Now you're obliged to share your theory - PkC has one as well.

I have none... So please let me live vicariously through yours!

Oh but that takes the fun out of everything for the rest of you! Well, think this way - we have a bunch of mystery orders, and then we have four individuals who don't fit in with the rest of the group. We have two that were part of the programming but fell out early. We have one that didn't even board the ship (or did he?). We have a single person who volunteered for the mission but we have yet to be given a reason... And then there is the mindfuck that MaryAnne is Colt's mother. Very interesting hate complex there - why would Colt want to eradicate loyalty to Earth's leader in their programming? As far as all the boys go, Fink and Brian are the two that stand out the most, obviously. Fink seems to have been the one that in one way or another Colt has longed for the most - but he's been unavailable in so many different ways. Is it just because he wasn't on the ship or do we have another, real-world reason? Killed in action, eh? Brian is, as always, the wildcard in my book. Will he be a saving grace, a demon or just support one way or another? We have to remember his temptation, his choices in one of Colt's alternate realities... All the boys will have choices to make, and Prime especially so. Of course, there is also the question of what is it that Colt isn't telling the reader yet. Those omissions have been your keys in the past, so why would now be any different? Then again, if this is the true reality then everything can be different. Or can it? ;)

That's as far as I go publically. Y'all can ruminate on your own. :P

Edited by Lux Apollo
  • Like 3

I find it so difficult to form any theories as the story is now. It can all change and shift. Without any firm points, I'm fumbling around blind. 

It did strike me as odd to have Emma reemerge as a vampire queen if we'll stay in space from now on. Then again, it can just be a distraction. Also, for them to go on a hopeless suicide mission and sacrifice themselves seems far too romantic an end if this is to be the crushing end to make us all desolate. So the asylum ending seems most fitting. Even if that would be so very depressing. The wolves never existing... Then again, they don't exist as it is. So what's the difference? Just expectation from years and years of cultural indoctrination. 

• Like 4

I find it so difficult to form any theories as the story is now. It can all change and shift. Without any firm points, I'm fumbling around blind. 

It did strike me as odd to have Emma reemerge as a vampire queen if we'll stay in space from now on. Then again, it can just be a distraction. Also, for them to go on a hopeless suicide mission and sacrifice themselves seems far too romantic an end if this is to be the crushing end to make us all desolate. So the asylum ending seems most fitting. Even if that would be so very depressing. The wolves never existing... Then again, they don't exist as it is. So what's the difference? Just expectation from years and years of cultural indoctrination. 

Is Emma just another of his hallucinations left from his hatred of women? The scorned woman he screwed over, the one his mother wanted him to marry? The one that one of his men was supposed to marry? And then there is Malin. The roles of women in this series has been fascinating, yet disturbing in the way they have been so antagonistic in all senses. As far as the asylum goes, remember there was an injection there in order to end his life and return him to his men. And we had Colt being pumped full of drugs and escaping his past in the current nano-verse as well... Hmm... ;)

Edited by Lux Apollo
  • Like 2

Finally, we're getting to the meat. ;-)

- In what reality did Colt's mother want him to marry Emma?

- when in the Asylum reality (nice name btw) was Colt being pumped full of drugs?

No Spoilers Allowed! 

That's the sign I'm putting up over the one Brother Bear used to keep his sister out of the fort!

Also, I am mildly sad that Wolf 365 is in Leo and not Lupus, but that would have been all too convenient a coincidence, lol. It took me a while to find the scientific coordinates and translate it into the constellation space I know. :P

• Like 1

Also, I am mildly sad that Wolf 365 is in Leo and not Lupus, but that would have been all too convenient a coincidence, lol. It took me a while to find the scientific coordinates and translate it into the constellation space I know. :P

Do you really think 'Leo's' name is a coincidence?

• Like 2

Do you really think 'Leo's' name is a coincidence?

Well, of course it isn't. Not with you, ha ha ha. The real question is how you've decided to make it fit. Or are you going to scramble now? :P

Somehow I doubt that.

