From The Cup Of The Worthless By Cynus

I finally found a picture to represent Nobuyuki. I had one which was passable before, but the kid was probably only 14, which meant you had to add some years, but this one is pretty much perfect. 

So here's Nobu!

090c0910eaf9b42f96d09080d72772cf.jpg

I can see why Viko has a crush on Nobo :D

• Like 2

:heart: No likes, but he is nice. Probably not too far off from the image in my head.. 

I'm considering posting the original picture I had for Nobu, just to see what people think of it. The kid had blue hair! :D I really like how this one keeps most of his skin covered, though. Vladimir's coming up next. I wonder if he'll match up as well for you! :)

I can see why Viko has a crush on Nobo :D

Oh yes. Oh yes indeed. :) What do you like about him, Drew? Is it his style? The way he carries himself?

Have been reading, but not commenting on anything. So if y'all don't mind I'll just jump on in. I'm becoming disappointed in Nobo's actions. We hear his history and we, well I, except him to have more of a grasp on the world. How could he not investigate others in the school?! I will be honest I root for him the most, he's my favorite thus far, but him allowing Dante to catch him off guard had me shaking my head. I think Viktor is young-minded and naïve which makes the story better because he isn't stained by all of the politicking going on around him, however it makes me worry for his heart since he's so innocent.

• Like 2

Poor Viktor, he is surrounded by gangsters, isn't he? Of course, that's largely due to him being contested territory. Once one gang thinks something belongs to them, they won't give it up easily. :)

There is much more to Dante, definitely. I modeled him a bit off the character Neal Caffrey from the show "White Collar". I think you're going to like what you see as you get to know him more, and especially as you get into his head. :) Here's a picture of what I envision Dante looks like:

tumblr_nrr3gbb8qa1thgaujo1_1280.jpg

This is a great image of Dante. He became my favorite, by the end and this is completely and totally worth the time to read - great work!

• Like 1

Have been reading, but not commenting on anything. So if y'all don't mind I'll just jump on in. I'm becoming disappointed in Nobo's actions. We hear his history and we, well I, except him to have more of a grasp on the world. How could he not investigate others in the school?! I will be honest I root for him the most, he's my favorite thus far, but him allowing Dante to catch him off guard had me shaking my head. I think Viktor is young-minded and naïve which makes the story better because he isn't stained by all of the politicking going on around him, however it makes me worry for his heart since he's so innocent.

Thanks for commenting! :D

Hope you don't mind me defending Nobuyuki just a little bit. He is my son, after all. :P 

I like to think he's been particularly distracted by Viktor, recently, and that was what gave him the opening to be caught off guard. As for knowing Dante's identity, that's a different matter altogether.

Should he have investigated? Probably, and I'll definitely give you points for that. He slipped up somewhere when he didn't look into Dante. 

But I do think there's another way to look at it. Dante is a conman, and a damn good one. He didn't want to be found, and he didn't want Nobuyuki to know about him until this moment. As long as Nobuyuki wasn't specifically looking for who might be attending his school, Dante would have been able to hide for awhile. With Nobuyuki still being new . . .

At least, that's how I saw it. I can understand where you're coming from, though. Nobuyuki, as brilliant as he is, sometimes doesn't make any better choices than the rest of us. He slipped up with Dante, but that's all the more reason for him to keep that in mind and prevent it from happening again. :)

Thank you again for your comment! I hope to see you around even more. I like being kept in check. :D

Edited by Cynus

This is a great image of Dante. He became my favorite, by the end and this is completely and totally worth the time to read - great work!

Thank you, Dave. :) To those who were wondering, Dave was allowed to get an advance reading of the story since he is hosting it on his website, Dabeagle.com. I'm not just handing out advance readings like candy on Halloween. :P

I adore Dante, as I adore all of my children. I can't wait for the rest of you to experience the later chapters, as the story is about to really take off. :)

• Like 2

Thank you, Dave. :) To those who were wondering, Dave was allowed to get an advance reading of the story since he is hosting it on his website, Dabeagle.com. I'm not just handing out advance readings like candy on Halloween. :P

I adore Dante, as I adore all of my children. I can't wait for the rest of you to experience the later chapters, as the story is about to really take off. :)

Yes, one of the perks is getting to read ahead if you're doing the coding work of hosting. I'd imagine it can be a benefit if you beta read or edit as well.

