Inspirational Quotes

"The pessimist complains about the wind;

the optimist expects it to change;               

the realist adjusts the sails."                        

-Unknown                                                                                        

sandrewn

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

"A bore is someone who opens his mouth

and puts his feats in it."                                

- Henry Ford                                                                                   

sandrewn

• Haha 2

Two things define

you.                        

Your patience       

when you have     

nothing, and your

attitude when you

have everything. 

-Unknown                         

sandrewn

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sandrewn said:

Two things define

you.                        

Your patience       

when you have     

nothing, and your

attitude when you

have everything. 

-Unknown                         

sandrewn

I dunno... I feel like whomever said that has probably never had nothing.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I have to say that my attitude when I was homeless made a big difference. When I was staying at a Rescue Mission (in a town I’d never been in before), there were people there who continually complained about everything, nothing was ever good enough for them even though they weren’t paying for anything they were being given. They stomped around with frowns on their faces and complained about how rude everyone was and how horrible the city was.

I decided I didn’t want to be like them. I talked to people waiting at bus stops and on the bus. People were very helpful and friendly to me. I made sure to thank people for what I was given even if it wasn’t really what I would have wanted. My experience in the very same city was completely different.  ;–)

The woman who referred me to the Rescue Mission told me that she had moved into a part of town that was strange and intimidating to her. She explained that she decided to treat the experience as if it were a sociology experiment. She asked lots of questions and was curious about her new surroundings instead of being afraid.  ;–)

I took her advice and approached everything with curiosity and learned about the people around me and my surroundings. Patience had something to do with it because poor people have to wait in lots of lines for everything (and have to wait for free shipping). But how you deal with the frustrations of not having money has much more to do with attitude.  ;–)

29 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I have to say that my attitude when I was homeless made a big difference. When I was staying at a Rescue Mission (in a town I’d never been in before), there were people there who continually complained about everything, nothing was ever good enough for them even though they weren’t paying for anything they were being given. They stomped around with frowns on their faces and complained about how rude everyone was and how horrible the city was.

I decided I didn’t want to be like them. I talked to people waiting at bus stops and on the bus. People were very helpful and friendly to me. I made sure to thank people for what I was given even if it wasn’t really what I would have wanted. My experience in the very same city was completely different.  ;–)

The woman who referred me to the Rescue Mission told me that she had moved into a part of town that was strange and intimidating to her. She explained that she decided to treat the experience as if it were a sociology experiment. She asked lots of questions and was curious about her new surroundings instead of being afraid.  ;–)

I took her advice and approached everything with curiosity and learned about the people around me and my surroundings. Patience had something to do with it because poor people have to wait in lots of lines for everything (and have to wait for free shipping). But how you deal with the frustrations of not having money has much more to do with attitude.  ;–)

Oh, attitude definitely. Patience, however... That’s very easy for those who have never experienced poverty to say. But I’m gonna leave it at that before I go all social anarchist on you all and get political. :P 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

they have had both ... they had everything and lost it, and regained it.  while they had nothing they learned humility and patience and saw the world from a different place.  when they regained it, they didn't forget what having nothing felt like.  i know this because i have lived it.  and i try to remain humble, patient and grateful for what i have. i try to remember the lessons poverty, cold and being alone can teach. 

• Love 2
  • Wow 1

My favorite scene from the movie "Bridesmaids" (2011):

Annie: I can’t get off the couch, I got fired from my job, I got kicked out of my apartment, I can’t pay any of my bills, my car is a piece of shit, I don’t have any friends. Umm…

Megan: You know what I find interesting about that Annie, it’s interesting to me that you have no friends, you know why that’s interesting? Here’s a friend standing directly in front of you trying to talk to you and you choose to talk about the fact that you don’t have any friends. No, No I don’t think you want any help you just want to have a little pity party. I think Annie wants a little pity party. You’re an asshole Annie, you’re an asshole, I’m life, is life bothering you Annie? I’m life Annie, I’m life Annie, is life bothering you? Fight back for your life. You better learn to fight for your life. I’m life and I’m going to bite you in the ass. It’s not me, I’m your life. I’m trying to get you to fight for your shitty life. And you won’t do it, you just won’t do it. Stop slapping yourself, I’m your life Annie, I’m your shitty life. Smack.Nice hit.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"As you go through life you are going

to have many opportunities to  keep

your mouth shut. Take advantage of

all of them."                                            
- James Dent                                                                      

sandrewn:X

Edited by sandrewn
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, sandrewn said:

"As you go through life you are going

to have many opportunities to  keep

your mouth shut. Take advantage of

all of them."                                            
- James Dent                                                                      

sandrewn

Sorry, I can’t resist!  ;–)

Life always offers                    

you a second chance

it's called tomorrow

-Unknown                                                       

sandrewn

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Be decisive.          

Right or wrong,