gallery_18065_1023_104732.png

Sanctuary

Children of God can seek sanctuary, protection, and shelter at any House of God; but what of those who are not? Creatures shunned by the Lord have only one option, and that is to seek out a Rectory Office and claim sanctuary. Aki is the warden of a quiet Rectory Office on the edge of the city, but it won't be very quiet for long.

This story ties into the universe of the Best Circle of Hell stories, though they are not required reading, and also features characters from Wolf in the Rectory.

We're all about the supernaturals around here.

• Like 3

Sasha!  You bad wolf - giving away spoilers!  The only indication in chapter 1 that Aki was anything other than human was being called "demonic one" and a vague reference to his own abilities.  

LOL no more picking on me if I goof and give something away!

• Like 2

I wondered about the demon thing, but it was too soon for me to guess with any confidence. Is Hel a fallen angel?

Because seriously, an angel named Hel would be irony at its best.

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

Hel is the spirit wolf that lives inside you ... Aki is the little demon who gleefully asks tricksy questions of clueless readers in an attempt to stir up trouble. Beats me, I need to wait for the more clever to weigh in ...

• Like 2

Out of likes, but I LIKE this!

ME TOO :lol:  ie:

Yeah, that's me ... postcogniscient ...

:heart:  as suggested by Kitt.

And thanks for the like, dughlas, that was no 2000. although now I'm no longer awesome... :/

Edited by Timothy M.

For Sasha's benefit;

Some of the gang has been running out of likes rather early in the day with all the good reading coming out lately, so I suggested using :heart: when we run out of likes.  Seems to have caught on rather quickly!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From Sasha's reply to a review:

Can you imagine the inside of my brain turned into television? It's sort of terrifying.

Sorry - the small screen wouldn't cut it - you would need an I-Max theater to hold everything and a surround sound system to handle all the shouting in there!

• Like 4