2016 Fall Anthology: Blindsided / The Forgotten ~ Discussion

I'm going to try to post one called 'Adagio'. I've lost my editors and most of my betas so I will have to go hunting and pecking. It might be a good one for Halloweird. It will be built around The Forgotten theme.

I'll be proper and ask for editorial help in the proper place, but I'd thought I'd just say I'm going to try this one.

I didn't release my last one because it was too personal and agonizing to write and I was told it might not be up to standards. It is also in connection to a regular series I write so taken out of context it might not work as a stand alone entry.

Anyway...whatever. I will try this.

Edited by MrM
  • Like 1

I did it! Got the first draft of my anthology entry written... didn't think I'd be able to find the time... but I MADE time!! Yeah, baby!  :)

Yay! :D

I'm about half done. I just wrote something in my story last night that was so disturbing that it kind of kept me up and made it hard to sleep! :o

I may need to hack some of it out. This is def going to be good for Halloween.

Edited by MrM
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am afraid that I might not be able to get this done to specs. I lost my editor and betas a while ago. I suppose I need to post an ad in the support request forum.

If I can't make it in time, I suppose I can just release it as a stand alone piece. I'd like to submit something to the Anthology, but I never seem to have enough time anymore...

I am afraid that I might not be able to get this done to specs. I lost my editor and betas a while ago. I suppose I need to post an ad in the support request forum.

If I can't make it in time, I suppose I can just release it as a stand alone piece. I'd like to submit something to the Anthology, but I never seem to have enough time anymore...

I'd love to beta for you, but I just looked and your story is very long. I'm already beta reading a 20k story and just haven't enough time. Any one else up for it?

• Like 1

I'd love to beta for you, but I just looked and your story is very long. I'm already beta reading a 20k story and just haven't enough time. Any one else up for it?

Yeah. Confound my being so prolific! :P

Actually, the characters won't shut up again. They want their story told. I'm in the final act and it shouldn't be much more. I appreciate the offer Aditus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I won't be able to make this one.

Until I get an editor again I won't be able to do anthologies. I'm just not an editor or, even, a very good proofer. Maybe with time and practice, but not today.

I will be posting Adagio in my own collection as a stand alone piece. I really want ot get this out for Halloween as it is a good story for that.

I invite you to read it. I believe it is a good read and a better one now after having a couple of betas read it through for me and make suggestions. 

Good luck eveyrone. I look forward to reading through your efforts on this theme.

• Like 2

Sorry Tim, I don't give out the release date because I never know if something is going to happen to delay it.

Ah, OK, that's why I couldn't find any mention of the release date. :) I asked because ColumbusGuy is having eye surgery on the 14th and I'd love for him to be able to read my story before then.