Hi JohnAR 

Still cant get the story out of my head and just came to the conclusion your not just a great writer but also great at marketing. 

letting us readers fall in love with the characters in the first 3 books and then leave us tethering on a cliff edge of suspense 

until we buy the 4th (and subsequent) books.

I applaud your cunning marketing strategy.

Regards

Timothy 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, mrbossmant said:

Hi JohnAR 

Still cant get the story out of my head and just came to the conclusion your not just a great writer but also great at marketing. 

letting us readers fall in love with the characters in the first 3 books and then leave us tethering on a cliff edge of suspense 

until we buy the 4th (and subsequent) books.

I applaud your cunning marketing strategy.

Regards

Timothy 

Marketing genius he may be, but he did publish every single line of those books here over a period of three years, so it's not really accurate to call it cunning. Not in the sense as a trap at least. 

But I understand your desire for more. Believe me, I do.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Puppilull said:

Marketing genius he may be, but he did publish every single line of those books here over a period of three years, so it's not really accurate to call it cunning. Not in the sense as a trap at least. 

@Puppilull,

Don't destroy my attempts building my "evil author" equity ...

J

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Ahh but there in lies the genius he published it all and got the original readers to proof read it just to remove them again so he could publish them as a real book 

then leave a little bit on the site to entice new readers and then force them to buy the next book in the series to find out if Prime survives 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, mrbossmant said:

What you doing here shouldn't you be writing another chapter of The Cardmaker and the Caretaker? :P

:*) yes, I should. As well as another Clueless Camping chapter. But at least I have a prompt chapter ready, and my Anthology contribution should be done soon.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, JohnAR said:

Whoever can allocate each of the eight wolves (as per Fate) to each of the covers gets a free steamy prompt ... LOL

The first five are easy:

1 Brian

2 Prime

3 Isaac

4 Leo

5 CE

I'll have to think about the rest. Did Al have blue or purple eyes?

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Hmm, no Leo or Al. In that case I'll revise my list.

Spoiler

1 Brian

2 Prime

3 Isaac

4 CE

5 Sam

6 Warren

7 Gavin

8 Bradley

Not sure about no 4 and 5, they might be the other way.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
On 3/21/2017 at 2:23 PM, PkCrichton said:

When it comes to Meta there are two quotes that come to mind.

“Every story has a happy ending. If it is not happy, then it is not over yet.”

"If you want a happy ending, it just depends on where you close the book!"

Each of these quotes so hits the nail right on the Meta head. It all depends on how far you read, how you read into things. I may speak to the events at the end of the Meta Wolf series if people want me to and I'll even hide the talk in spoiler tags so those who haven't had the opportunity to read it all to the end before it was unpublished for official publishing won't get spoiled.

Something else for you new Meta readers you probably never saw the notes on it but with JAR's permision I actually have done some FanFic stories that go along and even tend to get canonized. At the top of each chapter I state where in the books the different FanFics fit in. But for simplicity sake chapters 1, 5 and 6 all take place during MW Book 1. 

In general, I'm going to have to agree with you.  In this particular instance, it was interesting to see the author post something that wrapped up most of the major story lines and gave everyone an ending to the foundation story, while leaving the option open to continue with more turns.  Personally, the story for me ended with 8.9 because that's where I wanted to be at the end of it all (though I did glance through some of the chapters afterwards).  I originally started reading this great story based on the characterizations built early on, so it was nice to be able to see them play out.

I was fortunate to be able to read everything after the glitch (sorry JAR, couldn't resist but it was a great weekend of reading).  Much of it was to provide the details of spoilers I had already accepted because I have no self-control (aka reading some of the fan fic posts even though I was stuck after book 3).  I enjoyed the plot thoroughly and am glad that the story led me to this site, though I do wish that there were more completed wolf/shifter fics to delve into (what can I say, I love the genre).  I still enjoy going back to the first meta books and reading certain parts though, especially in the early stages.  Isaac and Sam, even if not the core focus, were two characters that I enjoyed the most (not to say the others weren't awesome, but I really liked those 2).  Overall, the Meta has been a great ride and I look forward to anything else JAR might decide to write once the publishing gets finished up.  Marine Wolves are a pretty awesome concept hehe.

• Like 2
On 3/25/2017 at 11:34 AM, JohnAR said:

Finally, found a "hack."

MetaDeprivation is ONLINE.

And in case you haven't seen. Here's the lead route for the Meta ebook covers:

Meta Set 3.jpg

On 3/27/2017 at 0:43 PM, JohnAR said:

And here's the Meta Logo - maybe the JAR-padlock needs to get updated:

large.MetaBookLogo.png.8659ec13a07c28d5d899040b8875a5eb.png

1 minute ago, Gavin25 said:

Wait, the covers are out??? I need to see them!!!!!!

Never mind I answered my own question. And I love the covers AHHHHHHH

• Like 4

After an eventful week, I'm in the mood of writing a prompt.

I think though we had this week's first line ("You’ve got to tell me everything!") some time before, so let's try a different approach: So here's a one time offer (especially for our new MetAddicts):

Who would you like to tell whom about what in the MetaUniverse?

(And I will delay the 'CE-tied up and edged' scene to another weekend.)

JAR

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JohnAR said:

After an eventful week, I'm in the mood of writing a prompt.

I think though we had this week's first line ("You’ve got to tell me everything!") some time before, so let's try a different approach: So here's a one time offer (especially for our new MetAddicts):

Who would you like to tell whom about what in the MetaUniverse?

(And I will delay the 'CE-tied up and edged' scene to another weekend.)

JAR

Evil tease! LOL 

I have been thinking about a conversation between Leo and Isaac, motor mouth and Iceberg. Maybe set earlier on, with a certain someone hearing a few truths of his own. Can't really figure out an exact topic. But it's a prompt, right? ;) 

• Like 2
Just now, Puppilull said:

Evil tease! LOL 

I have been thinking about a conversation between Leo and Isaac, motor mouth and Iceberg. Maybe set earlier on, with a certain someone hearing a few truths of his own. Can't really figure out an exact topic. But it's a prompt, right? ;) 

Well, we know those two got into an argument in MW4; which led Colt to have a pack-cohesion threesome, to which they turned up in MMA shorts and silkies ... so somehow that prompt has already been done ...  having said this ...

• Like 2