I love that you knew exactly who I was thinking of. :D

We spend WAY too much time together. Clearly.

Now all you need is a character with superpowers to open portals between your worlds and create a full-on comic cook crossover.

NO! NEVER NEVER NEVER!

I can actually imagine the carnage. No. You want me to end up a shivering wreck in a mental asylum somewhere? You're crazy boy.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

We spend WAY too much time together. Clearly.

NO! NEVER NEVER NEVER!

I can actually imagine the carnage. No. You want me to end up a shivering wreck in a mental asylum somewhere? You're crazy boy.

I don't know Sasha, before you started screaming and yanking out your hair, Spikey's idea sounded like fun. You know, he is very insightful. 

• Like 3

I don't know Sasha, before you started screaming and yanking out your hair, Spikey's idea sounded like fun. You know, he is very insightful. 

Do not underestimate my ability to commit murder over the internet. :no::facepalm:

• Like 3

Well remembered.

So RAB, AWAHM, BSandUL all exist in the same universe, along with Wolf in the Rectory, Sanctuary, and technically the Best Circle of Hell too (but don't tell the demons, or they'll run riot). Instantly (which was an American songbook track) also lives in this universe (Sashaworld 1)

Summer Camp, Tiger Winter, and Falling for a Bear all exist in the same, different universe (Sashaworld 2)

Born Wolf exists in a world all it's own.

Pretty much everything else resides in Sashaland, where there are more gay cowboys than you can shake a stick at, and almost everyone gets a happily ever after

I'd imagined myself living in Sashaworld 1, but there're demons there !!

:screaming: :screaming: :screaming:

All sounds abruptly cut off with minimal scuffling ... (guess what happened) :(

• Like 2

Yeah, even the bad guys, sometimes. ;)

Nate wasn't a bad guy, per se, he was confused, uneducated, and encouraged to be a homophobic jerk. He was, in almost every way, a product of his upbringing.

I love that you knew exactly who I was thinking of. :D

Will someone please remind me who Nate was ? So that I could go and re-read that story ?

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I'd imagined myself living in Sashaworld 1, but there're demons there !!

:screaming: :screaming: :screaming:

All sounds abruptly cut off with minimal scuffling ... (guess what happened) :(

I don't want to guess in case I meet the same fate. My advice to you Hoho is to find a safer Sashaworld - I'm sure it's out there somewhere....

• Like 2

These are two of my all time favorite stories!   :worship:

I've read Ladies Man probably 4 times?  And Lonely 2 or 3.

I live real close to Austin, and I swear, every once in a while, I'll see Ashlee and Clem.  Either at the Farmers Market, or at one of the small town Market Days that are so popular in small town Texas.

I highly recommend that you read them.  In fact all the tracks of American Songbook are wonderful!

• Like 5

Argh ! I can't take it anymore ! The antics of Hrishi and Marty (especially him) are so DAMN frustrating ... so much so that I've left a rather unflattering review for the latest chapter (10) ... OKAY, I'm prejudiced against rough sex ... THERE, I've admitted it, reading such scenes leave a bad taste in my mouth ... YUCK ... Will the two of them ever get to the point of LIKING each other and have a NORMAL conversation ?

Now I AM the one who should be committed (to a psychiatric ward) ...

:unsure2:

p.s. I sincerely apologise to Sasha for sounding ungrateful for your efforts. You're an amazing author, :thankyou:

• Like 2

These are two of my all time favorite stories!   :worship:

I've read Ladies Man probably 4 times?  And Lonely 2 or 3.

I live real close to Austin, and I swear, every once in a while, I'll see Ashlee and Clem.  Either at the Farmers Market, or at one of the small town Market Days that are so popular in small town Texas.

I highly recommend that you read them.  In fact all the tracks of American Songbook are wonderful!

I'm so glad you see them around! I don't, but then, I'm not in Austin. I saw Maxie and Jesse (The Wall and Goat) once while I was driving to work, and that shocked me. But it was so nice.

Love Clem, he's such a good bloke.