• Like 1

Happy GA Anniversary Cynus! :hug:

So, are you gonna celebrate with posting the next chapter tomorrow 0:)

Yep. It's already scheduled to post in the system. 10:00 am, MST.

Thanks for commenting! :D

Hope you don't mind me defending Nobuyuki just a little bit. He is my son, after all. :P

I like to think he's been particularly distracted by Viktor, recently, and that was what gave him the opening to be caught off guard. As for knowing Dante's identity, that's a different matter altogether.

Should he have investigated? Probably, and I'll definitely give you points for that. He slipped up somewhere when he didn't look into Dante.

But I do think there's another way to look at it. Dante is a conman, and a damn good one. He didn't want to be found, and he didn't want Nobuyuki to know about him until this moment. As long as Nobuyuki wasn't specifically looking for who might be attending his school, Dante would have been able to hide for awhile. With Nobuyuki still being new . . .

At least, that's how I saw it. I can understand where you're coming from, though. Nobuyuki, as brilliant as he is, sometimes doesn't make any better choices than the rest of us. He slipped up with Dante, but that's all the more reason for him to keep that in mind and prevent it from happening again. :)

Thank you again for your comment! I hope to see you around even more. I like being kept in check. :D

Please do! As I said he is my favorite. With that being said I can't let him off the hook that easily. I want for him and victor to work it out and have a happily ever after, but with his ass on the line he has a job to do and distractions will get him killed.

Dante being a conman makes it even worse! You know you are invading and trying to concur territory wouldn't you look for the links around you. You know about the police chiefs son, but don't know that the other son is Russian mafia! Seriously! Them and the Italians are who you are up against. You should always arm yourself with knowledge and his brilliance has me realizing that he has street smarts, but not common sense. Two very different things where I'm from.he can hustle and survive on his own, but he isn't very calculated if there is no inherent risk.

I love the story and since I've popped the cherry on commenting I might as well keep it up. Although I will threaten to stop if it gets chapters faster

• Like 1

Please do! As I said he is my favorite. With that being said I can't let him off the hook that easily. I want for him and victor to work it out and have a happily ever after, but with his ass on the line he has a job to do and distractions will get him killed.

Dante being a conman makes it even worse! You know you are invading and trying to concur territory wouldn't you look for the links around you. You know about the police chiefs son, but don't know that the other son is Russian mafia! Seriously! Them and the Italians are who you are up against. You should always arm yourself with knowledge and his brilliance has me realizing that he has street smarts, but not common sense. Two very different things where I'm from.he can hustle and survive on his own, but he isn't very calculated if there is no inherent risk.

I love the story and since I've popped the cherry on commenting I might as well keep it up. Although I will threaten to stop if it gets chapters faster . Yea I tried to manipulate you. If it worked, happy dance, if not, aww poo. Lol.

Dante may just be the smarter of the two, however. Though I'd definitely rather have Nobuyuki on my side if things go south, lol!

Yeah, I guess I slipped up a bit, there. Maybe I should have gone back and revised that part; made Nobuyuki instantly aware of who he was, instead of being caught off guard. Vladimir's a bit different, though, in my opinion. That's because he's such a low ranking member of the Russian Mafia, and he's been trying to keep it from everyone, that he wouldn't exactly be known. More on that later, though. Don't want to spoil anything. :D

I'm so happy to hear you're this invested in the story, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

As for manipulating me . . . well, you're out of luck, I'm afraid. I post it at a chapter a week for two reasons. One is because the other websites which host the story (Awesomedude.com, Dabeagle.com, and CastleRoland.net) all post it at a rate of one chapter a week, and I don't want to get ahead of any of them. I like to keep everyone as happy as possible, so keeping everyone on the same schedule is a good way to keep that up. 

