2016 Special Anthology: All Pre-2016 Themes ~ Discussion

• Site Administrator

So far I have one story completed and am about a thousand words into a second.  I have ideas for six of the themes.  I have solid outlines for three of them and working ideas for the others.  I feel pretty confident that I can get stories written for "Oops", "Fairy Tales", and "Haunted".  I'm hoping to write stories for "Legends", "Mayan Tribute", and "Nature's Wrath".  My completed story used the "Blizzard" theme. 

What themes are others thinking of tackling? 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Site Administrator

Fairy Tale seems to be a popular theme!  I can't wait to read everyone's take on it.  I am about a thousand words into my Fairy Tale.  I'd like to get a third story written, but we'll see how it goes.  Themes I'm considering for my third story are: Day of Silence, The Road not Taken, It's Just a Game, Right?, Legends, Mayan Tribute: End of the World, and Pandora's Box.  Any preferences? 

• Like 2

Much to my own surprise, in the midst of writing a chapter for Morningstar last night, my brain decided to switch gears and I am now writing an entry for the special anthology. I am using the Scars theme, and I'm 6600 words in, trying not to let it get out of control. Wish me luck. Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

My Fairy Tale is almost finished, so I will have at least two to submit. :D  I already submitted my first story "Maelstrom".  I was going to scrap my attempt at the Oops theme, but have decided to extensively revise it, so that would make number three.  I may even have time for a fourth if inspiration strikes.  I have a tentative idea for the Mayan theme, but am not sure I could reach 5k words with it.  

• Like 1

So, I have one entry for Friends and Enemies back from my editor (thank you Kitt), one finished for I'd Never Do That, and another very nearly finished for A Night to Remember.

Two of them feature the same set of characters, but they aren't related stories. and my research has led me to some very interesting places with these tales.

• Like 1

I don't know this time I will get any submissions for the special anthology. I wanted to write for some themes, or some poetry. But life just caught me off guard.

Hoping for best, I'll wait for the right time... :)

Edited by Emi GS

My entry for the Scars theme has just been returned from editing... thanks, Tim. It ended up at 12,000 words. I just have to let it sit before I go over it a few more times. I had another inspiration last night for  In the Shadows theme, but I won't have time for it...

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I just sent my Fairy Tale story to the proof team.  I'm pretty proud of this one.  I can't wait to hear how everyone else likes it. :)

• Like 1

I must be losing my mind. I have NO time, and I'm 2000 words into another Special Anthology story. It's on the theme Living In The Shadows... don't know if I'll finish it because there's a lot more to the story... oh well....

• Like 3

OK. Finally decided to attempt some poetry anthologies and some anthologies in poetry. So far I haven't wrote anything, but my free time will be the time for writing anthologies. I wish I do come up with some better ones before the deadline.

OK. Finally decided to attempt some poetry anthologies and some anthologies in poetry. So far I haven't wrote anything, but my free time will be the time for writing anthologies. I wish I do come up with some better ones before the deadline.

I'm sorry Emi, but this anthology is a non poetry anthology.

You can use the poetry themes, but they'd have to be used in a short story with a minimum of 5,000 words.

o_O Ohh... Even the long chapters I had written are below 3000 words. That means I might miss this anthology. :(

P.S: I have posted the same question in anthology thread. Make sure you delete it.

Just submitted my second entry, for proofing. I used the Living in the Shadows theme, but this is my take on a modern day Fairy Tale... hope it works. I'm way behind in my other stuff now  :(  :)

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

My "Legend" antho story is turning out to be much longer than I anticipated, so I may only end up with three to submit vs. four.  Fingers crossed I can still get both done, but I'm not counting on it.  :)

• Like 1