This is a story forum for readers of my new story Kissing the Dragon (which I hope to build into a larger body of work going forward) to discuss themes and topics of the story. For those of you who may have found their way to this thread accidentally and not yet seen the story:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/lomax61/kissingthedragon

Although this story has a very strong romantic theme, the genre is mystery/thriller in the mold of good old whodunits. The protagonist is a history teacher at a reputable boys school, and the setting is largely suburban London. Once again this a story about a person's emotional growth, this time against a backdrop of mystery when a seemingly normal and uneventful existence is turned upside down over one weekend by a tragedy close to home.

So a message to all of you who enjoyed Uninvited Guest and those who decide to join the ride:

Keep Looking For Clues.

Brian

KTD1.jpg

Edited by lomax61
remove photo
  • Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Now if someone in forum management can get the latest chapters out of the corner they've been stuck in. I hate getting those error messages when trying to pull up chapters.

I don't think the chapters have been published as yet. The same thing happened with one of Carlos' Prompts so I PM' d him about it because I thought I was doing something wrong. He said he was only trying to reserve a spot as it wasn't finished and it published by mistake. I'd say this is likely what happened here. Too bad for us. I just finished Denny and would have been quite happy to read more....

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I don't think the chapters have been published as yet. The same thing happened with one of Carlos' Prompts so I PM' d him about it because I thought I was doing something wrong. He said he was only trying to reserve a spot as it wasn't finished and it published by mistake. I'd say this is likely what happened here. Too bad for us. I just finished Denny and would have been quite happy to read more....

On the other hand I've seen it happen when they try to publish them too.

• Like 1

My concern when this happens is that you don't get a nag when they do become available. It happened with CH's Summer and a few others.

I think you'll get a notification if you follow the story, but the chapter won't be shown in the recent stories list.

• Site Moderator

I think you'll get a notification if you follow the story, but the chapter won't be shown in the recent stories list.

Nope. The system doesn't send two notifications on the same chapter. That is what Carlos ran into with his posting snafu. They had to lock the main story description to the top manually.

• Site Moderator

Nope. The system doesn't send two notifications on the same chapter. That is what Carlos ran into with his posting snafu. They had to lock the main story description to the top manually.

I dont know if this would be any different - can't recall an instance where it did - but I also follow authors so that I get notified of new stories - that's how I discovered this one - so maybe the chapters get flagged this way as well since it would be an alert of author activity?

Edited by Reader1810

Now if someone in forum management can get the latest chapters out of the corner they've been stuck in. I hate getting those error messages when trying to pull up chapters.

My bad, Paladin. The chapters were ready to go, so I added them with the intention of making them available only after a few days had gone by. I seem to remember it's bad form to bombard the site with too many chapters at once. Will be adding one more soon.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

My bad, Paladin. The chapters were ready to go, so I added them with the intention of making them available only after a few days had gone by. I seem to remember it's bad form to bombard the site with too many chapters at once. Will be adding one more soon.

I'm not an author, just a reader. But from what I recall of the begging and pleading (us the readers) and the lamenting (your fellow authors) GA only allows one chapter to be posted in a day. Which is too bad when the story is really good. hint hint

As an aside, I'm still working on my Denny review. I have to organize my notes before I put pen to paper so to speak. :)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I'm not an author, just a reader. But from what I recall of the begging and pleading (us the readers) and the lamenting (your fellow authors) GA only allows one chapter to be posted in a day. Which is too bad when the story is really good. hint hint

As an aside, I'm still working on my Denny review. I have to organize my notes before I put pen to paper so to speak. :)

Actually I think that it's every eight hours.

I would try to organize my notes before writing a review, but since they're in my head and it's such a messy space, I'm not sure how that would work out.  BTW  Chapter 4 is up.  :)

• Site Moderator

Actually I think that it's every eight hours.

I would try to organize my notes before writing a review, but since they're in my head and it's such a messy space, I'm not sure how that would work out.  BTW  Chapter 4 is up.  :)

The one day thing I got from "listening" to the authors lament. Eight hours sounds better though.

As for "my notes", I actually do write notes (I feel like I'm back in school :lol: ) for some of the reviews I do, so I get my thoughts straight.

Thanks for the heads up re Ch 4.  That also answers our earlier question regarding Notifications. Even though I am following the author, I did not get notified when the chapter finally appeared. Oh well, just have to keep our eyes peeled for changes.

• Like 1

Another chapter(s) is now published. Hope you all managed to get a notification.

Already have some interesting interpretations on the motives and suspects. 

Brian

Edited by lomax61
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Another chapter(s) is now published. Hope you all managed to get a notification.

Brian

As I expected, no notification. Thanks for the heads up. The no notification problem is where you chance losing readers, but not us dedicated souls.  :)

Brian

From personal experience... you can ask an admin to delete all the chapters not yet published, re-post them, and set them to publish when you want them to show up. Notifications will then go out properly.

The GA system for publishing at a time other than the initial posting is great but tricky. I've screwed up more than once and ended up with a bruised butt from kicking myself.

Your story is now on my que for reading as soon as I finish editing the chapter of Autumn I'm working on!

Carlos

• Site Moderator

Brian

From personal experience... you can ask an admin to delete all the chapters not yet published, re-post them, and set them to publish when you want them to show up. Notifications will then go out properly.

The GA system for publishing at a time other than the initial posting is great but tricky. I've screwed up more than once and ended up with a bruised butt from kicking myself.

Your story is now on my que for reading as soon as I finish editing the chapter of Autumn I'm working on!

Carlos

As I expected, no notification. Thanks for the heads up. The no notification problem is where you chance losing readers, but not us dedicated souls.  :)

As usual, I have run out of likes so :heart:   :heart:  :heart:  to all of you.  

drp, you said what I was thinking, just more eloquently, so thank you.

As for you Brian and Carlos? Your stories are so good, I'd hunt them down if I have to! :lol:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

As usual, I have run out of likes so :heart:   :heart:   :heart:  to all of you.  

drp, you said what I was thinking, just more eloquently, so thank you.

As for you Brian and Carlos? Your stories are so good, I'd hunt them down if I have to! :lol:

LMAO!

Am I the only person who never runs out of likes?

Okay, so who are you paying off for that privilege hmmmm?

Being very picky perhaps? :)

I rarely run out of likes. I still think I like a lot of stuff in here.

Probably picky... I tend to use them mostly for stories. I like to show my appreciation for authors but lately my reading has come to a crawl. Writing and editing Autumn's taking a lot of time, much more than Summer did. Plus I've become more selective about what I read. New, unknown authors who start publishing serial stories have burned me one too many times by abandoning them, leaving me hanging and angry. If an author does that, I won't even look at their stuff again until they mark it as complete. And I may just forget about it in the process.

My writing is far from perfect, but I try hard to present a clean product. You guys should see the comments back and forth with editors and beta readers. And some things still slip through! So when I read something full of typos which could have been easily corrected by using spell check--or by the author reading it over before posting it--I'm quickly turned off and stop reading. This means if you find an error in something I post, I'd love for you to tell me!!! I won't bite your head off if you tell me I screwed up. I promise!

And if you post it in the discussion thread, I'll probably give you a LIKE! :D

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1