Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

While JJ might just take his ball and go home, that doesn't mean his family would do the same. We HAVE seen Brad, Will, Stef, and even JP react rather strongly when people have hurt their family, and all four of them are capable of, in Headstall's words, "going apeshit" on people. But I don't think they are the major worry for either Alex or ME.  I think Wade will be the real force to be reckoned with over this. For all intents he is currently JJ's guardian while they are all living in Boston, he has already set himself up on opposite sides of the fence with his mother, and I think after this one any truce with ME is going to be tossed out the window. I also think Nana is going to have some rather strong reactions to this entire thing. It affects not only her great grandbaby, but also her new boyfriend.

• Like 4

All I can say is 'serves Alex right', I hope ME makes his life Hell from now on.

As for JJ maybe this is the time for him to find something else than skating to interest him and fill his life. I'd love for him to casually say to the press that he's bisexual, that he and Alex had a threesome with ME, and she made sure she got pregnant, so she could gain control of her trusts and get a husband, preferably a noble one. That would be a lovely payback, and it would all be perfectly true. But I'm sure Mark (+ Brad, Will etc) can come up with something better.

• Like 5

LOL... yeah, the waiting is tough... I have a bad, bad feeling about the trip to Kenya/Africa...

Oh, there's no shortage of things to go horribly wrong in this book.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2

Are we talking about the same Mark here? When has he ever taken it easy on us. ;)   :P

Ah, never... the man's got a cruel streak a mile long :P ... but he did put Wade and Matt back together, so I never give up hope :unsure:

• Like 4

Let's play a guessing game:

What is Will going to do with the condo below Brad's?

My suggestion: set up a gym run by two hot dudes (who are in a relationship) and to get free membership you have to be good-looking gay couples. That should piss off Brad nicely. :lol:

• Like 1

I am thinking between the unit he has already arranged to purchase directly below him, and the attempt to attain the two on either side, some sort of time share or rental for people coming to visit family who do not actually have the room for guests to stay with them. The fact that Brad's place doesn't have a guest room really pissed Will off.

• Like 1

I think it is for himself and other family members to stay in. He is essentially building the place Brad should have built, comparable to what JP built in Chicago (or Evanston, if we're going to be pedantic about it). It'll piss Brad off initially because he essentially bought himself a "love nest" in the city and now the family will be able to descend on him whenever they want, but ultimately he'll see that it's a good thing which will achieve Will's long-term goal of bringing Brad back into the family.

I don't think it can be any sort of commercial enterprise because Will would have to get rid of it (the commercial part, anyway) once he was done pissing Brad off, and he would feel badly about giving anyone a job that he then had to take away. Also, I doubt he could get around the zoning laws someone mentioned earlier. Most condo buildings have restrictions on rentals (either not allowed or limited in number and need approval by the condo association).

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

This is my first entry in your forum, Mark, though I have written a few reviews for some previous chapters of the CAP saga.

In the last few months, I worked my way through 15 parts of the "Chronicles", reading and reading on weekends, in my vacation as well as during some traintravels (and sometimes even in the office). And even though this all was a bunch to read (you stated in your annotations to "9/11", that the sheer amount of words of only that one part touches Tolstoi's "War and Peace"), even though English is not my native language, and though your vocabulary is far more advanced as anything you learn in german schools: It was no work at all, I enjoyed it very much. You created very vivid characters, the countless threads and twists in their actions and relationships as well as your very good dialogues make your "Chronicles" a highly valuable part of my world I don't want to miss.

I'd like to thank yor for this masterful piece of entertainment (I don't know if you appreciate the word "art", but I could have used that word too). Kudos!

And now I'm in a very different situation: So far, there was text in abundance. If i decided to read till 11:00 pm, there was still a chapter more, and if I read till midnight, then as well there were chapters enough. And now I have to wait... wait for the next chapter, and I'm dying in suspense!

Thank you so much!

Carsten

PS: The ebook of "Streaks" left me perplexed, since it ends at JJ's Birthday with the sentence "I winked at Alex to tell him that he was the primary reason for my joy." An untypical end, you are not so placable elsewise. Checking the website, I learned, that there were still a few more twists to come, just as I expected and appreciate.

• Like 3

Brad already did something about the lack of space for guests. And if Will doesn't charge any money for use of the gym, it's not a commercial enterprise. It's simply two guys renting a condo and inviting friends over to work out with them. All Brad will see is a steady stream of fit, handsome guys, which should prod him into doing something about getting fat. :lol:

I agree Will might get one of the other condos set up as a place for family. How about giving it to JJ, who needs a place to stay / hide. He can then use the gym condo to get fit after his injury, particularly if one of the 'owners' is a licensed physiotherapist with sports injuries as a speciality. (to fluer med et smæk, as we say in Denmark)

But surely you can come up with something more fun / outrageous ? After all we want to do better than Mark on Will's idea for pissing Brad off ! (I know it's not possible, but try...)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Maybe it's as simple as an investment of three condos... one for Will, Darius, And JJ to use at will... if Mohammed won't come to the mountain... the mountain will come to Mohammed... and once he's made his point, he will gift them to Brad so he can save face by turning the four into a connected family compound? I don't think any of us are as devious as Mark is though. Maybe Mark will have Will donate them to starving musicians :P

• Like 1

Ok, fun and outrageous...how about a sanctuary for closeted sports stars? Invitation only, very exclusive, very secure.  Zach and JJ could be the first visitors. That said, I doubt it would be that much fun, and I can't see how it would piss Brad off. :rolleyes:

Really fancy "underground" bar/club? Definitely would piss Brad off especially on one of his "feeling old and fat" days. :P  :gikkle:

• Like 1

It cannot be anything related to Wil or the rest of the Family, at least not at once. He tells the lawyer:

“You want me to buy some real estate?”

“Yeah, so there’s no trail that I did it,” I said logically.

This secrecy would hardly be necessary, if Will meant for anyone from the Family to use the three condos. But I like the renovation idea, Dave. That might drive Brad and Marc away for a month or longer, if he lets them be done one after each other. If they go back to Escorial, Will will have more opportunities to piss Brad off.

• Like 3

It cannot be anything related to Wil or the rest of the Family, at least not at once. He tells the lawyer:

“You want me to buy some real estate?”

“Yeah, so there’s no trail that I did it,” I said logically.

This secrecy would hardly be necessary, if Will meant for anyone from the Family to use the three condos. But I like the renovation idea, Dave. That might drive Brad and Marc away for a month or longer, if he lets them be done one after each other. If they go back to Escorial, Will will have more opportunities to piss Brad off.

That's a good point too, Tim. Whatever he plans, it can't be traced to Will, at least for a period of time. You are so smart :P

• Like 2

That's a good point too, Tim. Whatever he plans, it can't be traced to Will, at least for a period of time. You are so smart :P

Thanks Gary, but no I'm not smart - well actually I am (false modesty is stupid), but in this case it's just good memory and the fact I noticed this detail for some reason.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..