Crazyshadows13

What did your parents do?

On 7/29/2014 at 2:01 PM, jamessavik said:

My dad punched me so hard I crashed into and broke through the dry wall.

I was kept inside without contact with anyone for weeks except for church. Just church- no Sunday school or social stuff.

Tell the truth, I don't want to think about it anymore.

Im glad that is over now. It's really hard to move through stuff like that. They never hit me hard or anything but still the stuff they did haunt me till this day. I still have nightmares about it sometimes. Best thing we can do is to live the best life we can and be who we are and surround ourselves with calm, gentle, kind, and open minded people who will support us no matter what because they see us for who we are as a person. It hurts and is infuriating to think about but I'd like to think we are better now because of what we went theough. It made us able to understand and feel for others. The world wouldn't be able to function without people like us. You are the glue that keeps people together and the support for people who are falling apart. I love you *hugs*

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)

They did way too much. It's traumatizing but life goes on. My grandmother one time came up to me and said to me, " Don't be gay! I read online that gay people play with the butt!!!" With a horrified expression on her face. I definitely snickered at that. I miss her so much. She was my biggest supporter. My biggest regret is that I wasnt strong enough to come out to her and wasn't able to be there for her on her death bed.

Edited by jryski
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, jryski said:

They did way too much. It's traumatizing but life goes on. My grandmother one time came up to me and said to me, " Don't be gay! I read online that gay people play with the butt!!!" With a horrified expression on her face. I definitely snickered at that. I miss her so much. She was my biggest supporter. My biggest regret is that I wasnt strong enough to come out to her and wasn't able to be there for her on her death bed.

That's pretty funny, what your grandmother said. I don't think that not coming out to her has anything to do with strength, though. That stuff is hard, and sometimes we worry about the feelings of others as well. Not just about whether they'll accept us, but also how it'll make them feel. I don't think I'll ever come out to my grandmother, not out of worry about her accepting me, but because she wouldn't understand and it would be distressing to her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That's pretty funny, what your grandmother said. I don't think that not coming out to her has anything to do with strength, though. That stuff is hard, and sometimes we worry about the feelings of others as well. Not just about whether they'll accept us, but also how it'll make them feel. I don't think I'll ever come out to my grandmother, not out of worry about her accepting me, but because she wouldn't understand and it would be distressing to her. 

You're definitely right. It's still sad but you're right.

• Like 2