New Blog Feature?

• Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

I'd like to have it put into the blog by the December 20th (I have family coming in so trying to get everything done i can ahead of time)

I can have something for you by then. 

On 12/10/2017 at 5:28 AM, Renee Stevens said:

I actually think i featured yours last month and just forgot to cross it off.

You did, but not very many people noticed, including @Wicked Witch

Maybe you could add links to the features in the list ? Then it would be easier to find them, if we missed seeing them at the time they were posted.

Edited by Timothy M.
On 10/12/2017 at 7:55 PM, Timothy M. said:

You did, but not very many people noticed, including @Wicked Witch

Maybe you could add links to the features in the list ? The it would be easier to find them, if we missed seeing them at the time they were posted.

Oh sorry! I haven't been on gA for an age due to RL. :) Thank you a ton @comicfan

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
On 12/8/2017 at 6:37 PM, Renee Stevens said:

Thank you, Val! I'll schedule it :)

I have a little bit more to do on my write-up.  I'll have it to you tomorrow, if that's ok.  Sorry for the delay.  The bulk of it is done, but there's some areas I need to give a little more thought to. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Hey, Renee. I'm late to this party. Add me to the project. Is @Sam Wyer still the last name on the list? Should I go read his stuff before I start the weekend? I may be useless for a few days after NYE

LOL

Hey Carlos, yep, you've got Sam Wyer! I've added you to the master list in the first post :)

• Like 1
Just now, Renee Stevens said:

Hey Carlos, yep, you've got Sam Wyer! I've added you to the master list in the first post :)

I need a break from writing so I'll start reading this afternoon. But I'm reading your Puppy Love first. Considering how much your writing ends up influencing mine I want to see an early effort from you. Next time Mann picks on me maybe I can point at your story and claim I'm still learning! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I need a break from writing so I'll start reading this afternoon. But I'm reading your Puppy Love first. Considering how much your writing ends up influencing mine I want to see an early effort from you. Next time Mann picks on me maybe I can point at your story and claim I'm still learning! :)

I think Puppy Love was only the second story I ever wrote (Eternity was the first)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

But I'm reading your Puppy Love first. Considering how much your writing ends up influencing mine I want to see an early effort from you. Next time Mann picks on me maybe I can point at your story and claim I'm still learning! :)

If he leaves nasty comments about your writings, @Renee Stevens, you can always get back at him by closing the topic and do a critique on one of his stories. :lmao: 

• Haha 1
Just now, Timothy M. said:

If he leaves nasty comments about your writings, @Renee Stevens, you can always get back at him by closing the topic and do a critique on one of his stories. :lmao: 

LOL. Unfortunately, I know that Puppy Love needs some work to clean it up... It's got head hopping (EEK!!!), author voice, etc.

• Like 2
Just now, Renee Stevens said:

LOL. Unfortunately, I know that Puppy Love needs some work to clean it up... It's got head hopping (EEK!!!), author voice, etc.

Can't help you with the beta stuff, but let me know if you want me to put my editor cap on while reading. Of course, that might be more effective after a rewrite. ;) 

1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

Can't help you with the beta stuff, but let me know if you want me to put my editor cap on while reading. Of course, that might be more effective after a rewrite. ;) 

Thank you, Tim! Might take you up on that. I'm going to be really careful about not changing much of the story line itself, because before Trebs passed away, we were talking about me doing a revision and he told me then that the story line was strong and he really hoped that I didn't change too much of the story itself.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I should gather Mann's comments and publish them. Half are perverted remarks about what CJ and the others are or are not doing. The other half includes plenty of sarcastic comments about names being overused in dialogue, author's voice, and filtering. At least he's no longer picking on me about POV issues. Took me a while to get those under control. But you know what? I wouldn't trade him for somebody else. I'm kinda happy with 1810, Kitt, and Mann :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I should gather Mann's comments and publish them. Half are perverted remarks about what CJ and the others are or are not doing. The other half includes plenty of sarcastic comments about names being overused in dialogue, author's voice, and filtering. At least he's no longer picking on me about POV issues. Took me a while to get those under control. But you know what? I wouldn't trade him for somebody else. I'm kinda happy with 1810, Kitt, and Mann :D

I've only worked extensively with Mann out of those three, but he's awesome! I always know that if he puts a comment in, there's a good reason for it, and it's something I should look closely at.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 12:52 PM, Kitt said:

Don't sign me up for the critique thing, but if you would like editing help I am here Renee!

On 12/27/2017 at 1:17 PM, Renee Stevens said:

Thank you, Kitt!

@Renee Stevens make sure you take out almost every "that" you have in your story, @Kitt HATES that hehehe @Carlos Hazday and I were talking a while ago and I told him I had thought about sending Kitt a document claiming to be a chapter to edit that had nothing but "that" repeated ....I would repeat it like 5,000 times just for you Kitt....I love y'all and y'all know it :heart::boy:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, JayT said:

@Renee Stevens make sure you take out almost every "that" you have in your story, @Kitt HATES that hehehe @Carlos Hazday and I were talking a while ago and I told him I had thought about sending Kitt a document claiming to be a chapter to edit that had nothing but "that" repeated ....I would repeat it like 5,000 times just for you Kitt....I love y'all and y'all know it :heart::boy:

:gikkle: they don't call me the that Nazi for nothing!

• Like 2