Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

9 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Bite your tongue!

I started reading a story with a good premise this past weekend. College-aged jocks falling for each other and coming out. After the tenth "I love you so much... you complete me" bullshit line, I dropped it. Sitting here wondering if the scene where CJ buys out Myr and the other owners and takes over GA will come true. :P

Wait until he discovers that ancient biker from Florida has been playing voyeur to his life.

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Real life interference:

1. Dwayne Wade, Miami HEAT star, shares a birthday with Michelle Obama. He got a handwritten b'day note from the President which he shared on social media. A couple of readers thought I was stretching reality when I had Barack send CJ and his fellow graduates a note at the end of Walls. Ha! I knew I was right assuming the man was thoughtful.

2. CJ predicted troubled times ahead for Venezuela back in 2014. That boy has a future in international relations.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Y'all might find this interesting. The steps abutt Cesar and Brett's house.

D.C. designates Georgetown ‘Exorcist’ steps and adjacent car barn building as historic landmark

https://dc.curbed.com/2019/1/29/18202732/dc-historic-landmarks-exorcist-steps-georgetown-preservation

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Art imitates life, or life imitates art.

Anyone remember CJ doing something similar to what this kid did?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/02/17/florida-sixth-grader-charged-with-misdemeanor-after-refusing-recite-pledge-allegiance/?utm_term=.af7237d38269

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Art imitates life, or life imitates art.

Anyone remember CJ doing something similar to what this kid did?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/02/17/florida-sixth-grader-charged-with-misdemeanor-after-refusing-recite-pledge-allegiance/?utm_term=.af7237d38269

Yep! :D 

Edit: WaPo wants a dollar to allow me the privilege of reading their article - no, will do - so I’m going to look for it elsewhere. <_<

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sixth-grader-arrested-florida-after-refusal-participate-pledge-allegianceled-n972671

Just read the article and a few lines in told me why the little punk got arrested. I know you say something similar,, but I don’t recall CJ being disrespectful to that degree.   Just saying...

I’ve got some reviewing to do...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4

@Reader1810

The Post wanting money may be because of your location. I think in the US they allow a small number of monthly reads.

CJ's done it twice. Once at Walls where Brett came to the rescue; once at a football game where he manhandled  the young guy (remember how you disliked the violent reaction?)

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

The Post wanting money may be because of your location.

It and the NYT allow me 5 or 6 reads in total. That's it - paid access only after that. I get their newsletters and read those without clicking any of the links. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

@Reader1810

The Post wanting money may be because of your location. I think in the US they allow a small number of monthly reads.

Wanting a dollar is is something new, because I used to be able access their storie for free. I think they went to getting a certain number for free, but most news sites are doing that now, I could be mixing the up - oh well, no more WaPo for me. 

CJ's done it twice. Once at Walls where Brett came to the rescue; once at a football game where he manhandled  the young guy (remember how you disliked the violent reaction?)

I do, indeed. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

A few readers have been clamoring for a baby, so I'm delivering tomorrow. Well, I'm not delivering a baby, but one will be in the chapter.

Start guessing sex and name now!

Almost missed that, didn’t you? :P 

• Haha 2

in case anyone's lost track, that's now three couples from the Elite calling it quits. I think that's about par with how real life works. Now to start with the Squad.

Mann chided me because the next marriage proposal does not end with the askee turning the asker down :P

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 3
On 2/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

A few readers have been clamoring for a baby, so I'm delivering tomorrow. Well, I'm not delivering a baby, but one will be in the chapter.

Start guessing sex and name now!

It's a boy!!!!!

Fabricio Cesar Baravento (poor kid, what was his dad thinking?)

• Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

It's a boy!!!!!

Fabricio Cesar Baravento (poor kid, what was his dad thinking?)

Hey now, Carlos. Thiago’s name choice came from the heart. Don’t go knocking his obeisance to his brother and CJ. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Hey now, Carlos. Thiago’s name choice came from the heart. Don’t go knocking his obeisance to his brother and CJ. ;)

Stay away from that word thread!

I'm sure when he's older he'll appreciate the name. Not so sure about how much he'll like it as a tween. But bullies better watch out, he'll be joining Daddy Thiago and Uncle CJ at the dojo soon enough.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Stay away from that word thread!

I didn’t even think about that (more like, oh yay, I found a dollar word :D ), but now that you mention it... :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

A little advance notice.

This discussion thread will close permanently at the end of June. I think the contents will continue to be visible, but new posts will not be possible.

The ability to discuss stories in chapter comments has diminished the value of these threads, and I'd rather not turn it into another chat room.

• Like 3