Edited by Lux Apollo

I'm going to make a series of posts thinking over a number of different things involving the World of Meta and what things are and could be.

So first I need to go though and list what the possible realities are

Realities

• Wolf/Fate Verse
    • The boys are wolf shifters
    • Colt is the son of Fate and is the new Fate
  • Sane/Asylum Verse
    • Colt is the son of MaryAnn and Sam Montgomery
    • Colt is insane with bouts of clarity
  • Nano/Trek Verse
    • The boys are Space Marines
    • All the boys but Brian were people who debuffed Colt's previous self.
    • Brian was the lone volunteer for the trip and is the Pilot
    • Fink was supposed to be on the ship but didn't show up
    • Colt is the son of the president and a loathsome predetor
    • Humanity is near extinct/infected by a tech virus alient society dubbed Nanos
    • Colt and the boys are on a ship that had there bodies in Stasis but their Minds in a simulation to make them a team
    • President MaryAnn Montgomery and Doctor Haliburt are Colt's parents.
  • Wedding Verse
    • None of the boys are wolves they are normal humans that cross paths in differnt ways.
    • Colt was a lover of Fink but was dumped for Fink to marry MaryAnn
  • Vamp Verse
    • Colt is a 'queen'
    • Vamps rule the world turning man against shifters.

• Like 5

You have stated many times that many names had 'meanings' behind them.  But if Leo's name is connected to this then that will tie into something else I'm laying out right now.

Well, Prime, Brian, Burt Alexander, Sam, Gavin and Chris names are not coincidences.

Leo, Al, Bradley, Isaac and Warren's are random.

I didn't know Wolf 635 was in Leo ;-). (I hope everyone appreciated the smooth integration of '635' ;-))

• Like 1

Well, Prime, Brian, Burt Alexander, Sam, Gavin and Chris names are not coincidences.

Leo, Al, Bradley, Isaac and Warren's are random.

I didn't know Wolf 635 was in Leo ;-). (I hope everyone appreciated the smooth integration of '635' ;-))

Well, if the wolf is in Leo we know which reality is the real one! ;)

• Like 2

I'm going to make a series of posts thinking over a number of different things involving the World of Meta and what things are and could be.

So first I need to go though and list what the possible realities are

Realities

• Wedding Verse
    • None of the boys are wolves they are normal humans that cross paths in differnt ways.
    • Colt was a lover of Fink but was dumped for Fink to marry MaryAnn

I'm not sure Chris saw Colt ever as a 'lover' in that verse ... more like a living dildo.

• Like 1

I'm not going to go into the psychology of possibilities like the fact that MaryAnn is Colt/Parker's mother in one verse, enemy in another, ex-lovers new wife in another.

What is the likely hood of each of the realities as being the 'real world'

