Count As High As Possible Before A Mod/Admin Posts

The Chernobyl disaster was a nuclear accident that occurred on Saturday 26 April 1986, at the No. 4 reactor in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, near the city of Pripyat in the north of Ukraine. 

It is considered the worst nuclear disaster in history both in terms of cost and casualties, and is one of only two nuclear energy accidents rated at seven - the maximum severity - on the International Nuclear Event Scale; the other being the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster in Japan.

1987 (MCMLXXXVII) was a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1987th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 987th year of the 2nd millennium, the 87th year of the 20th century, and the 8th year of the 1980s decade.

89 tells the incredible story of one of football's greatest triumphs: when against all odds Arsenal snatched the Championship title from Liverpool at Anfield in the last minute of the last game of the 1988/89 season.

On 9th November 1990 Mary Robinson was elected the seventh President of Ireland, and was the first woman to hold that post.

I actually cut short a visit to The Netherlands to vote in that election. When the results were announced, my Dutch friend with whom I had been staying announced that I had wasted my time going home to vote, as whichever man she assumed I had voted for obviously hadn't got elected (it was a 3 person race: 2 men and 1 woman). She was surprised when I said "But the woman I came back to vote for did get elected."

94 is the atomic number of plutonium, named after the (then) planet Pluto, since uranium (atomic number 92) had been named after Uranus, and neptunium (atomic number 93) after Neptune.

(You had me initially confused as to the meaning of "Moi" in your earlier reply, @clochette:rofl:  Then I remembered you are French :yes:)

Edited by Marty
  • Haha 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

100 is the sum of the cubes of the first four positive integers (1, 2, 3, and 4)

13 equals 1 (1 x 1 x 1)

23 equals 8 (2 x 2 x 2)

33 equals 27 (3 x 3 x 3)

43 equals 64 (4 x 4 x 4)

1 + 8 + 27 + 64 = 100

So 100 = 13 + 23 + 33 + 43)

104 is a primitive semiperfect number and a composite number, with its divisors being 1, 2, 4, 8, 13, 26, 52 and 104. As it has 8 divisors total, and father 8 is one of those divisors, 104 is a refactorable number. The distinct prime factors of 104 add up to 15, and so do the ones of 105, hence the two numbers form a Ruth-Aaron pair under the first definition.

106 Text Emergency Call, commonly known as simply 106, is the Australian national emergency telephone number to be used in life threatening or time critical situations for those with a speech and/or hearing impairment who use telecommunications device for the deaf (textphone or teletypewriter (TTY)). It is run by the emergency telephone operator for the National Relay Service (NRS); formerly the Australian Communications Exchange (ACE), a non-profit organisation that provided the relay services component for the NRS. 106 can only be used by people with a TTY/textphone, or a computer with terminal software (TTY imitation software) and a modem. 106 calls are given priority over other calls handled by the National Relay Service. 106 is a free-to-call number.

• Like 3