Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Nah... too often we get caught up in the past and miss the present. And sometimes we get caught up in the present and forget there's a future waiting. Amidst the hoopla, there's a certain melancholy around the holidays that invites reflection. Your readership would be welcome but even if it doesn't materialize, I'll still love you. Hope 2019 is a great one, buddy.

i love you too.. but i'll read.. i read everything else except one.  thanks C... hope the same for you too xoxo

• Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

reflection. Your readership would be welcome but even if it doesn't materialize, I'll still love you. Hope 2019 is a great one, buddy.

Saw this and my mind read it as leadership, and I wondered just what  are you looking for @Mikiesboy to lead? :unsure: 

Then, I read it again lol

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Saw this and my mind read it as leadership, and I wondered just what just what are you looking for @Mikiesboy to lead? :unsure: 

Then, I read it again lol

me? lead?  lol.. no

• Haha 4

Yeah! One of my characters, Representative Joseph Kennedy III from Massachusetts, received one (1) vote in the election for Speaker of the House of Representatives. A couple of hundred votes shy of the winner. LOL

On a purely sexist point of personal preference, somebody please tell Speaker Pelosi to dial back the Botox...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

On a purely sexist point of personal preference, somebody please tell Speaker Pelosi to dial back the Botox...

...But only if the the big hair guy in the WH gets a decent haircut and dials back the orange make-up.

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

Carlos, without looking it up, it dawned on me that the Lexington Candy Shop is located at Lexington and E 83rd Street and the apartment is at Lexington and E 76th Street (thinking off the top of my head here). If that's true, I never realized that when I sent you the news article about this place.

I actually figured this out a while back, just finally getting around to telling you about my :o moment. 

Pretty cool that it's so close, huh? 

• Haha 1

Third time trying to reply, 1810. Stupid GA keeps deleting my comments when I hit enter.

You're correct, Pastrami Queen, Pick-A-Bagel, And Lexington Candy Shop conveniently line up on Lex north of the apartment. I figured they'd become favorites more due to location than quality although they're all pretty good. Those damn milkshakes at the Candy Shop...

One comment and @Defiance19 can correct me if I'm wrong. A New Yorker would never say Lexington and E XX St. More like XX and Lex. Lexington Avenue is on NYC's east side, no corresponding Lexington on the West Side and locals always abbreviate to Lex. I sounded like such a tourist when I first started visiting the City. LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Third time trying to reply, 1810. Stupid GA keeps deleting my comments when I hit enter.

You're correct, Pastrami Queen, Pick-A-Bagel, And Lexington Candy Shop conveniently line up on Lex north of the apartment. I figured they'd become favorites more due to location than quality although they're all pretty good. Those damn milkshakes at the Candy Shop...

One comment and @Defiance19 can correct me if I'm wrong. A New Yorker would never say Lexington and E XX St. More like XX and Lex. Lexington Avenue is on NYC's east side, no corresponding Lexington on the West Side and locals always abbreviate to Lex. I sounded like such a tourist when I first started visiting the City. LOL

Truth... some way we can tell foreigners by the way they say Houston St....It’s Howston..🙃

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Truth... some way we can tell foreigners by the way they say Houston St....It’s Howston..🙃

It was funny over Christmas telling my brother who recently moved to Brooklyn where to go. Since his wife is still in Miami, he has time to explore. When I showed him pictures of the Path station at Ground Zero, he added it to his list of places to visit. I think CJ and Owen have spent more time in NYC than I ever di, but I can fake my way around and not sound like a tourist most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
23 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

One comment and @Defiance19 can correct me if I'm wrong. A New Yorker would never say Lexington and E XX St. More like XX and Lex. Lexington Avenue is on NYC's east side, no corresponding Lexington on the West Side and locals always abbreviate to Lex. I sounded like such a tourist when I first started visiting

I’ll go along with that. I was being factual after looking at the map of the area. 

• Like 1

First, the stock market tanked the way Cesar predicted. Now, a racist-pig Congressman quotes CJ and claims to be an American nationalist instead of a bigot.

I'm kinda scared of what else in the story will come true. :P

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

First, the stock market tanked the way Cesar predicted. Now, a racist-pig Congressman quotes CJ and claims to be an American nationalist instead of a bigot.

I'm kinda scared of what else in the story will come true. :P

Maybe you should just write only happy, sappy, cheery romance.

• Haha 3
33 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Maybe you should just write only happy, sappy, cheery romance.

Bite your tongue!

I started reading a story with a good premise this past weekend. College-aged jocks falling for each other and coming out. After the tenth "I love you so much... you complete me" bullshit line, I dropped it. Sitting here wondering if the scene where CJ buys out Myr and the other owners and takes over GA will come true. :P

• Wow 3