Brian: Did you consider writing a chapter with some kind of confrontation or closure with the Schwartzes, and THEN the epilogue? Because that brother-sister duo is great.

I think Kit and his sister are much too professional to try to revenge themselves on Colin. What purpose would it serve? In fact, they need him to be a material witness in the case against Morgan. And somehow I'd prefer they weren't caught. I guess I have a soft spot for Kit. :*)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I think Kit and his sister are much too professional to try to revenge themselves on Colin. What purpose would it serve? In fact, they need him to be a material witness in the case against Morgan. And somehow I'd prefer they weren't caught. I guess I have a soft spot for Kit. :*)

Sorry to say, but the elaborate business of killing all those innocents just to scare Morgan is far more personal than professional. The professional way would have been to simply kill Hand and Morgan. Torture them unmercifully first though.  lol

• Like 2

Sorry to say, but the elaborate business of killing all those innocents just to scare Morgan is far more personal than professional.

True, they did (do) have a personal grudge against Morgan who had their beloved uncle killed. But sure this does not apply to Colin? After all, he was the innocent victim being used. I would think Kit would either want to forget the whole thing including hs own mistake in falling for Colin, or else he'd want to get back at Ben ! :o

• Like 2

Hi Geemeedee et al,

Epilogue just posted. 

Once again, a very special thanks to Timothy M for helping to edit and sanity check this portion. I really do hope you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. My first novel, Uninvited Guest, is being released by Dreamspinner Press and coming out on 13 November (eBook: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=7065), so I have been frantically working with editors to get that into shape, which has meant little time for other writing.

However, as the sleuths amongst you have already noticed, Kissing the Dragon is the first book in the Croxburgh Chronicles, and is going to be continued in my next book in the series called Stroking The Blue (still under construction, but I am going to post a preview chapter shortly). From a timeline perspective, this will carry on from where KTD left off, will include one or two of the characters you have already met, and (for this book anyway) told from their POV. I am planning four books in the series and already have frameworks for the next two. The final one is pinging around in my head like a pinball right now.

I am not planning on putting KTD forward for publishing (apart from anything, I realise I need to rework certain parts to make them more cohesive) until all four books are written and posted here. 

Honestly, it's the feedback and reviews here that have kept me writing and rethinking the plot - more importantly it's the readers that have urged me on to finish this book. So a huge thank you to everyone.

Brian

Lomax61

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Great finish to Book 1. Could it be that we have been left with a few loose ends and a new mystery?

What caused the plane to crash?

Just who was that woman and what really happened to the third (identity unknown) passenger?  Will we ever find out....

Dear all,

Apologies for messing up the debut of the new novel, Stroking the Blue. The first chapter is now posted successfully.

Would welcome comments.

Brian

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Carlos, you are wheat amidst the chaff of authors. Many authors think that because a reader notifies them that there is a grammatical error in a story they have written, that the comment is a hateful dig at their professional reputation. I, on the other hand, have attempted to self-edit stories I have written and found, even after correcting once or twice through, that I can still go through again and find errors my eyes have jumped over in previous edits, and I am an experienced English Teacher. As a result of being called a snark by self-conscious authors, I have ceased notifying authors of errors I find unless they specifically invite me to do so, even though it makes my English stomach cramp up at some of them. Now, if I find too many errors in a story, I just cease to read it and place it on the inexperienced author shelf.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

Carlos, you are wheat amidst the chaff of authors. 

You mean Brian, right ? ;)  But @Carlos Hazday is a great author too. :yes: 

As Brian's editor I do my best to correct any mistakes, but I still find things I've overlooked, after the chapter is posted. :facepalm: And as a Dane I'm useless at English commas. So feel free to point out any mistakes to me (or Brian) in a PM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Commas are the bane of writers, even when composing in their milk language. Most errors in comma use are fro putting in too many, so when I am editing my own writing, I try using very few and let Grammarly tell me when to put in a missing one.

Sorry about the name error. At 85 I am frequently confused about my own name, but I am enjoying my reading. My best wishes to the entire staff, author, editor and beta readers.

Will

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...