2014 Winter Anthology: Chain Reaction ~ Discussion

Have been working on one story so I can post one chapter a week every week.  I've been successful so far thanks to Lisa, who always gets my chapters back quickly.  A 17 year old wrote me a while back and said he was touched by my story, Knots.  He wanted to talk because he lived in a small rural community, had come out, lost his friends, was beaten at school, and treated coldly by his parents because of their religious convictions.  He wanted an adult to talk to and we shared emails which suddenly stopped.  I thought what a great idea for the beginning of a story.  I don't have any idea why he quit writing because when he last wrote he said his life had turned around and he thanked me profusely.  So I have the beginnings of a story and will have to use my imagination to figure out what happened after he quit writing.  Did they send him to one of those scared straight places?  Did his parents tell him to quit writing?  Did his friends turn traitor?  I have no idea.  But I think it will make a great story.

Since I want to keep writing a chapter a week, I decided that I'll write the whole story in my spare time and then publish it when it's done and have it ready for a Winter's Anthology.  Trying to publish two or more stories at the same time makes it hard on our readers. 

I don't have to submit them all and can limit it to one.  I just happened to have the time and a couple of ideas. 

I was teasing Bill.  Some of us would love to participate but have no clue what to write!

• Like 1

Show us up Bill. :D

Hmm... I have six pages written, but not sure I'm going to keep it and bother. :D We shall see. 

Edit: Well the story went kind of awkwardly odd.. so I've decided to scrap it and work on other projects. Maybe anthologies aren't my thing. It was turning into a slow paced larger project anyway. 

Edited by Krista
  • 2 weeks later...

I get to start over since I lost my hard drive in my all in one.  I'll get it back Monday, hopefully, and start from scratch.  Teach me not to back up or download my stories.

Oh no ! :(  :hug:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just sent Renee a file with about 9,500 words. Am I crazy to do this in my first outing?

A tad PETRIFIED here.

:puke:

I know I am a prejudiced opinion but no need to be petrified!

And other than a few shorts, the first thing I submitted was to an antho too, and it was received very well!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I misplaced my notes about my antho story.  :(  I remember the gist of it, though so I guess I just need to start over before I run out of time! 

My anthology story is ready.

It's a sequel to a story I did a while ago called the Place in Between.

I don't know but it may be some of the best work I've ever done.

I feel darned good about it.

silly-kitten2_zps36622fe5.png

See: even w00t kiity is excited about it.

• Like 4

I kinda, sorta wrote a Christmas story. :facepalm: Hope I get all the kinks out in time.

Kinks? This story is magical. :)

Btw, thanks to Addy's Magic red pen, mine is revised and off to Kitt for editing. Couldn't have done it without the help. This one was brutal for some reason.  

Sounds like some some great stuff is coming. Val and Jo Ann, I'm cracking the whip on you two. Back to the computer, tout suite! (Did I spell that right?) 

Anthos are a lot of work, but worth it. :)

• Like 2

Yeah, me too - but not for the anthology. :o

I finally finished my story and sent off for editing this morning. It seems I'll make it in time after all. For looking at my jumble including unfinished sentences  :*)  Cole deserves a special mentioning. :glomp:

• Like 3