• Site Moderator

Mann has not commented too much on expected reader reaction. A couple of times he suggested I change some lines which would have made one of the main characters less likeable. Even then, if I explain that's the reaction I'm looking for, he buys into it. I've had to tell him what my plans are 6 chapter later sometimes so he can understand what I want.

The wedding and the finale were originally one chapter. Mann wisely advices I split them it was too much at the same time. Heck he thought the last chapter might confuse some reader with the fast cuts, but he always defers to my wishes unless I really mess up. 

I had a picture of a Chinese bodybuilder in mind for the bad cop, needed a Chinese name, Xin sounded cool. 50 shades was a hot topic while I was writing the chapter so Gray came to mind and voila! Xin Gray was born. And yes, Zane Came to mind.

CJ might be a hothead but if a muscle bound guy throws him down to the ground, and identifies himself as a cop, the kid probably messed his shorts. Remember how Cesar mentioned their son had to be careful not to get overconfident with his abilities. This incident proves ass kicking is not always the solution.

as for finding out the resolution to these little issues, who recalls JR's shooting? How long did it take the viewers to find out? :D

There was a good bit of time there before he i.d.'d himself and popped the homophobic hate term. A little ass kicking would have done him good.

I remember a cop who grabbed this skinny kid who was wearing cowboy boots. He got three hard and fast kicks between the legs. We're talking swelling the size of small grapefruits.

• Like 1

as for finding out the resolution to these little issues, who recalls JR's shooting? How long did it take the viewers to find out? :D

Chip wakes up in a cold sweat and realizes that Doc will get more and better sex without him, stops his philandering ways and it's actually a triple wedding?

If someone wakes up and it's all been a bad dream... What was DrP saying about uncomfortable swellings and cowboy boots?  :P

Edited by Bucket1

If someone wakes up and it's all been a bad dream... What was DrP saying about uncomfortable swellings and cowboy boots?  :P

That is exactly what came to my mind at Carlos' comment!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Chip wakes up in a cold sweat and realizes that Doc will get more and better sex without him, stops his philandering ways and it's actually a triple wedding?

LOL  You're remembering the wrong season of "Dallas"  But actually I thought of that same thing.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

LOL  You're remembering the wrong season of "Dallas"  But actually I thought of that same thing.  ;)

But do not do that please!! No it was just a bad dream...

And that was when Bobby was dead a whole season

I never watched a single episode of Dallas in its entirety. Like everyone else that summer, I knew JR had been shot. Still don't know who did it. I also know Bobby slept through an entire season, I think it was after he got hit by a car?

The one dream sequence that I did watch, and appreciate to this day, was Bob Newhart waking up next to Suzanne Pleschette and telling her something about a weird dream he'd just had. Having watched Newhar for many years, t first as a shrink and then as an innkeeper, I thought that ending was inspired!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

It was a parody of the Dallas dream season. On Dallas they killed off Bobby because Patrick Duffy was leaving the show. He decided to come back. So the next season started with him stepping out of the shower to wake Pam from her bad dream.  lol

• 1 month later...

Just a bit over two weeks to go before 'Autumn' begins posting. For those of you who don't pay attention to gallery postings, here's a look at the cover for part 2 of CJ's story:

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1