From The Heart by Codey

• Site Administrator

I have just received an email from a reader of one of my stories, who commented on a dedication I had made to my good friend Codey. Since I'm now in a teary mood, I thought I should re-share with everyone my favourite story of his:

From The Heart

The story is made even more poignant when you realise that Codey knew he was dying when he wrote it.

There are some old threads here about the Codey and the story that are now archived, but I thought I'd pass on the links for anyone who is interested:

From The Heart (original discussion thread)

Codey -- 1990 to 2007 (tribute thread)

Codey also has the unique distinction here at GA for having an anthology story that was submitted posthumously. The anthology theme? Ghosts... His partner had found a disk with the story on it just before the anthology was due. I was the anthology coordinator at the time and I begged him to allow it to be submitted.

I still miss him....

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Thank you for sharing this, Graeme.  I wasn't familiar with Codey's works, but will make sure to check them out.