2016 Summer Anthology: Wicked Games ~ Discussion

• Site Administrator

My story is done and sent to Renee. I hope it's OK to be early with the submission?

It's just fine, Tim.  :)  Better early than late. :) 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'm going to be very close to the wire with this one, I think.  I've been struggling to come up with an idea that isn't a snoozefest or cliché.  I think I finally have a working idea that I'm happy with.  I started one story, but scrapped it after 500 words because I figured if I was bored with it, then readers would be even more so.  Fingers crossed I can get it written and through my team by the deadline.  I don't think I've missed an anthology in two years, so I'd hate to now. lol

• Like 2

So, I threw my draft into the cyber garbage can and am currently at 800 words.  I don't know if I make it in time, fingers crossed. I might need an editor as Lisa is super busy. But I have to finish first.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

So, I threw my draft into the cyber garbage can and am currently at 800 words.  I don't know if I make it in time, fingers crossed. I might need an editor as Lisa is super busy. But I have to finish first.

I'd be happy to edit for you, Addy. :)

• Like 1

Quote from the guidelines:

Once your story has been sent back to you, you will be given a date to have your story uploaded into GA Stories.  It must be uploaded by that date in order to be included in the Anthology.

Is it OK to upload any time from now on, even if I haven't been given a date?

Quote from the guidelines:

Once your story has been sent back to you, you will be given a date to have your story uploaded into GA Stories.  It must be uploaded by that date in order to be included in the Anthology.

Is it OK to upload any time from now on, even if I haven't been given a date?

Go ahead and upload it. That's my fault. I really need to change that part of the guidelines, though it's there more for those who send it in at the last minute.

• Like 1

That is entirely up to you. I generally do just so they get the recognition.

yeah, that's what I thought too, but I wasn't sure. I didn't know if the Anthology editors were 'a secret SWAT team' assembled for the purpose of whippng our stories into shape, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

yeah, that's what I thought too, but I wasn't sure. I didn't know if the Anthology editors were 'a secret SWAT team' assembled for the purpose of whippng our stories into shape, LOL.

We're GA ninjas...there to swoop in to ensure no typo goes unfixed ;):gikkle:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

NOTE: I will be leaving town either this Wednesday or Thursday until Tuesday. That means that I will not be around to get any last minute submissions paired with a member of the proof team. Starting on Wednesday (to be safe), when you send in your story, you need to include both myself, and Cia, in the PM. If I have already left town, she will get you set up with a proof team member.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone is impatient... :P

:*)  it's my first Anthology. But I also wanted to know in relation to the prompt chapter I want to post before Friday. If the Anthology posts this week, I need to get it out today or tomorrow, otherwise Thursday would be OK.

• Like 2