Hey everyone! 

I'm posting here to hopefully try to generate some more interaction between myself and people about my story. I'm a very inexperienced writer, and any honest advice is appreciated (but that's not why I'm posting this). I'm hoping to spark up a conversation about how you feel so far about Muscle Memory. As a writer, my readers' thoughts and feelings are a big part of what fuels me to continue this story. Feel free to share anything, whether it's relating to a certain character or their experiences, how you feel about a certain situation, or just if you want to ask me anything about Muscle Memory specifically or even my writing general. 

So, to try and get the ball rolling, here is some random thoughts I've compiled about how this all came about:

Muscle Memory is my very first attempt at writing fiction. Like, ever. Besides some poetry a few years back, I've never sat down and just written anything more than a few paragraphs, so starting this book was a bit daunting. Especially since I was just out of freshman year of highschool. I started the first chapter not really having any idea where it was going, but soon, a story started to take shape in my mind. 

Very quickly, I realized how much I loved characters. At times, I worry that there are so many in my book that they seem flat, or that there are too many for my readers to keep track of. It was definitely a risk going into my first writing experience with like 20 characters to juggle with, not to mention that I've basically made each character have something they are struggling with. Again, I worry that I'm losing depth by having so many different story arcs intertwining in my mind, but I also kind of love it. It's what I like in books. 

Another thing I wanted to mention is that somehow, I unexpectedly fell in love with the villain of my story. I love writing her, and I had lost hope for this story after, say, chapter 6, until one quiet night in late December, around 11 or 12, I was walking down this road and the song DNA by Lia Marie Johnson started playing through my earbuds. The song resonated deeply with me, and I also felt it tugging at something that I had put towards the back of my mind for 5 or so months. I realized that it was a newfound inspiration to give my character Alexa more depth. To do this, I felt as if she needed her own POV, which wasn't planned whatsoever. I've gotten pretty much only negative feedback on this, which saddens me, but now she is very important to the story as a whole. I've had people complain that it takes away too much from Wes and Ethan's story, which I disagree with. This is more than a romance to me. It's deeper. I feel that people who skip the Alexa chapters are missing an integral part of Muscle Memory. So regardless of how my readers feel, I still have a few more POV chapters planned. 

Anyway, I could go on for days about this, and that's enough rambling for now. Now it's your turn.

What are your thoughts? 

IMG_9282.thumb.JPG.11909befb00ae677b548645fb606ef8d.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, Dmrman said:

The thing is... Your obsession with Alexa as a focal point ...the challenge is the "why" your readers Should connect with her, Portraying this should be done unbias ... In other words, you already like her.. I got that...And it's not bad.. But you need to find the way to reflect it so your readers.. see , and feel the same..."Rush" you get from her... Look carefully at the why... and connect the Dots. I have watched many Authors bring in new/ OR EVEN several characters , and Mold them very well with the main Characters... The result are Magnificent spin off Stories... One that I believe is Excellent in doing this is "Carlos Hazday" Start with his story " Summer" which nicely flowed into #2 "Autumn" He has literally... Built and added other Books to this... Anyhow a great Example of "How To" :yes: Hope this Helps you if not...... disclaimer to follow...:gikkle::rofl:

I completely agree! I need to find a way to get my readers to enjoy reading through her as well. Thank you, I'll keep this in mind, and I hope I am successful :)

2 minutes ago, Dennis191 said:

Are there any new chapters?

Was missing you man. 

Yes sir, I just posted a new chapter called "The Quiet". I'm also working on the next one, which should be out soon! 

I've been missing you too, and writing. Life has been a, well, for lack of a better term, bitch. I had an amazing summer all the way up until I got wasted and fractured my spine in two places after a concert, and that hurt like hell. I planned on updating during recovery but never got around to it. Here I am, though :)

What about you? How're you?

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yes sir, I just posted a new chapter called "The Quiet". I'm also working on the next one, which should be out soon! 

I've been missing you too, and writing. Life has been a, well, for lack of a better term, bitch. I had an amazing summer all the way up until I got wasted and fractured my spine in two places after a concert, and that hurt like hell. I planned on updating during recovery but never got around to it. Here I am, though :)

What about you? How're you?

Wow... That's a mess...

Hoping you recovered or will recover completely.

I'm still kicking ass and still alive. LOL

Anyway I'll get around to it tonight. :)

3 minutes ago, Dennis191 said:

Wow... That's a mess...

Hoping you recovered or will recover completely.

I'm still kicking ass and still alive. LOL

Anyway I'll get around to it tonight. :)

Haha yeah I'm mostly recovered now. I've mostly been writing on the bus, as I got accepted into a nursing program which I'm super excited about, but I'm gonna try and get this next chapter out sometime this weekend!