Story/world Building Insight From Hayao Miyazaki

I consider Miyazaki one of the greatest storytellers of all time. This sixteen minute insight into how he thinks is golden. It may be from the perspective of an animator, but I can definitely see how it can be applied to writing in many ways.

• Like 2

Never seen a Miyazaki film, but now I want to! :D

You should. Some of the best storytelling out there. My personal favorites are Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke.

• Like 2

You should. Some of the best storytelling out there. My personal favorites are Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke.

Are they on Netflix? :)

Anyways, I can see how this video can apply to writing. I especially loved that part on making emotion a priority :yes:

• Like 2

Anyways, I can see how this video can apply to writing. I especially loved that part on making emotion a priority :yes:

I'm afraid I don't know if any of them are. :( But yes, that emotion as a priority thing was awesome. I also found it interesting how he makes his movies, the way he builds each scene individually and then connects them rather than plotting the whole thing out at once.

• Like 2

They're not, unfortunately. I just went and checked. If I lived near you, I'd sit you down and let you watch my copies, but that's not an option, here. :P

• Like 1