Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Plus, there's the other complication: who will be Alex's 'bit of rough on the side' ? :o

That is where we get into drama territory!

I'm not convinced that JJ would be as understanding as Wade about the need for a bit of rough on the side. Alex is a lazy bastard (insert bias disclaimer) so would be looking close to home. He is bi so he could try Tiffany. Now that would cause quite a bit of strife :devil:  

It will be interesting to hear more from JJ's point of view.

How old is JJ now? Isn't he a bit young for Alex?

I just thought I'd chime in on this.  Massachusetts sets the age of consent at 16, so from a legal standpoint, there's no issue with JJ and Alex being together.  

• Like 1

You know Mark, I sometimes get a picture in my head of you reading these forum posts (and story reviews) with us speculating about the various possible directions of CAP. I have the feeling you're delighted whether we argue or agree. I also suspect you like to nudge the discussion in the opposite direction, and it doesn't matter whether this is correct in relation to the story or your own opinion.

Maybe I should nominate you for :joe: King of Obfuscation. :lol:

Oh and I also imagine your reactions and face as you read reviews and posts: :yes::rolleyes:^_^:X:thumbup::rolleyes::whistle::blink: (no scratch that, I don't think we're capable of shocking you) :D:blushing::lol::huh::thumbup::P:) - did I miss any ?

(and your editors and beta readers are :gikkle: in the background or even :rofl: )

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 5

I just thought I'd chime in on this.  Massachusetts sets the age of consent at 16, so from a legal standpoint, there's no issue with JJ and Alex being together.  

Hi Mark,

I understand what you are saying about his legal age. However, with the tantrums that he throws when he doesn't get his way and the section in the chapter about him just recently developing and getting a sex drive, his mental maturity seems to be somewhere nearer 12 or 13 and I think that is the part that creeps me out abut JJ and Alex. Maybe he will quickly mature with your skillful writing :boy:

• Like 2

I think TimothyM has become entirely too fond of the little yellow faces! Soon he will be pm'ing Slytherin to get the code to that dancing one she likes!

:blushing:  I know, I know, I'm sorry. I really do try to control my addiction. But sometimes it gets away from me. Sorry for causing :off:  posts in the forum, Mark. (he, he haven't used that one before...)

• Like 3

:boy:  :joe:   I like the little yellow faces, such as these for JJ and Alex.

A lot of taboo subjects make there way into these CAP stories.  So what if there is an age gap as long as it's consensual.  JJ is of legal age and has already had a sexual encounter with his older coach so he is not naïve.  So many gay people around him has not caused him to flee to a more straight environment.  I don't perceive Alex to be a bad person who would harm JJ.

• Like 1

:blushing:  I know, I know, I'm sorry. I really do try to control my addiction. But sometimes it gets away from me. Sorry for causing :off:  posts in the forum, Mark. (he, he haven't used that one before...)

Tim,

Mark never should have crowned you " king of the emoticons"...I think it has gone to your head...the big one :P ...but don't stop cuz they make me happy :boy: ...anyway, shouldn't you be writing :huh: I am waiting :thumbup: Cheers :whistle: ...Gary

• Like 3

...A lot of taboo subjects make their way into these CAP stories. I should read my posts carefully before sending.

But at least with forum posts you can go back and edit a mistake like that. So it's more important to read through your reviews carefully before posting as any mistakes there are preserved forever.

• Like 3

Impunity wrote in the review

Looking forward to Will's reaction to Steph's birthday gift. 

I want to see how Stef wraps it. Does Christo have a gift wrapping service?  B)

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 5

Re ch 3 - it seems Brad has finally learnt his lesson about not hurting Matt. :)

and even if Brad and Cam are not likely to have a permanent relationship, i think they are good for each other right now. Cam will gain confidence and trust in himself from being singled out by Brad, and Brad's need to believe that he's still attractive is certainly met by a young handsome guy like Cam wanting him. I enjoyed seeing Brad validating Cam's opinions and boosting his ego. Sometimes we forget where Will got his cleverness and caring personality from, but Brad is perceptive, loyal and unselfish too - when he's not freaked out by Robbie abandoning him.

