[Sasha Distan] Tiger Winter

what was the MUSH! that you saw?

there were glimpses of MUSH!? Really? This was written and completed well before we started MUSH! that must have been accidental - do tell more. Meet me in the forum!

LOL, I came running over here as soon as I saw your reply.

Well, first of all Emmett's brother was cuddling a 'Siberian-mix husky' but what really made me think MUSH! was this passage:

“Think of something happy. I got a B+ on my latest English paper. We had to write a historical account from the point of view of someone from history. I’ve been reading that awesome book you left here last time – about the history of the Iditarod?” Emmett knew the book by memory alone: a dark blue spine with a grainy black and white image of Balto, the more famous of the two lead dogs who had run much of the route to bring vital antitoxin to the town of Nome. It was called The Cruellest Miles, which Emmett thought was rather fitting as he had now travelled over much of the same land, though not by dog sled. “So I wrote mine from Leonard Seppala’s perspective. Miss Hammond really liked it.”

I can clearly recall much of MUSH! being about the sled dog shifters planning to run the Iditarod Race. So I immediately thought Emmett might know the clan if he's been up there.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

I can clearly recall much of MUSH! being about the sled dog shifters planning to run the Iditarod Race. So I immidiately thought Emmett might know the clan if he's been up there.

Haha! Yeah, so the time line goes like this.

I started developing Emmett's character, then I went online and bought a bunch of books I thought he'd like. I read them. I've always loved the Iditarod, but after reading The Cruellest Miles, the MUSH! guys started to form up beautifully. I started writing MUSH! immediately after i finished TW, and I think I didn't give myself a big enough gap, which is why I couldn't finish it.

I can always rely on you to join the dots!

• Like 2

LOL, I came running over here as soon as I saw your reply.

Well, first of all Emmett's brother was cuddling a 'Siberian-mix husky' but what really made me think MUSH! was this passage:

“Think of something happy. I got a B+ on my latest English paper. We had to write a historical account from the point of view of someone from history. I’ve been reading that awesome book you left here last time – about the history of the Iditarod?” Emmett knew the book by memory alone: a dark blue spine with a grainy black and white image of Balto, the more famous of the two lead dogs who had run much of the route to bring vital antitoxin to the town of Nome. It was called The Cruellest Miles, which Emmett thought was rather fitting as he had now travelled over much of the same land, though not by dog sled. “So I wrote mine from Leonard Seppala’s perspective. Miss Hammond really liked it.”

I can clearly recall much of MUSH! being about the sled dog shifters planning to run the Iditarod Race. So I immediately thought Emmett might know the clan if he's been up there.

Brilliant, Holmes, you always have things figured out from the tiniest detail ... ;)

• Like 3

Haha! Yeah, so the time line goes like this.

I started developing Emmett's character, then I went online and bought a bunch of books I thought he'd like. I read them. I've always loved the Iditarod, but after reading The Cruellest Miles, the MUSH! guys started to form up beautifully. I started writing MUSH! immediately after i finished TW, and I think I didn't give myself a big enough gap, which is why I couldn't finish it.

I can always rely on you to join the dots!

Seems like I have to read another story of yours :-) I just finished Ladies Man. You know, I would read almost everything what Tim suggests :-P

I saw a documentary about the diphtheria in Nome, I have to look it up again. (It was centered around Togo, not Balto)

Edited by glitteryantlers
  • Like 3

Seems like I have to read another story of yours :-) I just finished Ladies Man. You know, I would read almost everything what Tim suggests :-P

I saw a documentary about the diphtheria in Nome, I have to look it up again. (It was centered around Togo, not Balto)

that's because Togo was actually the lead dog who did the most work, but since Balto was the one who showed up with the anti-toxin in Nome, and he had cool distinctive markings, he was the one who got famous.

I don't feel so bad for Togo and Leonard Seppala though, because after making a film about the run, Balto and his team were sold, and sold, and sold again, and ended their days caged in a roadside museum in the sweltering heat in very poor conditions. Unfortunately Alaska doesn't have the positive and loving history with dogs everyone thinks it does, and whilst they are hugely valued, in the past they were massively mistreated. The reason a lot of dog teams heading north during the gold rush were so incredibly huge was so that they could be killed and eaten along the way.

As far as I remember from the book, Togo and his master went back to work running through the Interior, and never thought about being famous ever again.

• Like 3

Question (which I won't be answering, you'll just have to guess):

Is Emmett going to get it together enough to ask Jian out before or after Christmas?

During Christmas I'd say.

I can picture it: Jian fitting right with Emmett's family, seing him being comfortable in the wilderness, the snow, all that Emmet likes. Emmett won't be able to resist and definitely fall for Jian :D

You must have so much fun seeing us guessing, torturing us like this <_<

Edited by clochette
  • Like 3

Question (which I won't be answering, you'll just have to guess):

Is Emmett going to get it together enough to ask Jian out before or after Christmas?

I don't think Emmett will (need to) ask Jian out at all. They'll simply become mates when Jian claims the confused bear once and for all.

Oh, and I bet Jian and Emmett's brother will become great friends.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Did you know, there is a cartoon about a polar bear and a panda??????

I'm totally reading it as a bromance between Emmett an Joyous Rain :-P

That is wonderful! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing!! :P

• Like 1

I don't think Emmett will (need to) ask Jian out at all. They'll simply become mates when Jian claims the confused bear once and for all.

Oh, and I bet Jian and Emmett's brother will become great friends.

I found the perfect Christmas gift for Emmett's little brother:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/pandanpolarbear/works/11610898-polar-bear-silhouette-portrait?p=t-shirt&ref=artist_shop_grid

but this is cute too:

cute-curious-polar-bear-cub-by-cheerful-

Edited by glitteryantlers
  • Like 2

Ok - now how the hell did I get this forum un-followed??? If I didn't get curious as to why no one was posting here I would never have known! As it is I missed several weeks of comments!

you can't surf on a beach. Surfing is for the waves!

But hey, reading is better than partying, who knew?

I did! I did!  Tim and I can sit on the beach together reading while you guys surf.

You must have so much fun seeing us guessing, torturing us like this <_<

Do you have any idea how hard it is not to give things away when you guys start guessing. Most guesses don't wind me up, but when one of you comes close to correct or are so far out in left field I wonder if you are reading the story I edited, It is all I can do not to comment!  Wings has suggested a pair of mittens by the computer for those times. No fingers free no typing!

:huh: Why does the panda get all wobbly or shocked at the bear licking the phone? :unsure:

Pandas are prim and proper creatures.

• Like 5

Ok - now how the hell did I get this forum un-followed??? If I didn't get curious as to why no one was posting here I would never have known! As it is I missed several weeks of comments!

I did! I did!  Tim and I can sit on the beach together reading while you guys surf.

Great Idea, Sis. :D Or I can write and you can edit. :gikkle:

• Like 1