I was about to go to bed and then the new chapter popped up. I was all :D  and plunged in to read.

Now I'm all FUCK ! I'm going to bed and maybe I'll feel better tomorrow and be able to review. :,( :pissed:

:yes:

Unfortunately "sleeping on it" didn't help me....still not sure what to say in my review :,(

I found writing a review therapeutical LOL.

Don't be sad peeps, it will all turn out well, now I just can't wait till the next chapter so I can see how the shit starts to get fixed.

Keep the faith! ^_^

• Like 1

I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so. Cam became the rebound guy, even if they tried to talk about it. Neil is still not over KbR and I think that is why his back isn't getting better. He is carrying a lot of hurt around and it's not a good idea to drag someone else into that. Neil did try to be mature and responsible, but having someone who looked up to him and wanted him was too much of a temptation.

I still think Kevin has to be the one to make the first move. If indeed any move is to be made. Neil won't be able to handle much more of this emotional turmoil.

• Like 1

Those little hearts are so cute. Thanks!

You're welcome - you know why we use them, right? When we run out of official likes, which happens pretty fast in the COTT forum, we use the :heart: emoticon as per Kitt's brilliant suggetion.

I was about to go to bed and then the new chapter popped up. I was all :D  and plunged in to read.

Now I'm all FUCK ! I'm going to bed and maybe I'll feel better tomorrow and be able to review. :,(  :pissed:

Hey Tim,

Please don't review. I'm reaching the stage where I don't think I want any more candid reviews. Puts me off writing the darn thing to be frank....

I know. I just don't know how to do them myself.

You can find it in the list of emoticons. Press the smiley next to the My Media icon. Then press Show All below the bar of yellow faces. Scroll down the list almost to the end and chose the heart.

Or even simpler type : heart : but without the spaces before and after heart. - then you get :heart: as you post. :)

Edited by Timothy M.

Hey Tim,

Please don't review. I'm reaching the stage where I don't think I want any more candid reviews. Puts me off writing the darn thing to be frank....

Awww don't worry, I'll leave a nice review. I think the chapter was both realistic and great, that's why it hurt so much. I bet Michael tried to talk to Neil about his behavior several times, but got brushed off.

• Like 1

Awww don't worry, I'll leave a nice review. I think the chapter was both realistic and great, that's why it hurt so much. I bet Michael tried to talk to Neil about his behavior several times, but got brushed off.

Hey Tim,

Sorry, ignore my last, just having a moment here. Reviews are always welcome and from you especially so! :)

Problem is, until I started to write I was really not aware of the restrictions that writers have with plot. In terms of romance stories with two protagonists, there are really only three plot outcomes (lots of variations I know, but essentially these three are it):

1. A & B meet, there are issues and angst but eventually A & B become an item and live HEA

2. A & B meet, there is angst and issues that are never resolved and they do not become an item and may or may not link up with other partners

3. A & B meet, A or B leaves or dies and the remaining protagonist continues their life without them

That's pretty much it. I don't believe it's possible to write a romance story that breaks free from these plot restrictions. Where a writer does have some freedom of movement is in character development and interaction and that's what makes a story worth reading. Otherwise you could just read the first chapter and the last chapter and fill in the blanks. 

For the readers out there who do review, sometimes quite critically, I do want to say that I appreciate all reviews and I believe it's important to recognise and acknowledge the time and effort that people make to let you know how the story has affected them.

So feel free to post a review. I was just having a diva moment I think. :P

Edward

Edited by Former Member

Hey Tim,

Sorry, ignore my last, just having a moment here. Reviews are always welcome and from you especially so! :)

Problem is, until I started to write I was really not aware of the restrictions that writers have with plot. In terms of romance stories with two protagonists, there are really only three plot outcomes (lots of variations I know, but essentially these three are it):

1. A & B meet, there are issues and angst but eventually A & B become an item and live HEA

2. A & B meet, there is angst and issues that are never resolved and they do not become an item and may or may not link up with other partners

3. A & B meet, A or B leaves or dies and the remaining protagonist continues their life without them

That's pretty much it. I don't believe it's possible to write a romance story that breaks free from these plot restrictions. Where a writer does have some freedom of movement is in character development and interaction and that's what makes a story worth reading. Otherwise you could just read the first chapter and the last chapter and fill in the blanks. 

For the readers out there who do review, sometimes quite critically, I do want to say that I appreciate all reviews and I believe it's important to recognise and acknowledge the time and effort that people make to let you know how the story has affected them.

So feel free to post a review. I was just having a diva moment I think. :P

Edward

Just do what I do post a reply with :thankyou: in it and then either take the review under consideration or ,if it was just nasty, ignore it.

I am lucky I have only had one critical review so far on here, but on Goodreads my first story (Which is actually Chapmistres book two on here) was ripped to shreds by some readers. I just said thank you and moved onto the next one. At least they can't say I ignored them, at least not online anyway ;)

• Like 1

Well, Edward, I'm not sure if it's plot lines that are limited. Isn't that life you're describing? As regards romance at least. Of course, there could be a fourth option, love and happiness from day 1, but who would want to read that? If the sex was really good, then maybe... I think you are doing very well within these limitations. Neil is struggling with himself and he's growing up in front of us. That is what I like about this story. I'm hoping for a specific outcome, but it's the road leading up to the end that makes it worth reading.

When it comes to reviews, keep in mind there are quite a few of us that aren't English speaking natives. Therefore, we sometimes express ourself a bit clumsily and down right blunt.

• Like 1

I thought of a fifth after all. You could go all David Lynch on us! Suddenly, nothing is what it seems. Neil is wanted by the police, not knowing why. Cam is in fact a monster living in a cupboard. Kevin starts speaking backwards. And then it's over...

• Like 2

Hey Tim,

I can't answer for anyone else but my reason for not leaving a review right away was because I was upset for Neill. I didn't want to leave a review right away and have that bleed into the review and have you think I was upset with you. I agree with Tim, it was a realistic chapter and made me sad for Neill. Neill was suffering and lashed out and ended the chapter being alone in his misery. It happens a lot. It happened to a family member who lashed out at people who love her and just wanted to help. It was a well written chapter Edward. :hug:

• Like 1

I'm feeling quite sorry for Neil even if he did behave stupidly and drove Cam away. I hope he can get help and get better. And I still want to kick Ross down a mountain for not being man enough to be there for Neil. I hope Connie makes him completely miserable and Sophie refuses to go to Portugal and insists on staying with her grandparents in Scotland.

• Like 1

I'm feeling quite sorry for Neil even if he did behave stupidly and drove Cam away. I hope he can get help and get better. And I still want to kick Ross down a mountain for not being man enough to be there for Neil. I hope Connie makes him completely miserable and Sophie refuses to go to Portugal and insists on staying with her grandparents in Scotland.

Sophie could try and ruin the wedding, i was thinking of nanny mcfee... :P 

Well what do you think will happen next?

My guess is Neil will be miserable but not quite as miserable as he was after New year. Kevin on the other hand will be in utter despair, with little Sophie on his case constantly about what an idiot her dad is. The ball is firmly in Kevin's corner and nothing short of him showing up on Neil's doorstep SINGLE will make Neil give him anything more than the time of day...

Ehum... just sayin'...

This chapter was really good! It will be interesting to hear KbR's story. What happened with the planned marriage? I think a nice day just hanging out together with Sophie acting as an icebreaker is just what the doctor ordered. The loooooove doctor...

• Like 1

Maybe we should let Neil get well first.

But if he's lost his edge as a trader, he might want to find another job outside banking. He could join Ross in the running of Excelsior - or Peter might find him something to do.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1