Argh ! I can't take it anymore ! The antics of Hrishi and Marty (especially him) are so DAMN frustrating ... so much so that I've left a rather unflattering review for the latest chapter (10) ... OKAY, I'm prejudiced against rough sex ... THERE, I've admitted it, reading such scenes leave a bad taste in my mouth ... YUCK ... Will the two of them ever get to the point of LIKING each other and have a NORMAL conversation ?

Now I AM the one who should be committed (to a psychiatric ward) ...

:unsure2:

p.s. I sincerely apologise to Sasha for sounding ungrateful for your efforts. You're an amazing author, :thankyou:

That's rough sex???

Are they ever going to have a 'normal' conversation? Probably not....

• Like 3

Reading chapter 10 again, before tackling today's chapter. I'm still wobbly on the names and instruments of the band members. But surely there is something wrong with this sentence in the beginning: Leon is a great drummer... ?

Isn't Leon the singer and Jerome the drummer?  :unsure: 

• Like 2

Reading chapter 10 again, before tackling today's chapter. I'm still wobbly on the names and instruments of the band members. But surely there is something wrong with this sentence in the beginning: Leon is a great drummer... ?

Isn't Leon the singer and Jerome the drummer?  :unsure: 

Fixed. Thanks Tim

Leon - frontman, lead vocals, rhythm guitar

Marty - backing vocals, lead guitar, rhythm guitar

Aaron - bass

Jerome - drums

There was something wonderful about the tempo changes in Chapter 11: the intensity of the physical relationship and the sex, the intimacy of Marty singing to Hrishi followed by Leon's bursting in on the moment. It could have all come off as a comic opera and yet it didn't.  Good on you Sasha

Thank you Rndm, thank you so much xxx

There was something wonderful about the tempo changes in Chapter 11: the intensity of the physical relationship and the sex, the intimacy of Marty singing to Hrishi followed by Leon's bursting in on the moment. It could have all come off as a comic opera and yet it didn't.  Good on you Sasha

Yes I agree - and Leon bursting in on them was a holy crap moment, like Reader said. On the other hand, it could have been worse. He could have arrived while they were 'coding' or it could have been Marty's parents - though I seem to recall they never visit that part of the house? :unsure:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Yes I agree - and Leon bursting in on them was a holy crap moment, like Reader said. On the other hand, it could have been worse. He could have arrived while they were 'coding' or it could have been Marty's parents - though I seem to recall they never visit that part of the house? :unsure:

Marty's parents would have to be home, to care enough to go into the east wing, and have impeccable timing to pull that off. Unlikely if not impossible. poor kid has jerks for parents.

• Like 2

I've just had an epiphany, Marty would have very poor intimate relationship skills because he had been taught by the worst (best) - his horrible parents ... They had set one bad example after another ... The boy was in a no win situation on the home front ... :(

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I've just had an epiphany, Marty would have very poor intimate relationship skills because he had been taught by the worst (best) - his horrible parents ... They had set one bad example after another ... The boy was in a no win situation on the home front ... :(

I agree. Very sound reasoning on your part, Hoho.  :thumbup:

• Like 3

Yup. We learn from the people around us, and Marty has done well to be as normal as he is.

• Like 2

Well the cat is out of the bag now ...

WTF ? So that creep / pervert / predator Tommy ruined any chance of Leon exploring his other side with Marty ... BUT seriously, I'd forgive Leon for shooting off his mouth because of that traumatic near assault ... That bastard also crushed the boys, just a bit, by his subsequent action, someone should seek him out and beat him to a pulp !

• Like 3

Well the cat is out of the bag now ...

WTF ? So that creep / pervert / predator Tommy ruined any chance of Leon exploring his other side with Marty ... BUT seriously, I'd forgive Leon for shooting off his mouth because of that traumatic near assault ... That bastard also crushed the boys, just a bit, by his subsequent action, someone should seek him out and beat him to a pulp !

I don't think there was ever any chance of Leon being into guys, but certainly a chance of him being muss less openly homophobic and uncomfortable.

I feel a bit bad, because I based Tommy, and that gig, off a real gig and a real band (who I adore) and real life Tommy is not only super gorgeous but also super nice (and gave me a hug after the show when we got to meet them). My boyfriend (of the time, I was only 17 then) and I lusted after him in tandem for a little bit.

• Like 4