• Wolf/Fate Verse
    • This while a Supernatural enclined reality has a lot of grounding features
    • The vast majority of the series narrative has revolved around this reality
    • Most other realities are reasoned away here as a combination of Tests of Fate, Future Flashes and Role of Fate. There is one that doesn't quite fit well so far and that is the Wedding Verse as in that the year is 2024 yet in the Wolf Verse it is decades later.
    • It would be nice for this to be the 'real world' and with the majority of the narrative revolving around it I 'want' it to be it. However knowing our Author it probably isn't.
  • Sane/Asylum Verse
    • This reality has only ever been seen about once. Although I'm not throwing out that we have seen it without realizing we have seen it before.
    • Here there is a person presumably Colt/Parker/Whoever and they have dillusions of Wolves, Shifters, Dragons, Vampires, Robots,etc. All supernaturals/scifi elements are dilussions.
    • When 'lucid' he wants to go home insisting there is a car to take him there and it isn't LA or Texas. We however have not at least knowingly witnessed these 'lucid' moments.
    • There is however also a chance that this reality is a piece of the past for another possible reality if you read certain facts in certain ways.  The patient is the son of Sam and MaryAnn Montgomery but what if this some period of time for say the Nano Verse.
      • We know in Nano that Colt is the son of President MaryAnn Montgomery and Nobel Winner Doctor Haliburt. It is not stated that they are married so it is possible they are not married to one another and that MaryAnn is married to a Sam giving Colt to and extent two fathers.
      • Colt or Parker as it would be if Nano would need to have become lucid and no longer have bouts of dillusion and then living his life.
    • This knowing our Twisting Author has a degree of likely hood as being 'real' but I greatly dislike this idea as it labels homosexuality as a disease that needs to be treated and removed.
  • Nano/Trek Verse
    • This reality has the benefit of being able to say that all the other possible realities were part of a simulation meant to test the 11/12 people that were placed in the Statis Chambers and trained in a preprogrammed sim environment to prepare them for their most likely one way mission.
    • Wolf 365 is in the constilation of (Ophiuchus - oops this is Wolf 635 not 365). 365 is a series of numbers that have appeared in the 'simulation' many times as have the 99 days they would have after waking up.
    • Leo and Al are explained as having their stasis chambers malfunction and thus woke up early causing the 'sim' to kill them in the narrative of the Battle. They then reconnected briefly explaining their communication briefly with Colt.
    • The boys all have the memories of both Nano and Wolf verses but Colt doesn't due to as it is explained the planned overdose to wipe his past life from himself turning him from Parker to Colt.
    • This reality was teased at least twice within the course of the story/simulation/dream/dilussion. One is in Prompt Troi and the other during the post MaryAnn's demise sequence. There is also the part mention of robots during the Sane prompt which is still an unknown quantity.
    • There is a pretty good chance that this is 'reality' as it has the explination for everything in the entire series but we only have a single main chapter left plus the epilogue to cover the scinerio of the Nano mission that fact leaves me thinking this is a red herring.
  • Wedding Verse
    • This is one of the most 'real' of the realities encountered as there are no Scifi/Supernatural elements within it. There are no Shifters, Vampires, Space Travel or Aliens.
    • Colt remembers the Wolf reality as well as this Wedding reality but many people in the Wedding reality aren't or are highly unlikely for Colt to encounter yet have counterparts in the Wolf reality. Colt chalks up the Wolf reality to hangover, dreams and fantacy that could make a good book.
    • Sykes, Thunder never knew Colt yet have experinces in this reality. Brian has his pining for Prime all seen outside of the Wedding narrative.
    • This one doesn't feel very likely to be real though to me due to the names and characters present that Colt couldn't have met.
  • Vamp Verse
    • This is seen as a series of disconnected moments of time where Colt experiences those moments as he would have if he had lived them.
    • There is an entity showing Colt different moments of this Vampire Verse existence while he is barely able to recall anything of any other reality that he could know.
    • This doesn't feel real due the nature of the timeline and how it has been presented.
Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 5

What could an ending be in each reality if they are the real world?

