Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

35 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Only 10 minutes from U.S. Embassy, a short walk for CJ and Owen, to have Ernest's favorite drink in Cuba, a daiquiri with Havana Club Rum, Grapefruit juice and a maraschino cherry (no umbrella!).

Salud!

OMG! Where did you get that recipe? That's not a daiquiri. It might be tasty, but it's definitely not what's been served at El Floridita for almost 100 years.

White rum, lime (never, ever, ever, lemon) juice, and sugar. All three ingredients easily available in Cuba. No lemons because they weren't grown on the island.

The Floridita served it as a frozen concoction and that was what Papa drank. But there's a cocktail card from the late 1800's, signed by an American engineer, suggesting it had been around for decades before. I spent a good chunk of the morning reading about the cocktail and the place. It'll probably wind up as one or two lines. LOL

• Haha 1
  • Wow 3
18 minutes ago, dughlas said:

And maybe cruise around town in a vintage Chevy wagon.

That car in the picture made me think of Dragon. I bet if CJ can talk the Cuban and US government into letting him buy one, Dragon would leave Hawaii for a while to help Harley restore it.

By the way, the other part of the morning I spent with orangutans and flamingos at the National Zoo in DC. LOL

I played hooky yesterday, I have some serious color on my face and body, and have spent today with CJ, Owen, and Liebe.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

OMG! Where did you get that recipe? That's not a daiquiri. It might be tasty, but it's definitely not what's been served at El Floridita for almost 100 years.

As a former bartender (college years ago) it is not how I make daiquiri either, like yours! BUT It's actual recipe from their current drinks menu on their website.

https://www.barfloridita.com/drinks-and-food

Screenshots_2023-01-26-15-38-07.png.83f970deffbaa4a087a828d5428aaeb4.png

Edited by Anton_Cloche
Sp, correction, part of post missing.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Anton_Cloche said:

As a former bartender (college years ago) it is not how I make daiquiri either, BUT It's actual recipe from their current drinks menu on their website.

https://www.barfloridita.com/drinks-and-food

Shoot me now. I'm a traditionalist.

However, as with frozen margaritas, I've made strawberry and mango versions.

And while we use white sugar (or simple syrup) these days, the original called for brown sugar.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

A bit strange not to be posting a story chapter this Friday.

However, something new (non-CJ) is coming next week.

Meet the inspiration for Lt. Banner Hoyt, Inked's MC.

image.png.be3e2a33bf2f0f8b7dc0ec4014d94542.png

Does he have a fit older brother?

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, tabaqui said:

just as I expected from you, but don't you have dibs on every character you write about :P

Not all of them but I'll take Marc in this one, James in Capitol Hill, and Camilo in Luz de Castilla. ;)

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2