5 hours ago, LitLover said:

I haven't been replying to reviews and feel really guilty about it. :/  I tried with a couple of chapters, but if I can't answer them all in one go, I forget which was the last review I answered.  I may try to start replying in any even because I hate leaving them for so long. 

All chapters are now showing the correct number of comments, and page 2 of comments is accessible. YAY !!! THE BUG IS GONE !!!!! 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

At this point, I think he has shown he's serious. He actually cam out to his bigoted father, that takes some serious guts. And to add to that, he worked with Jason to ensure his business wouldn't be held hostage by his father. That takes planning and thinking ahead. Summed up, I do think all these actions indicate that he is taking this seriously.

But he could still crawl back into the closet to satisfy his parents. If everyone knows, the cat is truly out of the bag.

• Like 5

Conservative parents will put continuous pressure to moderate or minimize actions, activities, and behaviors that are deemed to be embarrassing to the family. Even a decade after their passing, my parents still keep me from being as Open and Out as I might be. Things you learn from your parents, sometimes through ‘osmosis,’ can be extremely persistent.

Alek is never going to be completely Out.

Edited by Former Member
10 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

But he could still crawl back into the closet to satisfy his parents. If everyone knows, the cat is truly out of the bag.

The key word is could. But even then, I am skeptical that he would crawl back into the closet, there is no financial incentive to do so. As for emotional, sure his mom could try to guilt trip him, but... I am confident that Alek will hold his resolve in that case.

Edit to add: To everyone, especially Anti-Alek fans, how would you define completely out? Should Alek tell everyone he encounters that he is gay? Like, if he meets a new person, should he say, "Hello, my name is Alek and I'm gay!" or will you be satisfied that he is out to only his friends and family and not complete strangers?

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Edit to add: To everyone, especially Anti-Alek fans, how would you define completely out? Should Alek tell everyone he encounters that he is gay? Like, if he meets a new person, should he say, "Hello, my name is Alek and I'm gay!" or will you be satisfied that he is out to only his friends and family and not complete strangers?

I've never disclosed my sexuality to random strangers, and would never expect anyone else to do so.  

(edit: I've seen firsthand how friends of mine who weren't "loud and proud" were not considered out 'enough' for other LGBT acqueantances/friends. It's not an ecpection made on us  'straight' folks)

I'm also curious what other readers think Alek needs to do to be "out" in their eyes.  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 3