Secondly, I use the chapters as my creator posts on Patreon. I do advanced postings there, but only for my Patrons. I'm afraid that's the only place to get the story quicker. :)

He seems way to happy to be the leader of a Yakuza clan :gikkle:

One of several reasons why this doesn't work as well as I'd like. The funny thing is, that is a picture of a Yakuza leader. LOL

EDIT: I'm pretty certain he's affiliated with the Yamaguchi-gumi

Edited by Cynus

And the long awaited Vladimir picture. :)

tumblr_nxtrl8r81Z1rk07d0o1_1280.jpg

Or this one. :)

tumblr_nxoqswcesV1r2dtafo1_500.jpg

#2 looks like how Viko is brooding right now.. 

He seems way to happy to be the leader of a Yakuza clan :gikkle:

Underneath that happy lies the heart of a cold blooded.....something!

• Like 1

#2 looks like how Viko is brooding right now.. 

Well, they do have to have some physical attributes in common, don't they? I like to think that Vladimir and Viktor are similar in their mannerisms, even if they each look like one of their parents and not really like the other.

Underneath that happy lies the heart of a cold blooded.....something!

I suppose Masahiro might be a reptile . . . you never know. ;)

• Like 1

And the long awaited Vladimir picture. :)

tumblr_nxtrl8r81Z1rk07d0o1_1280.jpg

Or this one. :)

tumblr_nxoqswcesV1r2dtafo1_500.jpg

Definitely feeling number 2

Dante may just be the smarter of the two, however. Though I'd definitely rather have Nobuyuki on my side if things go south, lol!

Yeah, I guess I slipped up a bit, there. Maybe I should have gone back and revised that part; made Nobuyuki instantly aware of who he was, instead of being caught off guard. Vladimir's a bit different, though, in my opinion. That's because he's such a low ranking member of the Russian Mafia, and he's been trying to keep it from everyone, that he wouldn't exactly be known. More on that later, though. Don't want to spoil anything. :D

I'm so happy to hear you're this invested in the story, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

As for manipulating me . . . well, you're out of luck, I'm afraid. I post it at a chapter a week for two reasons. One is because the other websites which host the story (Awesomedude.com, Dabeagle.com, and CastleRoland.net) all post it at a rate of one chapter a week, and I don't want to get ahead of any of them. I like to keep everyone as happy as possible, so keeping everyone on the same schedule is a good way to keep that up.

Secondly, I use the chapters as my creator posts on Patreon. I do advanced postings there, but only for my Patrons. I'm afraid that's the only place to get the story quicker. :)

What is patreon? Modern day version of artistic patrons?

• Like 1

Definitely feeling number 2

What is patreon? Modern day version of artistic patrons?

In order to avoid violating GA's policy on the issue (Which I may have already done now that I think about it, though I'm not entirely certain. Hopefully if it is a problem, one of the administrators will let me know) I can't post too much information on the subject. However, I have sent you a personal message with additional information, and can confirm that you are right about the purpose of the web service. :)

That first image of Vladimir...wow. I still like Dante better, pic and all, but damn.

Hmm... I guess it goes to show, Dave, that we still can't agree on men! :) I'm more fond of the second picture. :D

Okay, that first picture... is that Colton Haynes? :wub:

I honestly don't know. Who is Colton Haynes? :D

Hmm... I guess it goes to show, Dave, that we still can't agree on men! :) I'm more fond of the second picture. :D

I honestly don't know. Who is Colton Haynes? :D

Colton Haynes is an actor with cheekbones that could cut glass. He's been linked to gay rumors and, famously, did a photo shoot with another guy for the old XY Magazine where he was part of a couple. I do not think you used his picture, unknowingly. Just the cheekbones.

Edited by Dabeagle
  • Like 1

Colton Haynes is an actor with cheekbones that could cut glass. He's been linked to gay rumors and, famously, did a photo shoot with another guy for the old XY Magazine where he was part of a couple. I do not think you used his picture, unknowingly. Just the cheekbones.

Thanks for the information. I would have never been able to put that together, myself. :)

Also, thank you for your kind comments regarding From The Cup of The Worthless (semi spoilers for those who choose to watch this. Not huge ones, just a snippet about Dante.)