On 4/30/2018 at 11:50 PM, Dodger said:

Who will ride off into the sunset with who?

THE ODDS

Robbie & Nathan                         2-1

Robbie & Alex                              5-1

Alex & Nathan                           10-1

Tom & Robbie                            25-1

Tom & Nathan                           50-1

Nicola & Alex                             50-1

Naomi & Any of the above      Evens

I can’t decide who I think Robbie will be with, or should be with.  I love the sexual chemistry with Alex, and the loving history with Tom.  Ugh....and Nathan is in love with him, though I think Nathan will be fine regardless and won’t be single for long if he doesn’t end up with Robbie.   So, if I had to choose....I would put my bet on Robbie and Alex. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 1:51 PM, Okiegrad said:

I can’t decide who I think Robbie will be with, or should be with.  I love the sexual chemistry with Alex, and the loving history with Tom.  Ugh....and Nathan is in love with him, though I think Nathan will be fine regardless and won’t be single for long if he doesn’t end up with Robbie.   So, if I had to choose....I would put my bet on Robbie and Alex. 

I'm not totally convinced Nathan's in love with Robbie. I think he's more in love with himself and the idea of having a boyfriend. I've always thought Nathan was superficial and a little shallow. I know Alex is in love with Robbie. He has to be. If he didn't love Robbie, I don't think he would've allowed the hug or the breakdown. The only problem is, Alex doesn't know how to show affection. He's never really received it. He gets violent and physical when he tries to show how he feels because what did he receive from his father? He knows his dad's SUPPOSED to love him. He knows his dad gets physical sometimes. So, someone he knows is SUPPOSED to love him beats him. When he started catching the feels for Robbie, what happened? 

I've been Team Alex since he took Robbie in and helped him hide. Actually, I think I was on board with Alex before that. I never really liked Nathan. 

• Love 4
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Dodger said:

It's about time something embarrassing happened to Don instead of Robbie all the time. He needs to be compromised! Thanks @droughtquake 

More than just toothpaste!

Don's long forgotten college boyfriend reappears?  ;–)

Don isn't clever enough to keep an affair with one of the other members of the Coburg cabal a secret…  ;–)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

So I have to apologize Dodger. Haven’t had time to read the last chapter as I have been busy in Cobourg. Long Weeked and easily 10,000 people at the beach. 

Also so my cousins daughter is 16 and goes to hs there. I asked her if she knew a Robbie that was from Britain and his older sister Nicola and younger brother Daniel, and she hasn’t. 

I'm beginning to think this is a fictional story :P

hope to get to the chapter tonight. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, wildone said:

Also so my cousins daughter is 16 and goes to hs there. I ask her if she knew a Robbie that was from Britain and his older sister Nicola and younger brother Daniel, and she hasn’t. 

You didn’t ask her about Nathan and Rory? Or the missing-in-action Fran and her boyfriend? Of course the one to be worried about would be Alex – he could be trouble!  ;–)

On 8/6/2018 at 9:18 AM, Timothy M. said:

I'm still hoping Robbie will find a way to shame Don and Sue for their bigotry. Perhaps he should enlist Nicola to help with a plan. Or Alex... :evil: 

There’s still that retired social worker that Robbie met when he ran away. I’m sure he’d have some ideas. Besides, we haven’t heard from him since those couple chapters when he kept Robbie from running away to Toronto. (Hint, hint.)  ;–)

On 8/5/2018 at 8:24 PM, wildone said:

Also so my cousins daughter is 16 and goes to hs there. I asked her if she knew a Robbie that was from Britain and his older sister Nicola and younger brother Daniel, and she hasn’t. 

They would have all finished high school by now. Amy would be the only one still in school. She would be 17 now if she existed.

