There is a button for removing all formatting in the editor that I have been using, but from Google docs the only thing that I have been able to do to get rid of the extra returns myself is to go in and brute force remove them in the GA editor. :unsure:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lux Apollo said:

There is a button for removing all formatting in the editor that I have been using, but from Google docs the only thing that I have been able to do to get rid of the extra returns myself is to go in and brute force remove them in the GA editor. :unsure:

Yeah, I used the remove all formatting button and it still does it. When in editor it does look correct, but in the published document it doesn't. So I experimented like you said and removed all the extra ones myself - it seems Stories spaces them out the paragraph automatically and if you write the paragraphs spaced in Google Documents.. it adds the extras. I know I don't want to write like that in the document.. that would be terrible.. lol. But other than doing the editing myself, I hope there is a fix later on.. 

Edited by Krista
  • Like 2

That's what the document looks on my end in the story/chapter editor when I edited it to not be so scroll-y, so.. Shew. At least it looks better in published form.

--------------

“Don’t apologize,” Luke countered giving me a half hearted smirk.

“Alright, I won’t,” I said smiling when he laughed.

“See you around, he said giving me a short wave.

“See ya,” I said grabbing for his arm as he turned to leave. Only managing to graze it with my fingertips, he stopped anyway, but missing his arm held me back from kissing him. He looked like he was about to take the longest trip of his life and I wanted to say more than I did, but I also knew that we didn’t have the time.

“What?” He asked his face half illuminated by the porch light.

“See you Monday,” I answered feeling completely lame. I hated thinking that a kiss would be the last thing that he wanted from me, but it being the one thing I wanted to do before he walked away.

“Yeah,” he said nodding and I watched him turn and walk down the stairs, crossing his arms against the cold night air. I was too tense to notice that my toes were freezing and that I, too, didn’t have enough clothes on to be out here. He didn’t stop to look back as he crossed my yard and disappeared into the forest and when I could no longer see or hear him crashing along, I walked back inside and up the stairs to my room. Collapsing on my bed, I sighed and lazily pulled the covers over me to warm myself back up, suddenly exhausted. I was beginning to realize just how many things were still in our way. How shit could come crashing down around us, but seeing Luke step off my front porch I knew what I wanted. I would just have to fight for it.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Krista said:

That's what the document looks on my end in the story/chapter editor when I edited it to not be so scroll-y, so.. Shew. At least it looks better in published form.

Yep, that's exactly what it needs to look like before posting. Check out Renee's explanation here :

On 4/25/2017 at 5:39 PM, Krista said:

Would you guys be.... annoyed? If I wrote a "continuation.." chapter? With this story it seems like I'm restructuring it a lot as I write it and I've come to the conclusion that the next idea that I have for a chapter should have probably been part of Chapter 25 instead of a whole new chapter. I may try to flesh it out, but it may be a short chapter? Then I can go along with the story better.. I'm not sure on the plan, but that is where I'm leaning. The thought came a day later when I was like.. "damn... I can't leave that scene... like that." You probably know what scene I'm talking about... as it was the bit that ended the chapter. :P lol.

Hopefully, I can get it worked out.. I probably already should have been working on it... tsk tsk.. bad Krista.. but I've been thinking on the ideas of where to go next... yes, I am that kind of writer if you haven't figured that out already.. I'm only pretending to know what I'm doing here. :D

:o...............Bad Krista!!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 7/10/2017 at 2:44 PM, AugustusWaters said:

Yo Krista! more pls. this junkie needs his next hit. thx

Aww! I'm sucking at this writing thing.. :( I have so many demands on my time that when I do sit down to write.. I'm already tired.. lol. But I do currently have the document loaded up and hopefully I will get a significant chunk of what I want to cover in this chapter completed before bedtime. 

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry y'all! I've been so swamped and busy.. and away from my computer lately. Shew! At this point I may just put the story on hold, finish it.. and then start re-posting so that I know I will remain on a schedule. :(

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

I finally whipped her with a wet spaghetti noodle and she is typing again :D

I'm allowed to tell you that she is at 18 pages 8500 words and she is coming up to a part that will make the whole chapter and wait worth it :unsure:

:P

Patience young grasshoppers, it is near :)

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

Oh, so now the pressure is on me :(

This is not so fun....might have to skip watching Big Brother tonight :D

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, wildone said:

Oh, so now the pressure is on me :(

This is not so fun....might have to skip watching Big Brother tonight :D

Skip Big Brother? :o But Cody or Elena could be going home... wait... I think it might be double eviction tonight :huh:   Oh, jeez... I need a life :unsure: 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Krista said:

Another BB Fan! Are youuuu serious!? 

Honestly, Paul's to win... sigh. 

I liked Paul... but he was way too pushy during Josh's HOH... I'm sort of liking Jason now... we'll see their truer colors soon because they'll be turning on each other soon :) ... and Matt is pretty darn cute :yes: 

• Like 3

Jason,  Alex, Raven, and Matt need to wake up, because Paul is totally planning on taking Josh and Kevin to finals with him. :P I like Paul for the entertainment factor, but he's too pushy, and he uses bullying tactics and that can get a bit too personal. Also, on the live feeds, he swears a ton.. and as a Sweet Southern Belle, I don't like a lot of swearing. Even if I put it in my writing.. lol. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Krista said:

Jason,  Alex, Raven, and Matt need to wake up, because Paul is totally planning on taking Josh and Kevin to finals with him. :P I like Paul for the entertainment factor, but he's too pushy, and he uses bullying tactics and that can get a bit too personal. Also, on the live feeds, he swears a ton.. and as a Sweet Southern Belle, I don't like a lot of swearing. Even if I put it in my writing.. lol. 

I agree with all of this... Paul's bullying leaves a bad taste. Josh is a bit insane, and Kevin's attempt at overthrow, and trying to align with Cody was done so poorly as to be laughable... they are my least favorite three :yes: 

• Like 3