Don't know about them, but it was already on my bucket list. After watching the news last night, it moved near the top.

Road trip? If we bring wine, @Defiance19 will probably climb it with us.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dughlas said:

So will CJ, Owen, et al, be paying a visit to "Vessel", the structure in the Hudson Yard neighborhood in NYC. It looks like something he'd want do.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Don't know about them, but it was already on my bucket list. After watching the news last night, it moved near the top.

I had to google this because I had no idea what you were talking about.... :huh: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vessel_(structure)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hudson Yards is the largest development ever in NY. Maybe the country's? I have my eye on an apartment in one of two buildings there. One of them designed by the late, great Zaha Hadid. I just don't know what story and what character yet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Hudson Yards is the largest development ever in NY. Maybe the country's? I have my eye on an apartment in one of two buildings there. One of them designed by the late, great Zaha Hadid. I just don't know what story and what character yet.

You and me both.. I actually looked and my finances to see how much of a hit I would take and now I’m depressed. It’s not like I didn’t know this going in.. 🤯

I love the area though. 

22 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You know I’m in! 

There are a few who object to this structure and don’t like it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

You and me both.. I actually looked and my finances to see how much of a hit I would take and now I’m depressed. It’s not like I didn’t know this going in.. 🤯

I love the area though. 

LOL I did look at prices for a couple of listings in the Hadid building: around 5 million. I can't afford it, but I can create a character who can. LOL I have a short list of NYC buildings I want to use in stories: The TWA Hotel @ JFK, the Chrysler Building if it does become a hotel, The Dakota (I could see Chipper buying there since he grew up on the West Side), The new Nomad building announced by the Rockefeller Group looks gorgeous in the drawings. Streamline Art Deco. And there's a smaller one around Hudson Yards about to ope which is also Art Deco inspired. I watch a clip of how they made the green terracotta blocks for the facade.

9 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

There are a few who object to this structure and don’t like it.

That always happens and the critics will eventually be silenced. Happened to the Guggenheim and it's been going on with the Occulus. Of course I had to post a pic on IG from when I visited and I've noticed anyone I follow and visits NYC does too.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

LOL I did look at prices for a couple of listings in the Hadid building: around 5 million. I can't afford it, but I can create a character who can.  

I am a teacher, let’s not forget, so it’s a nice fantasy.. I will enjoy it through your characters.. 

Id much rather live in the deep woods for 5 Million $ 😌

Edited by Defiance19
  • Love 4

These are the times it sucks not to be CJ, or Cesar, or Brett, or Ozzie, or... you get the idea.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I saw the piece on the Vessel on the Nightly News last night and it looked amazing.  However, I don't think my knees are up to 2000 steps to get to the top...although the views from even half-way up looked amazing.  It was described as a vertical public park and it is free and open to the public despite its hefty price tag.  

vessel-1.jpg

• Love 4

Pretty sure I have a couple of pictures I took last year before it was finished. I'll look for them and share them. I love how vertical parks are a thing in a vertical city. The High Line is right next to The Vessel.

• Like 4

Further proof that having President Obama send a hand-written note to CJ wasn't so outrageous. His civility is sorely missed.

• Love 1