What Are Some Of The Best Story-Rich Games?

On 8/16/2017 at 5:23 PM, Myr said:

Overall, I enjoyed Andromeda, but they had some issues.  I found it to be sort of like Mass Effect 1, but opposite.  ME1 was spot on for story, but the playing mechanics were clunky.  Andromeda, the playing mechanics were nailed, but the story was not as good as I'm used to from Bioware.  But that's the mighty high bar. It wasn't a wonderful story, but it was good.

Finally got around to booting up Andromeda.  I'm probably not very far (finished the first major planet quest), but I do agree that the gameplay itself has been quite good.  Definitely seems like it'll at least be an entertaining play through.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
4 hours ago, Acid07 said:

Finally got around to booting up Andromeda.  I'm probably not very far (finished the first major planet quest), but I do agree that the gameplay itself has been quite good.  Definitely seems like it'll at least be an entertaining play through.

The story is much better after you get off that first planet

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I would like to add my fav game here, as the story line is rich, progressive, and it's great following a story that has historical figures in it.

Assassins Creed from the first, to the one about to be released, are exciting, as well as having different aspects and views on different parts of the world.

Love it!!

• Like 1

Another series that is great is the Wild Arms franchise. You have great story in them set in a western style. Full of puzzles and weird creatures, as well as mystical godlike guardians you can summon

• 2 weeks later...

Kingdom Hearts is a good game by Square Enix.

Sadly, it had made me wait for more than a decade. And I still don't know when the third game will be released because of the good number of spin-offs that they made between KH2 and KH3. Imagine, KH2 was released when I was still in Freshman Year of HS. Now, I am already working and graduated in the Univ, and they still haven't released KH3! I want to cryyyy.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Kingdom Hearts is a good game by Square Enix.

Sadly, it had made me wait for more than a decade. And I still don't know when the third game will be released because of the good number of spin-offs that they made between KH2 and KH3. Imagine, KH2 was released when I was still in Freshman Year of HS. Now, I am already working and graduated in the Univ, and they still haven't released KH3! I want to cryyyy.

KH3 had a major preview at the Cons this year. So, I'm expecting it in the next year sometime. I loved KH1 and KH2!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 10:09 PM, BHopper2 said:

KH3 had a major preview at the Cons this year. So, I'm expecting it in the next year sometime. I loved KH1 and KH2!

Plus the KH series really offers a lot of cute guys. :( Sora, Riku, Roxas/Ventus. Terra. Even some from the folks of OrgXIII like Axel and Zexion. I have been crushing on Roxas ever since. If you want a milder version, then go for Ventus. Even the KH version of Zac Fair in KH Birth By Sleep is cute. :lol:

And I found Xion's demise very very heartbreaking. :,(