Brilliant summary of Brad and Cam

• Like 1

In my review of chapter 3, I speculated about Devon's finding out Will's age. On further reflection, I think it'll have to happen when Will turns 16 and ends up owning the building. That's going to be pretty difficult to keep quiet among the bar staff.

• Like 2

The only thing I missed in Chapter 3 was hearing from JJ!   And I am really looking forward to hearing more from him in coming chapters.   

As far as Devon finding out Will's true age, I don't see that as a big thing once he realizes that Will's dad and  his grandfather figure are ok with him being a sexually active person, a fact  of which Brad and Stef certainly are aware. 

I am still curious what Wade is going to do about his very junior younger brother who seems to be still in school in CA.  

So many possible story lines to write and follow, I hoping that Streak turns out to be a good one on so many levels....

In my review of chapter 3, I speculated about Devon's finding out Will's age. On further reflection, I think it'll have to happen when Will turns 16 and ends up owning the building. That's going to be pretty difficult to keep quiet among the bar staff.

I don't think that really makes much of a difference.  Will is legally an adult, so he can own property.  If anything, that would make him seem like he's older than 18. 

In reality, this is a very public family.  It seems to me that it wouldn't be too hard for someone to figure out Will's age (a Google Search).  I'm betting that someone like Devon wouldn't worry about doing that, especially when Will's family seems to be fine with it (as DaddyDave noted).

• Like 1

I think Zach can keep his love for Will a secret under wraps because of the ability of Will's family to protect him. We have seen what happens to anyone who threatens or harms someone they care about. It won't be good news for Zach, knowing that Will is soon to own a gay bar with a private apartment connected.

I don't think that really makes much of a difference. Will is legally an adult, so he can own property. If anything, that would make him seem like he's older than 18.

In reality, this is a very public family. It seems to me that it wouldn't be too hard for someone to figure out Will's age (a Google Search). I'm betting that someone like Devon wouldn't worry about doing that, especially when Will's family seems to be fine with it (as DaddyDave noted).

I don't think Devon would care about Will's owning property. I just meant that Steph's birthday gift of the building would bring Will's age to Devon's attention. Emancipated minors have several specific limitations on their adult status; two of these for which the usual age limits apply are drinking alcohol and consenting to sex. Devon is, therefore, legally liable for both, regardless of Will's family's knowledge or approval. Aside from the legal implications, I think that anyone who believed he or she was having sex with someone older than 21 (given Will's ability to drink in various bars, no doubt due to his fake ID), would be disconcerted to learn that the person was actually 15.

I just think it's funny that the one and only time we've seen someone get arrested for statutory rape in CAP was Gathan in a case that wasn't even statutory as Kristin was 17 and legal in Ohio at the time. As compared to the many, many incidents of actual statutory rape that has happened in CAP, especially since Will became our main oversexed Lolita protagonist. At this point with him being close to 16 it doesn't really bother me anymore...although to be honest, when I was 14, I knew kids in my 8th grade class were having sex and it didn't bother me at all.

Although if you think about it, Will's sister Maddy would be close to 14 right now in August 2014. I wonder what his reaction would be if she even came close to the amount of sexual hijnks that Will did when he was 13/nearly 14, particularly if she decided to do a striptease at a European club. LOL.

It'll be interesting to see what Riley and Maddy are like as teenagers, and whether or not they'll see themselves as siblings, or...what I'm hoping, engaging in a cute love story that will make La Danfield's head explode. It's kind of blurred there.

Most people don't approach their personal lives from a perspective of constant consideration of legal liability.

Particularly when we're talking about guys in their 20's who are basically out for a good time. You think you're invincible at that age. Well, most of them do.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..