The search is on for a beta

I'm presently working on two vastly different projects but I'm going to list both here in hopes of finding a brave soul to read and rip things apart before I go begging for an editor to fix everything again once the beta and I have finished. This is for the longer project.

Project 1 - Dragon's Hoard

Presently two complete chapters of an on going project.

Needed - Someone willing to give honest opinions and feed back. I'm not perfect or a prima donna. Being told that the story is wonderful is always nice, but not looking to have my ego stroked. Need someone not afraid to grab their red pen and tell me where I have too much detail or not enough. Am I getting my point across or as a reader are you lost? My writing usually involves fantasy and relationships. If this doesn't interest you feel free to skip this request. Because this isn't finished yet I can't say how long the story will be. Most of my stories go between six to twelve chapters, so if you agree just be aware of the full project. Don't be afraid to keep on me for more, this will not go to the editor or be put on site until complete. 

Sample -

Seth strode nervously back and forth before the large fireplace. Something was bothering him and he couldn’t figure out what it was. He paused before a large window, staring out into the dark night, watching the snow swirl as it fell past him. The trees waved their skeletal limbs in the wind that was blowing.
“I don’t know what is wrong, but I intend to find out,” he whispered  to himself.
Grabbing his jacket from the chair, Seth nearly flew across the room, slipping it on as he headed out into the hallway. He found himself nearly running down the hall, but as he reached the stairway he stopped and looked around.
“Come out, Daniel. I know you are there.
A shadow seemed to move from the hallway and suddenly a tall thin man in a dark suit stood before Seth.
“You called for me, Sir.” Daniel stood at perfect attention, appearing as though this late night mission was a common occurrence.
Seth shook his head. “Something is wrong, Daniel. I’m not sure what it is. Have the men check the property immediately!”
“Yes, Sir. Right away, Sir!”
Seth watched as Daniel nearly flew down the staircase and vanished from view. As he made his way down the stairs he sense that something was wrong only increased. He took a deep breath, and removed his coat. He crossed over to the lounge, opening the door wide, and turned on all the lights in the room. He tossed his coat on the nearest chair and looked around the room. Then, to keep himself occupied, he worked on lighting the fire in the fireplace.
“Who left all the lights on? I’ll have … oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there, Angel.”
Seth looked up to find Valerie standing in the doorway. Her raven tresses now shot through with silver, did little to mar her beauty. She stood straight as a tree, but her figure was still that of young maid. Her smile gave no trace of her age, but she had been his nursemaid, teacher, and was one of the few people that Seth could count on growing up.

If this interests you feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Wayne aka comicfan

• Like 1

I'd be very happy to help you out. Dragons and fantasy are two of my favourite topics, and I'd be interested to give it a go and see what I can bring to the table.

Though I haven't done formal beta reading for anyone on GA yet, I've helped a few friends go over their writing, so I'm not totally awful. Let me know if you'd like my help! :) No insult taken if not.