Elevators aside, I think the farm was perfect. Plus the incentive of additional income from renting the land to other farmers is awesome. I can see them turning part of the barn into a gym, and leaving the rest for a "horse and a dog." I recently read where, some disabled vets were making a lot of improvements, with Horseback riding. I can so easily see Don doing that with his Sports background. Yeah, it would be a change up, and he'd need to be strapped into the saddle but caring for a living animal, like a horse would do him a lot of good.

Thanks tim!

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Speaking of Don getting involved with new activities, an image of Don wheelchair racing popped into my my head after reading about him 

zooming down the hall in his wheelchair. 

Maybe he should leave the speed demon stuff alone for a bit, though. :unsure: 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Speaking of Don getting involved with new activities, an image of Don wheelchair racing popped into my my head after reading about him 

you can't keep some of em down ... 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Wheelchair basketball?

37 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

No, actual wheelchair races.

I envisioned electric wheelchairs at first - really don't know why - but Don has two good arms, so regular wheelchairs would be better, never mind safer, and more challenging. 

Wheelchair basketball sounds more likely, though. 

Actually, considering the Canadian National Obsession, Sled Hockey seems like the best fit!

4 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Elevators aside, I think the farm was perfect. Plus the incentive of additional income from renting the land to other farmers is awesome. I can see them turning part of the barn into a gym, and leaving the rest for a "horse and a dog." I recently read where, some disabled vets were making a lot of improvements, with Horseback riding. I can so easily see Don doing that with his Sports background. Yeah, it would be a change up, and he'd need to be strapped into the saddle but caring for a living animal, like a horse would do him a lot of good.

Thanks tim!

you all have such great ideas ... lets keep this part of the topic for another time, when we can properly discuss it!!  great stuff

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Hunter Thomson said:

Always happy to be of service.

Let's all count the milliseconds until that's taken out of context ;)

um . maybe i'm boring but .. not by me

• Like 5
22 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

@mollyhousemouse mentioned something in her comment this week about someting i have issues with in stories and worried that i may have done with the house.  Now my wonderful editor @AC Benus  didn't pull me up on it so maybe its okay .. but i wondered about the house altogether.  It is perfect for them ... i hope it doesn't seem like too much of a miracle or coincidence. 

Funny, but I didn't think of the new house as being perfect or too-perfect at all. Mainly I suppose because as an urban couple into urban pursuits, Don and Louis would have to sacrifice the house they love and move into the country. And as our author states, it suddenly means lots of lost time for Louis to commute to and from work. I saw the new house as a sort of penance both men have to endure because of Don's desire to be a daredevil. 

Plus, Rena is shown as a smart cookie, and if there was a suitable ADA-accessable house anywhere within 50 miles, she'd suss it out tout suite :yes: 

My two cents :) 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

Funny, but I didn't think of the new house as being perfect or too-perfect at all. Mainly I suppose because as an urban couple into urban pursuits, Don and Louis would have to sacrifice the house they love and move into the country. And as our author states, it suddenly means lots of lost time for Louis to commute to and from work. I saw the new house as a sort of penance both men have to endure because of Don's desire to be a daredevil. 

Plus, Rena is shown as a smart cookie, and if there was a suitable ADA-accessable house anywhere within 50 miles, she'd suss it out tout suite :yes: 

My two cents :) 

Well said, bowing to the WISE one! 🤗

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Read, Liked, and Reviewed! 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ;)

Morning!  no download required!!  I woke up at 640am (late for me) and i thought 'oh no Reader needs to download Changes'   it was up by 7am as promised!

• Like 5