Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@northie your Friday's? LMAO

January 1 I think is a Wednesday and those belong to Cia and Mann for their Wednesday Briefs. You and I can share Friday's :P

January 1 is a Tuesday, so you’re safe to post that day, imo. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Watching the University of Miami football game vs. Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia. I think I just saw CJ, Owen, and Chipper in the stands. Maybe I shouldn't have partied so much during the pregaming... Nah, no such thing as too much. :2thumbs:

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

December 1 and only 31 days left in 2018. What will the New Year bring us? And more importantly, what's next for CJ and Owen? When we last heard about them, they were in San Francisco at the tail end of their honeymoon. Anyone interested in finding out what happened next? :P

• Haha 3
51 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

December 1 and only 31 days left in 2018. What will the New Year bring us? And more importantly, what's next for CJ and Owen? When we last heard about them, they were in San Francisco at the tail end of their honeymoon. Anyone interested in finding out what happened next? :P

Maaaybe 🤔 Think they'll do anything interesting?

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Maaaybe 🤔 Think they'll do anything interesting?

Oh, I don't know... they may take a trip or two and try to check off a few things on their bucket lists. Maybe I'll post a little excerpt before the year's over.

I will confirm the first chapter features Harley and Ritchie prominently...

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Oh, I don't know... they may take a trip or two and try to check off a few things on their bucket lists. Maybe I'll post a little excerpt before the year's over.

I will confirm the first chapter features Harley and Ritchie prominently...

Well, okay since the ginger mechanic and the little bro are gonna be part of it.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

As I've mentioned a couple of times, Georgetown: Goodnight My Angel, the tenth installment in the CJ Series will begin posting on January 1, 2019. The book covers the two years between CJ's wedding and his graduation from Georgetown University. I approach the publishing date with fear-tinged anticipation more than I have previous installments. I've worked hard on the writing and my support team has helped turn my scribbles into something I hope you'll enjoy. Four weeks from today I'll find out if you do. In the meantime, for anyone interested in a sneak peek at coming attractions, here's a scene from the first chapter. 

Hide contents

A month after the wedding and their honeymoon trip to California, CJ and Owen were once again in an airplane. They did not travel alone.

Strong fuselage vibrations accompanied the landing gear’s noisy deployment as the plane approached Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport. Lightning flashed outside the aircraft and lit the cabin’s interior making a startled Owen peel his face away from the window. The raging storm had been with them for the past thirty minutes or so, and did not show signs of abating.

The tires made contact with the runway’s surface for a moment before the Boeing 737 lurched, and began rising again. “Bloody hell!” Owen’s curse was not loud enough to hear above the rattling, except by those next to him.

“Relax.” Ritchie patted his brother-in-law’s thigh in a comforting way. “The pilot’s pulling up and going around for another attempt. I thought he was coming in a little fast and in this weather

“Listen to you!” CJ leaned across the aisle and gave his brother a punch in the arm. “You’re not even licensed yet and you’re critiquing the pilot’s performance?”

Sitting next to him, Harley chuckled. “Bruh, I can’t fricking wait ’til he’s a pilot. He can fly us all over in his own plane.” Although CJ’s affection for the group of friends his brother nicknamed The Squad was equal, his fondness for Harley Oshkosh Wilkinson was a tad more pronounced. The dark haired man was the first fellow student he met at School Without Walls High School.

“Don’t hold your breath, bud. The dads discussed buying or leasing a plane before. I don’t think they’re interested. Some of that’s prolly because Papa Brett’s parents died in a small plane crash.” CJ recalled the conversation they had about airplanes the first time he flew to Miami with his fathers. He had come a long way from the brash boy who challenged his mother after she stood by when her husband threw him out of their home. The best thing ever to happen to him as far as he was concerned. Even if he could not see it at the time.

Looking forward to reading more about Cj, Owen, friends and family on the 1st January 2019.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

As I've mentioned a couple of times, Georgetown: Goodnight My Angel, the tenth installment in the CJ Series will begin posting on January 1, 2019. The book covers the two years between CJ's wedding and his graduation from Georgetown University. I approach the publishing date with fear-tinged anticipation more than I have previous installments. I've worked hard on the writing and my support team has helped turn my scribbles into something I hope you'll enjoy. Four weeks from today I'll find out if you do. In the meantime, for anyone interested in a sneak peek at coming attractions, here's a scene from the first chapter. 

Reveal hidden contents

A month after the wedding and their honeymoon trip to California, CJ and Owen were once again in an airplane. They did not travel alone.

Strong fuselage vibrations accompanied the landing gear’s noisy deployment as the plane approached Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport. Lightning flashed outside the aircraft and lit the cabin’s interior making a startled Owen peel his face away from the window. The raging storm had been with them for the past thirty minutes or so, and did not show signs of abating.

The tires made contact with the runway’s surface for a moment before the Boeing 737 lurched, and began rising again. “Bloody hell!” Owen’s curse was not loud enough to hear above the rattling, except by those next to him.

“Relax.” Ritchie patted his brother-in-law’s thigh in a comforting way. “The pilot’s pulling up and going around for another attempt. I thought he was coming in a little fast and in this weather

“Listen to you!” CJ leaned across the aisle and gave his brother a punch in the arm. “You’re not even licensed yet and you’re critiquing the pilot’s performance?”

Sitting next to him, Harley chuckled. “Bruh, I can’t fricking wait ’til he’s a pilot. He can fly us all over in his own plane.” Although CJ’s affection for the group of friends his brother nicknamed The Squad was equal, his fondness for Harley Oshkosh Wilkinson was a tad more pronounced. The dark haired man was the first fellow student he met at School Without Walls High School.

“Don’t hold your breath, bud. The dads discussed buying or leasing a plane before. I don’t think they’re interested. Some of that’s prolly because Papa Brett’s parents died in a small plane crash.” CJ recalled the conversation they had about airplanes the first time he flew to Miami with his fathers. He had come a long way from the brash boy who challenged his mother after she stood by when her husband threw him out of their home. The best thing ever to happen to him as far as he was concerned. Even if he could not see it at the time.

I flew into General Mitchell this past May.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Looking forward to reading more about Cj, Owen, friends and family on the 1st January 2019.

3 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You may even get a new character or two. 

Also, “Spoiler Alert”.....this is the book where I finally break Sean.. 🤯😎

• Haha 4
9 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Also, “Spoiler Alert”.....this is the book where I finally break Sean.. 🤯😎

Ma'am, please put the glass down and step away from the bottle. Your hallucinations will stop soon...

• Haha 4
13 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Any good? I've never been there. All my visits to Milwaukee have been on a motorcycle.

10 hours ago, dughlas said:

Not bad. A bit spread out but convenient to get to and from.

MKE is famously the airport that brought us the phrase "Recombobulation Area" in signage after the security checkpoint...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Every week, I marvel at how much story @Cia and @Mann Ramblings cram into a thousand words for the Wednesday Morning Briefs. It makes me jealous. It makes me want to say as much with as few words as possible. So I've been considering following the 1k word chapter limit for the next CJ installment. Alas, it's now at about 115,000 words so that would mean over two years posting before CJ gets to graduate from college. It would be close to the actual May 2020 Georgetown commencement exercises. :P

What do y'all think?

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

What do y'all think?

Um no, just no...I may know the story as your beta reader, but waiting for the final product that long? I can feel the withdrawal symptoms setting in as we speak... 😣

• Like 1