1 hour ago, Puppilull said:

Sweet salvation! 

2 minutes ago, Lux Apollo said:

*dances in his computer chair* :D

And now the pressure is on lol. Good thing I saved copies of these chapters.

Pupp you might want to see Tim about new keyboard protector I think you probably ruined the last one by now. :whistle:

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 3

Ok so those of you who are all NEW to Meta and haven't been able to read beyond Shadowlands what do you think of the series. Where do you think, where do you hope and where do you expect it will go?

Those of us who already know where it goes lets not spoil things but look at these thoughts based only on the first books. If we really need to mention something from after shadow lands use SPOILER tags

Spoiler

So we can hide the information on what goes on in books 4 to 8. Rember it is the [ ] with spoiler at the start and then [ ] with /spoiler at the end to start and end the spoiler section. Or you can use the EYE icon to create a spoiler section

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, PkCrichton said:

Ok so those of you who are all NEW to Meta and haven't been able to read beyond Shadowlands what do you think of the series. Where do you think, where do you hope and where do you expect it will go?

Those of us who already know where it goes lets not spoil things but look at these thoughts based only on the first books. If we really need to mention something from after shadow lands use SPOILER tags

Reveal hidden contents

So we can hide the information on what goes on in books 4 to 8. Rember it is the [ ] with spoiler at the start and then [ ] with /spoiler at the end to start and end the spoiler section. Or you can use the EYE icon to create a spoiler section

So this means I have to stay quiet? *sulks in corner* 

Just kidding. I'm sure I can find a way to participate without spoiling things.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, PkCrichton said:

Reveal hidden contents

So when will we get some fanfic? Didn't you want to take Colt's cherry?

• Like 1

New reader here,

Was stuck at the end of shadowland for a few days, and could read the first 7 chapters of meta death (thanks to the "bug"). Love it so far.

I'm a big CE fan (though I'm so sad he lost his chest fur..... into bear... can't help it).

I love the uniqueness of the plot and the way the wolves are described, and even if Colt is not a very sympathetic character, I can't help fearing for him.

I have 3 hypotheses for the plot development so far : 

1) Colt is highly delusional (shutter island style)

2) He is comatose since his 13th birthday and "resists" becoming a vampire through his coma dreams

3) Everything is true but, to become the white wolf, he'll have to betray the wolves and become a vampire (to bring peace, you have to understand both sides of the conflict)

In any cases, I have bad feelings about the end of the story....

(forgive the language, I'm not a native speaker)

I definitely want to read the following chapter, and hopte they'll be available soon here or through amazon.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, JohnAR said:

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, cochmar said:

New reader here,

Was stuck at the end of shadowland for a few days, and could read the first 7 chapters of meta death (thanks to the "bug"). Love it so far.

I'm a big CE fan (though I'm so sad he lost his chest fur..... into bear... can't help it).

I love the uniqueness of the plot and the way the wolves are described, and even if Colt is not a very sympathetic character, I can't help fearing for him.

2) He is comatose since his 13th birthday and "resists" becoming a vampire through his coma dreams

3) Everything is true but, to become the white wolf, he'll have to betray the wolves and become a vampire (to bring peace, you have to understand both sides of the conflict)

I definitely want to read the following chapter, and hopte they'll be available soon here or through amazon.

Thanks

I love it.

CE wouldn't like to be referred to as bear, though, LoL.

@puppilull: See comment on Colt. QED

i hope as welll the books can be published soon.

JAR

So the bug helped you to read MetaBattles and some of MetaDeaths?

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

I had read battles juste before you removed it. Went through the 7 first chapter of meta death just after the bug (didn't think of a bug at that time, was happy you had put it back on !). When I tried to open chapter 8 and couldn't, I cursed several times.... very loudly.

Any ETA on the publishing? It s so frustrating not to know....

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, cochmar said:

New reader here,

Thanks

18 minutes ago, cochmar said:

I had read battles juste before you removed it. Went through the 7 first chapter of meta death just after the bug (didn't think of a bug at that time, was happy you had put it back on !). When I tried to open chapter 8 and couldn't, I cursed several times.... very loudly.

Any ETA on the publishing? It s so frustrating not to know....

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I have to say I have always loved each of the wolves to varied degrees but CE has always been one of my favorites both with and without his human fur. He is quite literally a Teddy Bear and he knows it!

