Not that anyone needed reminding, but I was simply popping by to say: YAY! It's MetaBattles Eve! Seems though I've stumbled upon a totally different cause for excitement. By all means then, prompt 417....

"MetaBattles' Eve?" Do I get gifts? ;-)

The 'unprompted' prompt "Cure" is already online ... https://www.gayauthors.org/story/johnar/metaprompts. And "Hair" should get online Sunday, unless my editor continues to be UA.

JAR

• Like 1

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=UA

I'm guessing no. 6, but no. 3 would be funny if a bit too rude...

Puppilull gets extra browny points ... indeed UA is a USMC term for Unauthorized Absence.

And my editor gets browny points for doing his duty so diligently - though he doesn't share my 'hair control preferences' ;-)

JAR

http://www.pixhairstyles.com/hairstyles-high-and-tight/hairstyles-high-and-tight-302/

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 2

Well, chapter 1 of book 4 went online this morning. I'm disappointed though as I haven't received any death threats so far ...

Oh well, maybe I shouldn't have posted the "Cure" prompt, too sweet ;-)

And nobody has picked up on the Amazons, either ...

Mmmmmh.

Thanks for reading!

JAR

To kill, or not to kill...

Since the internet lags a bit from beyond the grave, we will have to let you live, so you can write and post the rest of the story. :lol:

However, if it is Sam jr and not Prime capturing Sam sr, I would be tempted to discuss bodily harm... :devil:

• Like 1

To kill, or not to kill...

Since the internet lags a bit from beyond the grave, we will have to let you live, so you can write and post the rest of the story. :lol:

However, if it is Sam jr and not Prime capturing Sam sr, I would be tempted to discuss bodily harm... :devil:

While I'm normally not a fan of the anti-authoritarian education approach, I might point out that from a managerial motivation point of view positive reinforcement tends to lead to better and more sustainable results than the threat and execution of punishment ...  :lmao:

... of course that creates the need to find out what kind of positive reinforcement would work with the subject ...

And yes, the upload speed from hell is excruciatingly slow ... :sleep: Not sure though about the download speed from heaven either.

JAR

Having Sam jr torture and kill his own father could maybe be seen as some form of poetic justice, but if CE is supposed to have anger issues (I mean, really?) then that's nothing compared to how screwed up Sam jr will be. You wouldn't do that to him.

I can give you the satisfaction of having me well and truly puzzled about your Amazon remark. What ever are you up to now?

Having Sam jr torture and kill his own father could maybe be seen as some form of poetic justice, but if CE is supposed to have anger issues (I mean, really?) then that's nothing compared to how screwed up Sam jr will be. You wouldn't do that to him.

I can give you the satisfaction of having me well and truly puzzled about your Amazon remark. What ever are you up to now?

I promise you Sam (Jr.) will not deal with his 'father''s treason.

Amazon ... mmmh, I guess for that you'll have to wait until book 8 (as it looks like). It will be my big reveal - and when I'll do this I will be well hidden.

JAR

I promise you Sam (Jr.) will not deal with his 'father''s treason.

Amazon ... mmmh, I guess for that you'll have to wait until book 8 (as it looks like). It will be my big reveal - and when I'll do this I will be well hidden.

JAR

I must say, the Amazon reference doesn't tingle my curiosity in a bit, however, the fact tha you put 'scare quotes' on the word 'father' does.

Another thing that tingles my curiosity is the 4 stronger packs that surrond Colt's new pack lands... Are you perchance a fan of Asimov, at least in his Foundation series?

:evilgrin: (damn, what's the evil grin emoticon ?)

• Like 1

I must say, the Amazon reference doesn't tingle my curiosity in a bit, however, the fact tha you put 'scare quotes' on the word 'father' does.

Another thing that tingles my curiosity is the 4 stronger packs that surrond Colt's new pack lands... Are you perchance a fan of Asimov, at least in his Foundation series?

:evilgrin: (damn, what's the evil grin emoticon ?)

Damn, you and puppilull ;-) I have to be more careful in the future! What the " 's " shall be revealed later.

No, I haven't read Foundation. Any particular reason you made that association?