• Wolf/Fate Verse
    • Colt and the boys are their Army of Strength for 3k years before they have to start having new kids for the next generation of Fate. Pregnant wolves while it may be possible due to shift changes I see them instead using gene splicing and artificial wombs for this.
    • Emma would be either dealt with or she is a constant thorn in their side
  • Nano/Trek Verse
    • They never reach the Nano Planet
      • They die in space
      • They fix the stasis pods and its sim for them to live out their life as long as possible and die in the sim.
    • They reach the Nano Planet
      • They destroy the Nanos
        • They die destroying the Nanos
        • They are stuck on the Nano Planet
          • The planet is not capable of supporting human life and they fix the stasis pods and its sim for them to live out their life as long as possible and die in the sim.
          • The planet is capable of supporting human life and they live the rest of their days there
        • They have the resources to go back to Earth
          • They go back to earth either staying awake for 5 years if they have the resources or going back into Stasis and Sim world for the trip. Upon returning to Earth they get to decide to stay with Colt or leave him
      • They are killed by the Nanos
      • They befriend the Nanos
          • The planet is not capable of supporting human life and they fix the stasis pods and its sim for them to live out their life as long as possible and die in the sim.
          • The planet is capable of supporting human life and they live the rest of their days there
          • They go back to earth either staying awake for 5 years if they have the resources or going back into Stasis and Sim world for the trip. Upon returning to Earth they get to decide to stay with Colt or leave him
      • They become Nanos
          • The planet is not capable of supporting nano/human life and they fix the stasis pods and its sim for them to live out their life as long as possible and die in the sim.
          • The planet is capable of supporting nano/human life and they live the rest of their days there
  • Sane/Asylum Verse
    • Colt is insane forever it was all a dilussion
    • Colt is 'cured' and released
  • Wedding Verse
    • Colt becomes the Author of MetaWolf
  • Vamp Verse
    • Don't know what the ending could be here other than vamps rule everything.
Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 4

• Nano/Trek Verse
    •  
    • Wolf 365 is in the constilation of Ophiuchus. 635 is a series of numbers that have appeared in the 'simulation' many times as have the 99 days they would have after waking up.
    •  

Okay, you are really confusing me since I looked this up in the Sinbad/CDS Portal interface here: http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/?target=wolf%20365

If you look in the Aladin image browser on the right side, and zoom out, it is quite clearly under the belly of Leo, well north of the border with Hydra etc. Where did you find data saying it was in Ophiuchus? Just curious. Wolf 635 is in Ophiuchus, though - smack in the middle of the guy's body. The Snake-bearer. Interesting. Now who among them is the one selling snake oil? ;)

Otherwise, great summary of everything and mostly what I've been thinking of as well. :)

Edited by Lux Apollo
  • Like 1

Okay, you are really confusing me since I looked this up in the Sinbad/CDS Portal interface here: http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/?target=wolf%20365

If you look in the Aladin image browser on the right side, and zoom out, it is quite clearly under the belly of Leo, well north of the border with Hydra etc. Where did you find data saying it was in Ophiuchus? Just curious. Wolf 635 is in Ophiuchus, though - smack in the middle of the guy's body. The Snake-bearer. Interesting. Now who among them is the one selling snake oil? ;)

Otherwise, great summary of everything and mostly what I've been thinking of as well. :)

I used Wikipedia for Wolf 635 oops transposed the numbers funny thing its 34.7 light years away which also matches the timeline.

Anyhow what I got from that was this. The only version I saw was in Italian so I had it translated. This is the website for it https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_635&prev=search  and here is the image it showed

260px-Ophiuchus_IAU.svg.png

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

I used Wikipedia for Wolf 635 oops transposed the numbers funny thing its 34.7 light years away which also matches the timeline.

Anyhow what I got from that was this. The only version I saw was in Italian so I had it translated. This is the website for it https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_635&prev=search  and here is the image it showed

260px-Ophiuchus_IAU.svg.png

All of the stars in the Wolf catalog are near-earth stars, which makes them prime targets for interstellar exploration. Planets have been discovered around a number of them, and there is at least one that has an ostensibly rocky planet within the star's habitable zone - the goldilocks area where Earth-style life likes to grow. Neither Wolf 365 nor 635 have discovered planets to my knowledge, though. Not yet, anyway. :)

SPOILERS FOR FATE CHAPTER 19

So here are a number of observations and thoughts on the Nano/Trek Verse if we were to consider that as 'reality'. This isn't every idea I have on the subject just a number of them I have written up to this point lol.

There are 12 stasis chambers meant for all the '10 wolves', Colt and Fink.

Everyone that was in the 11 stasis capsules has their full set of memories of both the Nano and the Wolf timelines other than Colt who got messages that filled him on some events.

President MaryAnn Montgomery is Colt's mother which is really interesting given she has been his Mother, his Enemy, his Nemesis, his Competition and even his Ally in the different realities experienced over the course of the sim.