Colt really isn't the 'perfectly' sympathetic main character that we are so used to with many authors. There are times you want to sit and strangle him, others you want to be him and still others where you just can't understand what he has done. This has made him a lot more real to me than a lot of main characters as he is flawed, damaged and just plain imperfect yet at the same time has a strength to him that is evident from the most early chapters.

I like your hypotheses about where things could go and have to say that between them you have a scent on where things will go.

So you read Battles before it was unpublished then the first 7 of Deaths. To get the rest you could always try and catch JAR a Devil Dog, Squid, Grunt or Flyboy. He especially loves an MP. As for the official publishing of the books we know JAR has done some reviewing of them to find errors, he is working to have Cover Art created and finalized. I would imagine there would be a couple people doing some complete rereads to spot anything that stands out as inconsistanct. Lets face it Meta is fricking HUGE over 1M words to it. Even with my own timelineing there are still things that slip through as things expanded more and more.

• Like 3

Well, hello! Welcome! Very nice to join the party with such a great collection of theories. 

7 hours ago, JohnAR said:

@puppilull: See comment on Colt. QED

Being likeable and being loveavble aren't the same. I've never claimed Colt to be Mr Feelgood, but he's taken hold of my heart nonetheless. I do believe fearing for a charcter indicates a certain amount of caring. So, there! :P

7 hours ago, PkCrichton said:

I have to say I have always loved each of the wolves to varied degrees but CE has always been one of my favorites both with and without his human fur. He is quite literally a Teddy Bear and he knows it!

Colt really isn't the 'perfectly' sympathetic main character that we are so used to with many authors. There are times you want to sit and strangle him, others you want to be him and still others where you just can't understand what he has done. This has made him a lot more real to me than a lot of main characters as he is flawed, damaged and just plain imperfect yet at the same time has a strength to him that is evident from the most early chapters.

I agree with you on Colt. 

But CE, as terrific as he is, has got nothing on Isaac... Sigh...

• Like 2
7 hours ago, PkCrichton said:

I like your hypotheses about where things could go and have to say that between them you have a scent on where things will go.

Ok,, does this mean my final theory has to be about a delusional comatose betraying Colt? (trying to get a few clues to make the long wait bearable.....)

Speaking of Colt, the Metaverse saw fit to play me this sing while biking to work today. A bit of a stretch to imagine Colt rapping. Could be Isaac though.

(For all of you who just tuned in, I'm compiling a Meta musical...)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Speaking of Colt, the Metaverse saw fit to play me this sing while biking to work today. A bit of a stretch to imagine Colt rapping. Could be Isaac though.

(For all of you who just tuned in, I'm compiling a Meta musical...)

We're still waiting for the the final and complete list of songs per book chapter ... (147 entries).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Puppilull said:

You counted them? Awww... Would be a fun project, though.

That's what's needed:

1 Entry Song

+ 1 song for every chapter: (17 chapters + 1 epilogue) * 8 + 3 extra chapters in book 8

- 1 song for chapter 4 of book 5 that I have already chosen: Hymn of the Axciom: 

= 147

• Like 2
13 hours ago, cochmar said:

Ok,, does this mean my final theory has to be about a delusional comatose betraying Colt? (trying to get a few clues to make the long wait bearable.....)

Nope not at all but I will say that the rest of the story has Loss, Betrayal, Misunderstandings, Heart Break, Hope, Twisting Mind Bending Mind Fucks, Elation, Heart Wrenching Moments of Joy and Pain.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, PkCrichton said:

Nope not at all but I will say that the rest of the story has Loss, Betrayal, Misunderstandings, Heart Break, Hope, Twisting Mind Bending Mind Fucks, Elation, Heart Wrenching Moments of Joy and Pain.

You missed the anal but ultimately futile FOB-like desire to create an invincible den as ersatz-Arcadia.

• Like 1
Just now, cochmar said:

CE is often referred as "sweet toothed". In French, we say "sweet maw", which is very fitting for such a big bad wolf ))

Sweet maw... I really like that! Very CE.

What would that be in French? Gueule douce? Or sucrée? 

25 minutes ago, JohnAR said:

So how do I post prompts set in book 8 without spoiling things for the MetaNewComers?

I hate to break it to you but I have the same issue with my FanFics. The one I'm figuring out now is set DEEP in MW8. There are even issues with earlier fanfics of mine as there are ones set during books that are currently unpublished.

And unlike the old MW8 prompts back when were were still only on MW4 all these aren't vague and trying to trip us up.

• Like 1