Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

An Update On My Life....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Got a note from Mark and just wanted to share it with everyone...

Happy Holidays!  I’m sorry I’ve been a ghost lately.  I’ve been pretty busy, and it’s all good, but it’s definitely taken me away from my writing.  

About eight years ago I started working on my PhD, knowing that if I wanted to stay in higher education a terminal degree was a requirement.  The first years were fine, but the past few have been grueling, as I’ve tackled that ultimate academic challenge: the dissertation.  For an ADD child like me, that’s truly the ultimate nightmare, since starting big projects and then finishing them are two of the trademark difficulties with that disorder.  And it’s even tougher since it’s a solitary project, so there’s no one there to work with other than busy committee chairs.  But I finally got the damn thing done, and defended in August, so now I’m officially a “Dr.”  

So while that’s really good news, all that academic writing has largely sucked the life out of my fictional muse.  And it’s largely stifled my libido.  It’s hard to write gay-themed stories, even if only slightly laced with erotica, when one has an academic writing mindset.   I’m trying to work my way out of it, but the spark hasn’t relit itself yet.  

Other than that, I’ve been doing relatively well for an aging white guy, and staying relatively healthy.  I hope you guys are doing well too.  I’ll try to be productive in the new year.  

Thanks for the update! And congrats to Mark!! 

• Like 3

Mark,  Congratulations on your achievement.  Earning a terminal degree with a written dissertation and thesis defense is one of the most difficult endeavors in academia.  Another is earning the recognition of your colleagues with an award of an appointment with tenure.  I am so happy for you.  WELL DONE!!!!!!    You deserve some time off to rest and rejuvenate.   Might I be so bold as to suggest that you go back to the first few CAP chapters to get your creative libidinous juices flowing, then just maybe we will all receive a grand holiday surprise with a new chapter.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS.  BEST WISHES FOR A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON.  SENT TO YOU WITH LOVE. 💟💟 Jack 💟💟

• Like 1

I just stumbled upon this great news and I am very happy for you Mark on your hard earned achievement! Congratulations Dr. Arbour!

I’m sure I can speak for many saying that we hope to one day soon see you back in fine writing form for your fans – until then, will be waiting for you! 

🎉🥃🍷😘👍

• Like 1

So pleased to hear from you, Mark, and your academic achievements. When you get to be my age (85) and you don't hear from/about a friend for a while suspicions rise as to their welfare. Maybe that is transference, but... At any rate, now that the zenith of academia is reached, you have an audience of interested readers out here in the world. Rest, revitalize and recover your fictional muse as soon as possible, but do not stress your health.

Misterwill

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Well what looks like the first post in the Mark Arbour Acolytes :worship: forum for 2019, I am hoping that this year will be the year of a renaissance for our beloved commander, (Brad et al as well, however my first troo lurve is Mr Grainger😍)

What are the odds, Mr Arbour?🤔

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Mark Arbour said:

Greetings everyone!  I hope this finds you all well, and you don't hate me for being such a sparse poster (and all but ghosting) for so long.  I've been really busy these past few years, and the results of that were that I finally earned my PhD (thanks for all the good wishes!).  Anyway, all that academic writing clogged my creative brain (SMILE), but I think I've unblocked that.  I'm planning to start posting new chapters again for both Northern Exposure and Black Widow starting on Bastille Day. 

Welcome back, Mark, and congratulations! You have been sorely missed. Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..