Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

A brief hiatus

Mark

I've never ceased to be amazed at your work rate and at your ability to surprise and delight at every turn.

I had some personal problems a few years ago and stopped writing, and a pause of what was intended to be a few weeks has already turned into four years.

so all I will say is

thank you for something enduring and for your commitment

thank you for laughter, tears and hours, nay days worth of entertainment

take good care of yourself and your loved ones

see you on the other side.

best

• Like 4

That is pretty accurate except for number #4.

I actually really like JJ, especially the pre-skating JJ. If Will ended up with some hot Navy pilot, I think Alistair would be good for JJ as well. I think Alistair is the kind of common sense, no nonsense, good guy you want your son to bring home. I think Alistair would ground JJ and let him move on from diva time because I am not sure JJ even enjoys being a diva.

Alright...

4. JJ quits figure skating and goes back to Harvard-Westlake for 11th grade.

• Like 1

Alright...

4. JJ quits figure skating and goes back to Harvard-Westlake for 11th grade.

:great:   Now we are talking!

The hiatus is painful and approaches DomLuka painful as I still want to know what happens when "Nelson meets a young painter." :(

• Like 3

Clara - I write very few reviews myself. I enjoy reading everyone else's. I do, however, spread a lot of "likes" around. Whilst waiting for updates, I buy a lot of favourite authors from Kobo, Dreamspinners, Kindle etc. but no stories enthrall me like Mr. Arbour's. So although there are many other authors on GA that I enjoy, this hiatus is costing me bags of money :-{ I sincerely hope, Mark, that you emerge from this "slamming" relatively unscathed. Hang in there!!

• Like 1

Well, piffle! Searching around got me the answer to where the you're at, but it does not make me a happy camper.  I hope real life stops chewing your underwear soon so we can continue reading!

Hey, 

It's March now with no real update after the notice of leave of absence. It's like having a void in your chest for ten minutes every few days, because everythime you hit the refresh on the home page, nothing by you comes up. We've been spoilt by your posting schedule over the last, fiveish years? I started reading while you were still posting be-rad. So it's been a while since there was ever any real pause. 

I do do hope we here from you soon mark, even if it's an updating saying your still getting slammed....ahem, busy with life. .

read ya later!

~MM

• Like 1

I sincerely hope, Mark, that you emerge from this "slamming" relatively unscathed.

Funny, I was thinkin' a good slammin' is precisely what Arbor needs to get his head screwed on. ;) (Or was it a good screwin' to get his head slammed on??)

• Like 1

Funny, I was thinkin' a good slammin' is precisely what Arbor needs to get his head screwed on. ;) (Or was it a good screwin' to get his head slammed on??)

Well, PrivateTim, if you're offering....I'm sure Mark would take it. :devil:

I think the bigger issue here that no has addressed is the pent up sexual activity that surely must have all of our favorite characters near ready to burst!

I predict a massive amount of overdue orgasmic shrieks, moans, groans, and facial contortions that would make Orgasmic Stefan look and sound like mere suppressed sighs and light blushing!

Thanks Mark for all that you and your team has already given to us, and I'm sure I can say for others that we wait patiently (more or less), for your eventual return to us via story updates....

Until then -

• 2 weeks later...

It's March now with no real update after the notice of leave of absence.

April now... :no:

44 days, ten hours, thirty-eight minutes and counting...  :/   Sending best wishes for positive outcomes your way.

so how many days, hours, minutes now, GLH? :huh:

• Like 1

I am not sure if it is true but it seems that more really good authors leave this site than elsewhere on the net.  I wonder how much the dynamic of these boards is a part of that.  It has been alluded to by several authors. For example writer starts writing and develops a fan base which encourages them to write more and more until they are burnt or their other life is affected. Dom, vista,C.James,Riley Jericho come to mind. Not sur how real this is or what/if there is a solution but like all I wish Mark well and hope for his return.  Well and any of the others mentioned.   Best.  Steve 

I drove past Don Bosco on my way home for Easter today and thought of you and your stories. I hope everything is going well with you and that we'll hear from you again when thinfs settle down! :-)

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..