You probably bumped into them all without even knowing. Let me see, Daniel was probably the lifeguard at the beach, with all the bikini clad girls hanging around him. Nicola, the horrible parking attendant who ticketed your car and laughed at you when you protested. You may have seen Alex coaching the junior baseball team in the park behind the beach or Rory playing taking a stroll with his wife Fran and their newborn baby girl. He'll be the one pushing the baby for sure. I'll leave the rest to your own imaginations. :gikkle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

There’s still that retired social worker that Robbie met when he ran away. I’m sure he’d have some ideas. Besides, we haven’t heard from him since those couple chapters when he kept Robbie from running away to Toronto. (Hint, hint.)  ;–)

I've hinted at him several times, but I've given up now. Hope you have more success.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I, too have wondered about the nude portrait incident, I don't see a dedicated artist giving up on a beautiful model that easily. Prediction: Alex will shortly come over to the gay side. Sex with men is totally addicting. However, he will also succumb to his brother's drugs and end up as a bottom in the penitentiary with a sentence for "possession with intent to sell". As soon as Nathan figures out how to have M\M sex he will become a maniac (the good kind) and, after many incidents of an on and off relationship, will settle down to loving Robbie and the couple adopting twins.

By the way, the description of symptoms of cum-eye in the comments section of  the story chapter is based upon experience, but I will not go into any more detail than that. Mister Will

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another issue arises in my mind about the differences between Canadians and those of us living to their south to whom I will refer as 'Americans' though that usage may have a tendency to upset the northerners as Canada is also an American country as is Mexico. I do this merely as a matter of convenience.

I have heard that Canadians consider soccer a 'girlie sport'. Question, which sport do they replace it with as being masculine? Lacross comes to mind, but I am willing to consider a Canuck's opinion. Certainly not American style football as this is hardly played in Canada. I have been led to believe that the War of 1812 is considered a major conflict in Canada, while Americans hardly consider it at all.

Mister Will

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Troll Alert: the word groyne is appropriate for a construction of rocks projecting out into a body of water used to control beach erosion. The word looked for here is the groin, a part of the male anatomy near the juncture of the thigh and the body (although groyne is acceptable as an alternative spelling).

Lacrosse is the second most popular sport played in Canada. (Hockey is the most popular with other North American sports such as football and baseball trailing far behind).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is a really cool -- and funny -- response to my question Quaker. May I call you that? Great sense of humor. especially because Soccer is well down on the list of popular sports in Canada, and I have a peck of trouble in my house as my Portuguese partner insists that Soccer is an improper name for that game. In Portuguese, the game is spelled as 'football' but pronounced foo-che ball.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

Quaker. May I call you that?

That’s a first! Usually they ‘misspell’ it with Caps, call me drought, or abbreviate it to dq. I’ll answer to any and all of them!  ;–)

Edited by Former Member
55 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

Troll Alert: the word groyne is appropriate for a construction of rocks projecting out into a body of water used to control beach erosion.

:huh:  don't you mean Nerd Alert ?  :lol: Troll is something quite different on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Will Hawkins said:

I have heard that Canadians consider soccer a 'girlie sport'. Question, which sport do they replace it with as being masculine? Lacross comes to mind, but I am willing to consider a Canuck's opinion. Certainly not American style football as this is hardly played in Canada. I have been led to believe that the War of 1812 is considered a major conflict in Canada, while Americans hardly consider it at all.

Hockey is the most popular sport in Canada. I don't think anyone would argue with that statement. In high school we played hockey, baseball and Canadian football (slightly different from the American version). The girls also had hockey and baseball teams but played soccer instead of football. Basketball, a game invented in Canada, was another popular sport at school, played indoors during the winter months. I can't remember ever playing soccer in high school in Canada, but in England we played it every week. Rugby was the only other team sport we played and that was very rare.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have used the word troll in the meaning of a small, ugly, mean creature who lives under a bridge and nips at the bare toes of authors as they cross with their stories over toward publication. Nerd, to me, has a different meaning. Though it is close;  A nerd is a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.  Another suggestion that has been made is a pedant: a person who is overly concerned with formal rules and trivial points of learning.

I like 'pedant' better as it is not quite as evil a person as a nerd. My suggestions are meant innocently enough; as a means of helping editors especially in their work of correcting English usage of authors. The work of an author is to be creative, to write an interesting story, It is the work of the editor to correct the authoring language prior to publication

• Like 3
  • Love 1