Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, dughlas said:

So will CJ, Owen, et al, be paying a visit to "Vessel", the structure in the Hudson Yard neighborhood in NYC. It looks like something he'd want do.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Don't know about them, but it was already on my bucket list. After watching the news last night, it moved near the top.

Road trip? If we bring wine, @Defiance19 will probably climb it with us.

I had to google this because I had no idea what you were talking about.... :huh: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vessel_(structure)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hudson Yards is the largest development ever in NY. Maybe the country's? I have my eye on an apartment in one of two buildings there. One of them designed by the late, great Zaha Hadid. I just don't know what story and what character yet.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Hudson Yards is the largest development ever in NY. Maybe the country's? I have my eye on an apartment in one of two buildings there. One of them designed by the late, great Zaha Hadid. I just don't know what story and what character yet.

You and me both.. I actually looked and my finances to see how much of a hit I would take and now I’m depressed. It’s not like I didn’t know this going in.. 🤯

I love the area though. 

22 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Don't know about them, but it was already on my bucket list. After watching the news last night, it moved near the top.

Road trip? If we bring wine, @Defiance19 will probably climb it with us.

You know I’m in! 

There are a few who object to this structure and don’t like it. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

You and me both.. I actually looked and my finances to see how much of a hit I would take and now I’m depressed. It’s not like I didn’t know this going in.. 🤯

I love the area though. 

LOL I did look at prices for a couple of listings in the Hadid building: around 5 million. I can't afford it, but I can create a character who can. LOL I have a short list of NYC buildings I want to use in stories: The TWA Hotel @ JFK, the Chrysler Building if it does become a hotel, The Dakota (I could see Chipper buying there since he grew up on the West Side), The new Nomad building announced by the Rockefeller Group looks gorgeous in the drawings. Streamline Art Deco. And there's a smaller one around Hudson Yards about to ope which is also Art Deco inspired. I watch a clip of how they made the green terracotta blocks for the facade.

9 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

There are a few who object to this structure and don’t like it.

That always happens and the critics will eventually be silenced. Happened to the Guggenheim and it's been going on with the Occulus. Of course I had to post a pic on IG from when I visited and I've noticed anyone I follow and visits NYC does too.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

LOL I did look at prices for a couple of listings in the Hadid building: around 5 million. I can't afford it, but I can create a character who can.  

I am a teacher, let’s not forget, so it’s a nice fantasy.. I will enjoy it through your characters.. 

Id much rather live in the deep woods for 5 Million $ 😌

Edited by Defiance19
  • Love 4

I saw the piece on the Vessel on the Nightly News last night and it looked amazing.  However, I don't think my knees are up to 2000 steps to get to the top...although the views from even half-way up looked amazing.  It was described as a vertical public park and it is free and open to the public despite its hefty price tag.  

vessel-1.jpg

• Love 4

Pretty sure I have a couple of pictures I took last year before it was finished. I'll look for them and share them. I love how vertical parks are a thing in a vertical city. The High Line is right next to The Vessel.

• Like 4

Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please.

The final chapter of Georgetown: Goodnight, My Angel is in the can. The entire book is now loaded into GA. For the next three months, I'll publish one-a-week and twiddle my thumbs the rest of the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

It does feel strange. I never imagined it would go for this long or that the books would be so popular on GA over the past few years.

I posted the first four books on Nifty and yesterday I had an e-mail from a guy in Aldinga Beach, South Australia. He discovered CJ recently and binge read what I posted on the other site between 'family obligations and uni.' That type of reaction has been the greatest. I explained there were a few more books, gave him the link to the series on GA, and invited him to join us. I hope he does and I get to hear from him again.

I set out to write a light-hearted, positive tale and ended up with a saga that at times kept tissue companies in business. I hope I elicited laughter and joy along the way. CJ, Ozzie, the Squad, and the Elite will be a part of my life forever. Hopefully, a few readers will feel the same when it's over.

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, northie said:

Does it feel strange that there's no more to write? It would to me, I think.

I know you were asking Carlos this question, author to author, so to speak, but as the beta reader for the CJ books (I came on board with book 5, Travels) I can say it definitely feels strange to come to the end of this long, but wonderful journey. 

I may or may not have dragged my feet sending my final beta note to Carlos...:whistle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

It does feel strange. I never imagined it would go for this long or that the books would be so popular on GA over the past few years.

I posted the first four books on Nifty and yesterday I had an e-mail from a guy in Aldinga Beach, South Australia. He discovered CJ recently and binge read what I posted on the other site between 'family obligations and uni.' That type of reaction has been the greatest. I explained there were a few more books, gave him the link to the series on GA, and invited him to join us. I hope he does and I get to hear from him again.

I set out to write a light-hearted, positive tale and ended up with a saga that at times kept tissue companies in business. I hope I elicited laughter and joy along the way. CJ, Ozzie, the Squad, and the Elite will be a part of my life forever. Hopefully, a few readers will feel the same when it's over.

Over?!? What is this "over" you speak of? Why CJ hasn't even been elected to the Senate yet.

• Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Over?!? What is this "over" you speak of? Why CJ hasn't even been elected to the Senate yet.

:heart: this! 

As for CJ being elected to the Senate, what crystal ball have you been looking at, Dugh? 🤔

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@dughlas

Yo do know DC's not a state, right? Washington doesn't get to elect senators.

I do know. However, there's nothing to prevent him from moving to the condo in NYC and claiming residence in NY. Seems to me another DC resident did something similiar.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@dughlas

Yo do know DC's not a state, right? Washington doesn't get to elect senators.

I did not know that - about the Senator part, not the not being a State thing. Oh heck, who am I fooling? I’ve never given this a lick of thought... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

:heart: this! 

As for CJ being elected to the Senate, what crystal ball have you been looking at, Dugh? 🤔

Hey I can fantasize with the best of 'em ...

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I do know. However, there's nothing to prevent him from moving to the condo in NYC and claiming residence in NY. Seems to me another DC resident did something similiar.

A Kennedy did it first. Then Clinton. You think CJ and Ozzie would make good New Yorkers?

Wait! Don't answer that until you read tomorrow's chapter. Fortuitous timing.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Someone who shall remain nameless, said this to me today ... You done good, Mr. Hazday.

Well they said Mr Landon...but you know what i mean.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4