Inspirational Quotes

It's BOGOF day, Buy One Get One Free, lol.                              

images-1.jpeg.8e77060d41aa0018d723b5c9ae31769d.jpeg                                                                   images-2.jpeg.f91b1daed4f488aeef13ffc111cdfb5c.jpeg

• Love 2

Quote I found in the article @Daddydavek shared in the Lounge last night. (The topic Earthrise at 50.)

“To see the Earth as it truly is, small and blue and beautiful in that eternal silence where it floats, is to see ourselves as riders on the Earth together, brothers on that bright loveliness in the eternal cold – brothers who know now they are truly brothers.”

—Archibald MacLeish, New York Times, Christmas Day 1968.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Interesting how the same quote can be attributed to different people, @droughtquake... Wonder who actually said it? :P 

The fireworks people, of course!

I didn’t even realize they both said the same thing until you pointed it out and I started wondering what you meant. I was looking for New Year’s quotes and had selected a bunch from a search that pulled up more about the end of the school year than the calendar year. I had two Oprah quotes, but decided to post the second one later today or tomorrow because it fits post-new year better than pre-new year. That put the differently-attributed quotes next to each other!  ;–)