JAR 

EDIT: Read the synopsis. There is a mention of 4 hostile planets. While I don't like spoilers, I can tell you those four packs are not really going to play a major role or threat ... now the vampire army, that's a totally different ballgame.

JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

He he... We are always on the look out for clues. Not that it helps all that much...

I thought you meant "father" as in "That traitor scum isn't worthy to be called Sam's father". But then, what background check did they really do?

• Like 1

He he... We are always on the look out for clues. Not that it helps all that much...

I thought you meant "father" as in "That traitor scum isn't worthy to be called Sam's father". But then, what background check did they really do?

Ambiguity is such a lovely thing, isn't it, Mrs. Lawyer?

It will all be revealed, eventually. When I am in safe quarters in a country, the name of which nobody can pronounce.

JAR

Edited by JohnAR

I'm really more of a double entendre kind of girl. But I'll work with ambiguity.

You are building this up sky high. Soon, nothing short of a total annihilation of the entire pack will be expected.

I'm really more of a double entendre kind of girl. But I'll work with ambiguity.

You are building this up sky high. Soon, nothing short of a total annihilation of the entire pack will be expected.

Define 'annihilation.'

Just teasing ... or not.

And we have 4.5 books to go.

JAR

Mmm...

There goes my plan to blackmail you into speeding up the posting of new chapters :(

I'll just have to find my cat o'nine tails and find this unpronouncible country (grumble, grumble).

Mmm...

There goes my plan to blackmail you into speeding up the posting of new chapters :(

I'll just have to find my cat o'nine tails and find this unpronouncible country (grumble, grumble).

I shall say that only ... twice:

(quoting myself:)

While I'm normally not a fan of the anti-authoritarian education approach, I might point out that from a managerial motivation point of view positive reinforcement tends to lead to better and more sustainable results than the threat and execution of punishment ...   :lmao:

... of course that creates the need to find out what kind of positive reinforcement would work with the subject ...

JAR

I shall say that only ... twice:

(quoting myself:)

While I'm normally not a fan of the anti-authoritarian education approach, I might point out that from a managerial motivation point of view positive reinforcement tends to lead to better and more sustainable results than the threat and execution of punishment ...   :lmao:

JAR

Do I read that you might be succeptible to some form of positive reinforcement?

What might persuade our benevolent author to cooperate (that was boot licking) ?

Oh, I know, chocolate cookies, a hole box of girl scout chocolate cookies!

Umm, may not, how about BOY scout chocolate cookies? Better, no?

Or, better yet,

A whole box of MARINE chocolate cookies !!!

I just need to know what unpronouncible country you are hidding to deliver it! And no, not to hunt armed with a whip !! :whistle:

• Like 3

A whole box of MARINE chocolate cookies !!

We all know what John would like to sink his teeth into...

It's Friday! Soon to be Saturday, which means updates! A play list seemed in order to set the mood!

• Like 1

Do I read that you might be succeptible to some form of positive reinforcement?

What might persuade our benevolent author to cooperate (that was boot licking) ?

Oh, I know, chocolate cookies, a hole box of girl scout chocolate cookies!

Umm, may not, how about BOY scout chocolate cookies? Better, no?

Or, better yet,

A whole box of MARINE chocolate cookies !!!

I just need to know what unpronouncible country you are hidding to deliver it! And no, not to hunt armed with a whip !! :whistle:

I was getting worried when I read chocolate cookies delivered by girls ... I mean I have been giving my tiny stone-heart, none-existent black soul and all my twisted dark creativity to create Meta and then people try to bribe me with cookies delivered by girls (of whatever gender)? Really, ladies?

So unless I am getting steaks and services delivered by those guys ...

http://www.usmcofficer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/marine-ocs-platoon-run.jpg

... the positive reinforcement is going to be barely reinforcing ...

JAR

We all know what John would like to sink his teeth into...

It's Friday! Soon to be Saturday, which means updates! A play list seemed in order to set the mood!

Not into odaxelagnia, despite trichophilia/phobia; so I guess something else needs to 'sink in.'

Very bling-bling, puppilull. Still waiting for your wolf pictures, though (Tim doesn't like mine for Rob ;-().

JAR

• Like 1