10 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Whatever the glitch was, I didn’t get a Notification either even though I supposedly get notifications of all your work (even all the poetry I don’t read – sorry, it’s a poetry thing, not you). So my handful of followers (who seem to want to read all of my crazy comments or weird postings in The Pit) should see that I’ve Commented both here and on the chapter (I’m still confused about how Notifications work in relation to Following, it doesn’t make sense to me). And maybe if I add a sarcastic Comment on a certain author’s stories, I’ll stop seeing that nasty ‘reminder’ to Comment on stories as if I’ve never Reviewed or Commented on any of the stories I’ve read…

The glitch has to do with the Publish/Unpublish portion of posting a story. I fear I may have made the error as I posted. In any case, spreading the word is helpful, and I thank you!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

You may want to go back and edit away the extra and empty lines in the text.

Or perhaps not - Parker's already had a fight with the GA editor, getting the story out in the first place.  :thumbdown:  :/

Just now, northie said:

Or perhaps not - Parker's already had a fight with the GA editor, getting the story out in the first place.  :thumbdown:  :/

Yeah, I noticed that, but editing should be OK - just don't unpublish the chapter !

• Like 2

The last chapter of Fall Observation posts this week. I really enjoyed writing what one person called a 'crossover ' story. However,  it is really hard to think for another writer's characters. Skinny gave me permission to do that, but still...

• Like 5

I can imagine wanting to make the characters do things which weren't possible in the original writer's mind. And so, becoming frustrated or stymied. My admiration for you as a writer increases, my friend. :yes:  :) 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

My fight was of the me-vs-digital logic variety. I forgot how to think like software. Sigh. 

That’s what happens when you get a bunch of guys (and the majority still are men) with social disorders (where else can they go where their disabilities are seen as assets?) have an advantage when they can think like machines. Tech geeks don’t think the same way the rest of the population does. They often don’t understand how to make things user-friendly to the general population. What they see as easy and obvious, isn’t to the rest of us. There are several layers that separate us from Ones and Zeros, sometimes those layers get tangled up.

• 7 months later...

I know that I work very slowly. I admit it.

However, I finally got something down on digital paper. I don't suppose anyone would be interested in a single-chapter follow-on vignette in which we see our favorite pair?

Just asking....

• Like 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

However, I finally got something down on digital paper. I don't suppose anyone would be interested in a single-chapter follow-on vignette in which we see our favorite pair?

Just asking....

No need to ask. Of course we'd love to see A and Z again. :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Just asking....

Don’t tease... Yes Please! 😄

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Just asking....

You don't need to, dear friend. I imagine every single one of your fans will pounce on any addition to A-Z.  :yes: Myself included.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

Just asking....

I was asking as soon as A to Z was complete! I’ve been (relatively) patient and have pointed to this story with links a couple times in my comments elsewhere, although as I write this I realize one of the links should have pointed to Predator Prey instead. I’ve been interested in any sort of update on our heroes!  ;–)

5 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I was asking as soon as A to Z was complete! I’ve been (relatively) patient and have pointed to this story with links a couple times in my comments elsewhere, although as I write this I realize one of the links should have pointed to Predator Prey instead. I’ve been interested in any sort of update on our heroes!  ;–)

You have been more than patient, and I’m happy my dormant muse roused itself sufficiently to make this glimpse possible. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

You have been more than patient, and I’m happy my dormant muse roused itself sufficiently to make this glimpse possible. 

The pandemic that was affecting the muses seems to be slowly coming to an end. And just in time since one of my favorite stories has ended and another two will end soon. @craftingmom recently posted a chapter of Ripped. And we just got a new chapter of @Timothy M.’s The Cardmaker and the Caretaker!  ;–)

Edited by Former Member
  • 5 months later...

I had a thought a few nights ago, one of those random thoughts which I recognize now as one that might be the seed from which a story sprouts. Andy and Zander would be in their freshman year at university now... 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • 2 months later...

Summer’s End was like the tiny little tasting scoop at an ice cream shop (Ben & Jerry’s? Double Rainbow?). Just enough to tease the taste buds. I’m waiting for not just a single scoop in a waffle cone, but an all-out giant A to Z sequel sundae!  ;–)