Having Colt's father Doctor Haliburt and his sister Emma dead raises interesting questions of their roles within the sim as well.

Fink was supposed to lead them but for some reason wasn't on the ship. Upon learning that Colt's original self selected them all out of revenge/spite then I would think that Fink figured it out and decided not to go in on it as he more than disliked Colt's original self Parker. As the sim had originaly been setup for Fink to exist within it and be one of those with Colt it had that part hard coded into it but it had to adapt to remove it due to him not being on the ship and thus not really in the sim.

Brian Utah is the pilot of the ship and the only volunteer of the 11 soldiers/marines/pilot. Why did he volunteer? He wasn't known to Colt's original self Parker at all. Did he do it out of Duty. Could he have had a more than significant crush on one of the other parties that are on this mission? Could it be he actually liked Parker or maybe Prime? Could the 'you will be true to him' aspect of Kassandra's words have been meant for more than the simulation?

Leo and Al had their stasis chambers malfunction which is what caused them to be removed from the sim and thus died within the sim.

The home planet of the Nanos is in Wolf 365 which is 35 light years away and will take 5 relativistic years for the ship to traverse. Upon waking up they also have 99 days until they reach the planet, which is also another number that kept appearing.

So the simulation covered 5 years of time yet they all have over 30 years of memories of their lives. Al and Leo woke up 5 months earlier than the others so that means roughly 4.5 years were experienced by Al and Leo before they died in the sim. The sim then covered another 30 years were covered in the next 5 months of sim time. So the sim does have the ability to compress time. There is also the fact that the ages of the 11 people in the sims are all different so if while in the sim you are all experiencing things then it could be assumed that all their characters had to be alive during the time period they were conscious within the sim. If this is the case the earlies the sim itself could be is around 96/97 as that is when Bradley was born, while Prime was born in 85. So somewhewhere between 1996 and 2011 is the 'start point' and April 2015 is the end date where Al and Leo wake up. Since the sim is able to compress time it could have registered that Al and Leo's chambers were malfunctioning and about to wake them up and thus incorporated their deaths speeding up the sim during the battle so it ended for them as they died. This would also mean though that the entire rest of the world and their memories had to be provided by the sim itself so it really could have started anywhere within that time period to then allow them to work together and become a 'team'.

A question though becomes why were Bradley and Gavin not included in the IC sooner in the sim? Gavin at least knew Al and Leo but Bradley wasn't around until two years after they fell within the sim. So Al didn't get included in the first 4.5 years of the sim as working with the others.

There is also the question of how will Colt talk to the boys knowing now what he and Leo both do about the motives of Colt's old self Parker? They will know its not Colt's fault as he has no recollection. Has Al figured it out already also?

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 4

My 9yo just told me this morning 'The bad thing about dreams is you don't know it's a dream. Then you wake up and you're disappointed. Unless it's a nightmare...'

Has she been reading Meta...?

(To any concerned, the answer is no. LOL)

• Like 2

My 9yo just told me this morning 'The bad thing about dreams is you don't know it's a dream. Then you wake up and you're disappointed. Unless it's a nightmare...'

Has she been reading Meta...?

(To any concerned, the answer is no. LOL)

Maybe somebody needs to edit a children version of Meta with all of PkC's plushies.

Thinking about it. Maybe that also attracts certain toddlers.

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 2

This song came to mind this morning. I don't know what took it so long to surface. It's one of my favourite songs from my absolute favourite musical.

The struggle of a child needing something no one will give him. Note the difference in Murray's voice between dining about age nine and age twelve. The hope crushed, only self preservation left. And then at the end, he's on top of his game and still he searches... Nothing really able to fill that void.

Maybe it's dawning on me how much I'll miss Colt.

And if anyone wonders: it is entirely possible to bike to work while crying and not get run over. Thank god I live in quiet Stockholm...

End emotional messy rant...

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 3