New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

On 5/14/2018 at 6:22 AM, Larry Davis said:

Hello everyone. 

Welcome Larry! You‘ll  find many wonderful stories and a fantastic group of people here on GA. The staff is top notch and always there to assist. I’m jp.

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Good day, everyone. It's a pleasure to be here. 👋😁

I've wanted to write a kind of romance story for a long, long time. But every time I try it either ends up getting much longer than I expect or I get caught up in a writer's block. Will this time be different? I sure hope so! I've got one in the pipeline at the moment. Progress is slow as I like to approach my writing methodically, which may be part of the reason why I never managed to put anything substantial out there. I've read articles regarding how it can be better to just launch straight in and let the momentum do the work but as much as I agree it's feasible I tend to overthink and can't adjust to that mindset.

But, I digress. I'll do my best to deliver something polished that both I and any potential readers enjoy, even though it may be a while before I do so. Thanks for having me GA! See you guys around. 😀

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, FindThySky said:

Good day, everyone. It's a pleasure to be here. 👋😁

I've wanted to write a kind of romance story for a long, long time. But every time I try it either ends up getting much longer than I expect or I get caught up in a writer's block. Will this time be different? I sure hope so! I've got one in the pipeline at the moment. Progress is slow as I like to approach my writing methodically, which may be part of the reason why I never managed to put anything substantial out there. I've read articles regarding how it can be better to just launch straight in and let the momentum do the work but as much as I agree it's feasible I tend to overthink and can't adjust to that mindset.

But, I digress. I'll do my best to deliver something polished that both I and any potential readers enjoy, even though it may be a while before I do so. Thanks for having me GA! See you guys around. 😀

Welcome! It’s s great community here, for readers and writers alike. Lots of people here will support authors with questions or in need of a bit outside reflection. I’m very glad you’re here. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Jwalk19610 said:

Hi. I'm a new member but I guess I don't feel like one. I've been reading stories on this site and others like it for many years.  I just finally decided to stop being a wallflower and start dancing I guess.  Seeing as these stories and authors are really almost the only things I have left in life I guess it was the next logical step. Anyway...I'm glad to be here and be a part of something. Thank u so much to all of u talented authors for what u do and give of yourselves. 😀 

Like I said in the other thread, welcome to GA, glad that you're here!

• Like 1

Thanks bhopper2.  Listen...please read my comments to the author at the end of the first chapter of "Empty" tagged under teen. I can't bring myself to retype that info but it'll help u to understand me a bit.  And thanks for your time. Love your stuff.  You got game for sure. J

Hi. I'm a new member but I guess I don't feel like one. I've been reading stories on this site and others like it for many years.  I just finally decided to stop being a wallflower and start dancing I guess.  Seeing as these stories and authors are really almost the only things I have left in life I guess it was the next logical step. Anyway...I'm glad to be here and be a part of something. Thank u so much to all of u talented authors for what u do and give of yourselves. 😀 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Like I said in the other thread, welcome to GA, glad that you're here!

Having trouble with navigation I guess (?)  

I see that u apparently replied to my post on "empty"...but I can't figure out how to read or get to your reply.    Help?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jwalk19610 said:

Having trouble with navigation I guess (?)  

I see that u apparently replied to my post on "empty"...but I can't figure out how to read or get to your reply.    Help?

Was just a reaction, I didn't submit a written response. I don't like tieing up other Author's stories with regular conversation.

However, I feel for you man, and I understand now what you said over on the Identify Thread.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Jwalk19610 said:

Welcome to the dance floor :P and to GA :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Jwalk19610 said:

I much like you, spent a long time just watching. Then one day I felt I had to comment on something, so I took the plunge and joined. It was one of my better decisions and have never looked back since. Don't sell yourself short, but I do agree that joining here was a good move.

Welcome aboard, join in on the action. We will try not to disappoint you. My best to you.

Take care

sandrewn:cowboy:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
21 hours ago, Jwalk19610 said:

Welcome :) I lurked for a while before deciding to join the site, and I haven't looked back since.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, sandrewn said:

I much like you, spent a long time just watching. Then one day I felt I had to comment on something, so I took the plunge and joined. It was one of my better decisions and have never looked back since. Don't sell yourself short, but I do agree that joining here was a good move.

Welcome aboard, join in on the action. We will try not to disappoint you. My best to you.

Take care

sandrewn:cowboy:

Thanks bunches! 😁😘 

• Like 2

So cool that lots of u welcomed me so nicely. I'm really glad to be here everyone. I've been in a long dark tunnel for a long time...and this is one small step I can take back to real life. After I lost my wife and three sons so senselessly 12 years ago I gave up living and become basically a hermit. Not only did I see no reason to remain in the closet...but I also saw no reason to live my life any more.  I'm trying to take some small steps back towards real life...and this is one of the first.  For 12 yrs these stories and authors and others like them and you on other sites have been both my friends and family.  But now I think I'm ready to actually talk...interact...live again.  We'll see...I'm gonna try ok. Thanks u all for welcoming me. It means a lot. Truly .  😉 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Jwalk19610 said:

So cool that lots of u welcomed me so nicely. I'm really glad to be here everyone. I've been in a long dark tunnel for a long time...and this is one small step I can take back to real life. After I lost my wife and three sons so senselessly 12 years ago I gave up living and become basically a hermit. Not only did I see no reason to remain in the closet...but I also saw no reason to live my life any more.  I'm trying to take some small steps back towards real life...and this is one of the first.  For 12 yrs these stories and authors and others like them and you on other sites have been both my friends and family.  But now I think I'm ready to actually talk...interact...live again.  We'll see...I'm gonna try ok. Thanks u all for welcoming me. It means a lot. Truly .  😉 

Feel welcome here! 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Jujubee said:

Hello, I'm Julian and brand new here. I found a link to Imagine magazine at the bottom of a story on Nifty.

I'm fifteen and I have beautiful boyfriend who just happens to be Welsh. I had never belonged to someone before I met him and it's very cool.  

I have to deal with a lot of restrictions on sharing because of school policy. We have a lot of embassy kids here and security can be a pain. I'm not even supposed to have a Gmail account but everyone here has something like that.

I've written some things that my classmates say are pretty good. I'll try to get something ready for you to read. 

So that's me, Julian.

Edited 3 hours ago by Jujubee

I moved this post from its original location.

Welcome, Jujubee! This is a great place to be a part of. Make yourself at home. Congrats on your beautiful Welsh boyfriend. :) Cheers... Gary....

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jujubee said:

Hello, I'm Julian and brand new here. I found a link to Imagine magazine at the bottom of a story on Nifty.

I'm fifteen and I have beautiful boyfriend who just happens to be Welsh. I had never belonged to someone before I met him and it's very cool.  

I have to deal with a lot of restrictions on sharing because of school policy. We have a lot of embassy kids here and security can be a pain. I'm not even supposed to have a Gmail account but everyone here has something like that.

I've written some things that my classmates say are pretty good. I'll try to get something ready for you to read. 

So that's me, Julian.

Edited 3 hours ago by Jujubee

I moved this post from its original location.

Welcome to GA :) 

• Like 1