Dissonance By Macgreg

Im just worried that even though Ben's heart is in this with Travis, his head might take longer to sync and get the best of him. Right now they are in a sort of bubble. Yes, they are honest, but when Ben goes back to Hollywood, how long before his head conjures up dreams like that again. Maybe Travis says something and he takes it wrong.. It's that trust thing at least for me. So much story there.. 

Then an there is the title of the story. It could be they end up together against all odds, or they don't.  I think I would not be so disappointed if they couldn't make it work. Don't get me wrong I'd like for nothing else than them to be together. But Mac writes this story so well, I think I'm prepared either way.. 

• Like 4

Im just worried that even though Ben's heart is in this with Travis, his head might take longer to sync and get the best of him. Right now they are in a sort of bubble. Yes, they are honest, but when Ben goes back to Hollywood, how long before his head conjures up dreams like that again. Maybe Travis says something and he takes it wrong.. It's that trust thing at least for me. So much story there.. 

Then an there is the title of the story. It could be they end up together against all odds, or they don't.  I think I would not be so disappointed if they couldn't make it work. Don't get me wrong I'd like for nothing else than them to be together. But Mac writes this story so well, I think I'm prepared either way.. 

I bet Ben's head WON'T cooperate with his heart because even though he's supportive right now, that's a lot of stuff to deal with and he's assuming that Travis is done with doing *things* for $$ - but does Travis agree with that? It would interfere with his financial plan. And once Ben's back in Hollywood doing his celebrity spotlight thing I can't imagine he'll be *out* any time soon. The story's title is not hopeful, as you pointed out Defiance. But also like you said- however it plays out I'm sure Mac will get us there in style. REgardless of how it ends, it's a good story.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

This chapter gave me hope.  Mac is scaring me by saying he doesn't usually write HEAs.  ;)  lol I'm still hoping for one for these guys, though.  This story just gets better and better.  I loved the growth Ben and Travis  both showed in this chapter.  I can totally see them being domestic together. :) 

• Like 4

It seems like big winds of change are coming but also Ben and Travis are closer, so I'm hoping they can weather through it. There are cliffhangers though, which makes me anxious for the next chapter.

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/macgreg/dissonance/22

Totally anxious... As in please post the next chapter tomorrow... It's been idling in my mind all morning.. 

This chapter gave me hope.  Mac is scaring me by saying he doesn't usually write HEAs.   ;)  lol I'm still hoping for one for these guys, though.  This story just gets better and better.  I loved the growth Ben and Travis  both showed in this chapter.  I can totally see them being domestic together. :)

You caught that too, about the HEA's... Sigh.. I agree with you about the story and I quite like the domesticity between the two. 

• Like 4

This chapter gave me hope.  Mac is scaring me by saying he doesn't usually write HEAs.   ;)  lol I'm still hoping for one for these guys, though.  This story just gets better and better.  I loved the growth Ben and Travis  both showed in this chapter.  I can totally see them being domestic together. :)

I'm really hoping he takes a chance on an HEA with this one. I'll be happy with the story either way but I'd really like to see Ben and Travis work out against the odds.

Totally anxious... As in please post the next chapter tomorrow... It's been idling in my mind all morning.. 

You caught that too, about the HEA's... Sigh.. I agree with you about the story and I quite like the domesticity between the two. 

The wait is hard but I know it'll be worth it because it'll be another great chapter ahead. Although I have no idea what's coming next, which is also hard!

I'm hoping Ben will come out with a bang, since his mother already knows.

It'll be interesting to see what Ben's decision/reaction is once he's off the ranch and away from Travis. I'm hoping for continued honesty but the pressures he'll face in the spotlight will no doubt be challenging. Keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...

I wonder what ever happened to LarryT who started this thread... Here one minute, gone the next. Anyway, thanks for reminding me about it, @Wayne Gray.

Thought I'd share this video by Colorado artist Gregory Alan Isakov. The song and imagery capture the landscape and ambiance of Dissonance well. Enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To prove that I am writing, one little sneak peek:

While chewing his fingernails down to the core, worst-case scenarios of Travis' condition had consumed him - lung collapse, heart failure, chest surgery, coma. If Travis lay dead on the fucking operating-room table, would someone come out to give him the news...? Alarmist imagination was an ugly pit to fall into and difficult to pull yourself out of once you'd nosedived. Ben resented being at the mercy of the hospital rules, and he especially hated the thought of never talking to Travis again. Losing Travis now, when he'd only just found the man, was too painful to consider.

• Wow 2
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

While chewing his fingernails down to the core, worst-case scenarios of Travis' condition had consumed him - lung collapse, heart failure, chest surgery, coma. If Travis lay dead on the fucking operating-room table, would someone come out to give him the news...? Alarmist imagination was an ugly pit to fall into and difficult to pull yourself out of once you'd nosedived. Ben resented being at the mercy of the hospital rules, and he especially hated the thought of never talking to Travis again. Losing Travis now, when he'd only just found the man, was too painful to consider.

That was remarkably unhelpful to alleviate my trepidation.

Unintentional, I'm sure.  😉

• Haha 1
  • Site Administrator
17 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Please have "soon?" mean "soon".  As in now.  Or tomorrow.  Or yesterday.  :unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

"I can quit anytime I want."  Wayne tapped his fingers on the glass before him on the table, the motion obviously nervous and agitated.

"Anytime, huh?"  The slightly amused quality in the tone irritated Wayne.

"Yes.  Anytime."  Wayne sniffed.  "I just don't want to."

Where's our fix, Mac?!

Edit: I mean... thank you for writing this engaging story, fellow author.  😳

Edited by Wayne Gray
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

"I can quit anytime I want."  Wayne tapped his fingers on the glass before him on the table, the motion obviously nervous and agitated.

Where's our fix, Mac?!

Is there something we should know about you, Wayne? Hmm... :P 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Where's our fix, Mac?!

I wish I knew how to quit you.

• Haha 1