Inspirational Quotes

I don't think this counts as a quote, but it is inspirational for me :)

It definitely counts. If it's inspiring or motivating, I say anything goes. :)

• Like 2

He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W Auden.

I wouldn't say that 'inspirational' is quite the right word here  but I find these words of loss so powerful I'm moved every time I think of them.

I have felt loss this deeply, and it has an interesting way of motivating me to do things in my life. Thank you for sharing. I loved it.

• Like 2

When I first found this I declared it mine and even bought the t-shirt.

You must still have chaos within you to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

(Friedrich Nietzsche)

And there is still this:

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.

(Immanuel Kant)

Edited by aditus
  • Like 4

"My Meemaw used to say somethin' to me that didn't make too much sense at the time but it did later. When I went out there with her after I had my...problem...she'd tell me, she'd say: 

'Jimmyboy, Chil'e, they's a time and they's a place for all things ta' come in they season. The mulberry tree only done puts up its mulberries once a year and only for a few weeks at the bestest. You come too early, they ain't none. You come too late and they all gone. So you gotta know when to look and when to pick em or ya miss em...so always look for the signs of mulberry time, Baby!'

She'd then go shuffle off and make toast with homemade mulberry jam for us with some iced tea, makin' the point hit home.

Its mulberry pickin' time, Snowmuffin'. Don't miss em'! They taste...mighty good!"

~~ Jimmy
  • Like 3

I'm apparently out of likes, but I've loved every single thing that's been shared so far, so I'll come back when I have more available and make sure to like everything I haven't already. :)

Here's something that isn't a quote, exactly, but it does inspire me. It helps me remember not to stereotype, and is funny at the same time. 

This one is an inspirational one to me, though it can be very tongue in cheek as well...

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go - Oscar Wilde

You can find it on my signature here on GA and taped to my monitor at home remind me to be humble

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This one is an inspirational one to me, though it can be very tongue in cheek as well...

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go - Oscar Wilde

You can find it on my signature here on GA and taped to my monitor at home remind me to be humble

That reminds me of this one, which used to hang in the wrestling room(which served as a dojo for me) at the high school where I studied Aikido.

"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.” 
― John Wooden
Edited by Cynus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

My favorites quotes, although I don't know the sources:

If there be any good that I may do, let me do it now, for I may not pass this way again. (Or any of the versions of this)

Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Do not walk in front of me, I may not follow. Rather, walk beside me and be my friend.

and last, but not least:

Where are they? Which way did they go? How many of them were there? I must find them! I AM THEIR LEADER.

• Like 5

A quote that has stayed with me for most of my life.

Nil sine magno labore   .... the literal translation is nothing without great effort(labor)   It was my high school motto, on our Coat of Arms... My school translated it as 'Nothing worthwhile is obtained without hard work' and that is how I see it in my head. It has kept me determined throughout my life, and it applies to me physically and emotionally. During my horse show career, when I rode literally 363 days a year (I have the calendars to prove it), I had it hanging in my barn, and it kept me going, day after day after day.... Whenever I want to quit something, and that includes relationships, I come back to this...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"If you one day make it back to the West, what will you tell men of this strange word, 'kung fu'? Will you tell them that it means to fight? Or will you say like a monk from Shaolin to summon the spirit of the crane and the tiger? Kung Fu. It means, 'supreme skill from hard work.' A great poet has reached kung fu. The painter, the calligrapher they can be said to have kung fu. Even the cook, the one who sweeps steps or a masterful servant can have kung fu. Practice. Preparation. Endless repetition. Until your mind is weary, and your bones ache. Until you're too tired to sweat, too wasted to breathe. That is the way, the only way one acquires kung fu." ~ Hundred Eyes, from "Marco Polo"

• Love 1

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

- Confucius

• Like 3