sure Bay would have less than impressed if Kier tried to seduce Issac - and the chef would not have been amused either. Both on his own behalf and for his waiter. :pissed:

I think you hit the nail directly in terms of why Robin used those scary words. It seems pretty clear that if Kieran had been less of an ass at the beginning that they might already be dating (whatever things they might include in their definition of dating). Of course, we'd have a much shorter and less addictive story. :/

• Like 1

Finally caught up, and I must say that it was brilliant having Robin show up at this random bar that Kieran entered. Nothing like home turf for Robin to show  more about who Robin is! His strength and convictions are certainly necessary to balance Kieran's strength and convictions, and I cannot imagine either of them ever settling for someone who does not have a similar level of strength and conviction. On the negative side, my experience is that people with strong convictions -- no matter how right they generally are -- will at least occasionally be wrong, and they often have a hard time accepting when they are wrong. So, there will need to be some delicate balancing on BOTH parts even if it is mostly Kieran at the moment.

I must say, however, that I am glad that being on his home turf opened Robin up to talking normally to Kieran -- and that Kieran did not screw it up (too much...). A little bit of hope is good for the behavioral modification program that Kieran is undergoing at the moment. Thanks, Sasha! :great:

• Like 1

A little bit of hope is good for the behavioral modification program that Kieran is undergoing at the moment. 

That might be the best description of what this story is really about. excellent.

• Like 1

:2thumbs:  :lmao:  :lol: *squealing* :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

:D  :heart:  :heart:  IT'S ZANDER IT'S ZANDER IT'S ZANDER IT'S ZANDER OH THANK YOU SASHA :heart:  :heart:   :D

*goes bouncing off*

I'll write a review when I've calmed down. I feel like it's getting more interesting but I can't think past OMG ZANDER.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 3