Iso A Beta And Possible Editor

Hi All,

Sorry, feel like I am doing this awkwardly and I probably am. I have a second Anthology piece for the fall. As i write this I am nearly done with it. It sits at about 9,000 words.

Title: A Tail to Tell

What I need from a beta:

Ask anyone who has worked with me and they will tell you I am pretty easy to get along with. I like and appreciate suggestions. Something needs to be expanded, deleted, or clarified. You are the first reader outside of myself and I need to make sure the story makes sense and is ready to go to an editor and then into the Anthology.

What I need from an editor:

By the time I send it to you, the story should be as good as it is going to get. Now comes the nitty gritty messy part. Show me the misuse of tenses, the missing punctuation, the misspellings, and all the rest that simply gets in the way of someone enjoying the story. You are my final correction before it goes to the editing team. I promise to try to have it to you by Tuesday which is the first as early in the day as I can.

What I use

All my stories are written in Word 2007. Comments or corrections are fine. Comments help so I know why the change if it isn't something stupid like I misspelled a word or used the wrong one. (Never claimed to be perfect but I do try not to leave many.)

Time

Well it is Sunday and Renee needs the final version back from me by the Second of September. That means you and an editor before sending it on to the editorial team for the Anthology. So pretty much ASAP. Sorry I hate to be this way. Monday evening the latest.

Sample of what you are getting.

The sun was still low in sky when Marcus made his first run of the day. He’d gotten up while it was still dark, grabbed his surfboard and wet suit, and then headed out to his car to head to the beach.

“Good morning Long Island. This is Danny K, bringing you the news this morning. First on the list is a violent storm is due in shortly after day break today. High winds and violent thunderstorms are expected. All beaches are due to be closed down as riptides and strong currents are expected. A fire in …”

Marcus closed off the radio and hurried down the highway to the beach. He knew if he got there before the dawn, chances were damn good that he could get a few rides in before the patrols caught him and forced him off the beach.

The beach parking lot was empty. He parked as close as he could to the tunnel so he could get through to the beach. He changed into his wetsuit, grabbed the board and made his way toward the beach. He only paused when he heard some of the beach patrol talking near the boardwalk. He waited ‘til they moved on and then slipped out onto the narrow beach. Already he could see the giant waves crashing into the beach. The wind whipped across the beach and the sounds of crashing waves filled the area. As a giant wave crashed Marcus could almost swear he heard a horn blowing, but with the appearance of the morning sunlight he paid more attention to the water.

If you want to take the chance to work with an idiot who is still writing to the last possible moment contact me. Thanks in advance.

• Site Administrator

I can help you, if you still need someone.  Beta or editing or both.  Just let me know.  Since it's so long, it might take me a couple days, but I promise to have it to you before the deadline. 

• Like 1

I can help you, if you still need someone.  Beta or editing or both.  Just let me know.  Since it's so long, it might take me a couple days, but I promise to have it to you before the deadline. 

Very kind of you, I'm sure Comicfan will like that :) 

• Like 1