Nice. I think I could do this, as long as free verse counts. NaNoWriMo is what started me as a writer, so I suppose I should give its sibling a chance.

• Like 3

April is National Poetry Writing Month and I am going to attempt to complete it this year.  The idea is to write one poem per day for the month of April. I tried it last year, but only got a week in before I got a nasty case of the flu that sidelined me for a while.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again this year!  I'll be posting weekly so I don't have too many poetry 'chapters'.  Who else is up for the challenge? 

I just whipped one up. I kind of like it, considering how little time I spent on it. I'm going to add it to "Musings of a Mongoose".

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Nice. I think I could do this, as long as free verse counts. NaNoWriMo is what started me as a writer, so I suppose I should give its sibling a chance.

Of course it counts ;)  Awesome :D  I'm glad to have you on board! :hug:

• Like 2

oh now you all tempting me ... just a lot of pressure.. i'll see if i can come up with a lil something in the next hour... 

• Like 2

April is National Poetry Writing Month and I am going to attempt to complete it this year.  The idea is to write one poem per day for the month of April. I tried it last year, but only got a week in before I got a nasty case of the flu that sidelined me for a while.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again this year!  I'll be posting weekly so I don't have too many poetry 'chapters'.  Who else is up for the challenge? 

Okay I wrote one ... I think weekly posting is a good idea.. Too bad this wasn't in the month I was off work!!

I think I'll do this, mainly because I'm developing a new story but it needs time to poach in some duck fat and I need something else to occupy me. 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4

Okay I wrote one ... I think weekly posting is a good idea.. Too bad this wasn't in the month I was off work!!

I think I'll do this, mainly because I'm developing a new story but it needs time to poach in some duck fat and I need something else to occupy me. 

beautiful. :)

• Like 1

I'm going to post a link to this thread on the 'Live-Poets' forum. I wonder, Val, will you feed us the daily prompts? Or maybe those interested can PM you to get them?   

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I can forward the email to anyone interested, or pm me for the email address of the person supplying the prompts.  I don't feel comfortable posting them here without permission. 

• Like 2

I can forward the email to anyone interested, or pm me for the email address of the person supplying the prompts.  I don't feel comfortable posting them here without permission.

I found a blog that has prompts. ..glad they are optional!
  • Like 2

I almost made it last year. I named it  'A Fool's Thoughts' and it can be found here, for those who are interested.

Maybe I try again. It's only the second and my head feels good.

• Like 3

My days 4 to 7 are here

Day 7 Prompt is evil

Our (optional) prompt for Day Seven comes to us from Gloria Gonsalves, who challenges us all to write atritina. The tritina is a shorter cousin to the sestina, involving three, three-line stanzas, and a final concluding line. Three “end words” are used to conclude the lines of each stanza, in a set pattern of ABC, CAB, BCA, and all three end words appear together in the final line.

I will do it.. but not today.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2

My days 4 to 7 are here

Day 7 Prompt is evil

Our (optional) prompt for Day Seven comes to us from Gloria Gonsalves, who challenges us all to write atritina. The tritina is a shorter cousin to the sestina, involving three, three-line stanzas, and a final concluding line. Three “end words” are used to conclude the lines of each stanza, in a set pattern of ABC, CAB, BCA, and all three end words appear together in the final line.

I will do it.. but not today.

I don't know about the Sestina and its ilk...I just don't know what the form is good at expressing; why a poet would choose it.... Maybe somebody can tell me?

I love your first week's poems, Tim. I left you a review :yes:

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I love how many people are participating this year.  :D  I'll have to read your poems when I am feeling better, Dolores.  I'm fighting off a cold and want to be able to properly appreciate them.  :)

• Like 1

I don't know about the Sestina and its ilk...I just don't know what the form is good at expressing; why a poet would choose it.... Maybe somebody can tell me?

I love your first week's poems, Tim. I left you a review :yes:

I don't know AC, what that form is good for. I wrote one, but the last words are repetitive and sound silly to me. I wouldn't choose it over any form I know.  I think it's an exercise but in frustration only.